Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
niick555's Groups
niick555's Contact & Social Links
Good afternoon, okay ??
I am making a map but I have some doubts ...
I created two adjacent zones, and want to create a zombie spawner for the two zones, it is possible? I tried to put it to a zone, and set the other as adjacent, but was not very successful ... It is very difficult for zombies come in my area adjacent ... There is another method? Also, I have an area that is not square, can create two volumes with the same area?

Thank you!
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
You need a spawner per zone, but you can just put them both in the same position. They don't have to be in "their" zones.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Good afternoon, okay ??
I am making a map but I have some doubts ...
I created two adjacent zones, and want to create a zombie spawner for the two zones, it is possible? I tried to put it to a zone, and set the other as adjacent, but was not very successful ... It is very difficult for zombies come in my area adjacent ... There is another method? Also, I have an area that is not square, can create two volumes with the same area?

Thank you!

If the zones are adjacent then the spawners from the adjacent zones will start spawning as long as they are unlocked(via buying a blocker).

Yes, you can create more than one volume for a zone. Just select the volume and hit space. It should have the same KVPs and same spawners.
Date Registered: 8 June 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
niick555's Groups
You need a spawner per zone, but you can just put them both in the same position. They don't have to be in "their" zones.

In the same position you say is put two spawner in the same place with different KVPs? And each spawner just goes to their zone, if they are not adjacent?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Yes, you can create more than one volume for a zone. Just select the volume and hit space. It should have the same KVPs and same spawners.

If you cut and retexture instead (using center mouse button while pointing at the volume) it will update kvps between the separate brushes as you edit them... Copy, if I remember correctly, will not treat it as the same ent.

Edit:
Just to clarify, my first response was for two separate zones. This reply is to two volumes, but still just one zone.

Edit:
In the same position you say is put two spawner in the same place with different KVPs? And each spawner just goes to their zone, if they are not adjacent?

They will go for the player, they will spawn where ever you place them and they will spawn if your in them, and they will spawn if they are linked to a zone you designated adjacent.
Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 09:02:00 pm by MakeCents
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
niick555's Groups
If the zones are adjacent then the spawners from the adjacent zones will start spawning as long as they are unlocked(via buying a blocker).

I understand better now on volumes... My question was whether there would be no conflict... Thank you!
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
If you cut and retexture instead (using center mouse button while pointing at the volume) it will update kvps between the separate brushes as you edit them... Copy, if I remember correctly, will not treat it as the same ent.

Well, after looking at the script it would appear that only the initial zone(the first zone that a player spawns in) supports multiple zone ents for some stupid reason. My bad.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
niick555's Groups
Well, after looking at the script it would appear that only the initial zone(the first zone that a player spawns in) supports multiple zone ents for some stupid reason. My bad.

So that means I can not have two info volumes with the same zone? Why for example, I'm doing a backyard which is curved in the shape of "L", and I need to make this zone curve... What should I do?
Date Registered: 2 April 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
If it's not perfect, you'll never see it.
Signature
Learn by doing, not copy and pasting.

Enjoy my 2015 contest map, a simple map with bo1-bo2 features
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=14968.msg149200#
Centric's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Centric's Contact & Social Linkscentricccentric_
So that means I can not have two info volumes with the same zone? Why for example, I'm doing a backyard which is curved in the shape of "L", and I need to make this zone curve... What should I do?

you can definatly have more than 1 volume per zone, I did it in my contest map and it 100% worked
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha

You make one big info volume. Then start cutting it, making sure to retexture info volume by clicking the center mouse button on a brush that has the info volume.
Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 04:25:54 am by MakeCents
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
niick555's Groups
you can definatly have more than 1 volume per zone, I did it in my contest map and it 100% worked

You make one big info volume. Then start cutting it, making sure to retexture info volume by clicking the center mouse button on a brush that has the info volume.

Thank you for the information, I'm getting zoning better now! They helped me a lot!

Loading ...