UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[26/40] Futurama - The future is a lot less detailed!

broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by Xperience
Date Registered: 17 January 2015
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Professional Change Counter
Signature

zombie lover / beta tester in training / perfectly loved
Map: Futurama

This map was made by CanadianTyler

Setting: You're enjoying a pleasant day at Planet Express sipping on your can of Slurm. Suddenly, the doors and windows break open as zombies break the silence. You run to your ship, but the power's been turned off. You must turn on the power and find a way to escape Planet Express before it's too late!

Positives: So for starters, the map looked exactly like a cartoon. It was almost if I had woken up in another universe. The textures were very much like the Simpsons custom zombies map (which I highly enjoyed) and were almost exactly like the show. Futurama also features UGX mod, so it must be pretty decent right? There are also various challenges that you can try and a number of different game modes (including Gun Game). There are a lot of custom weapons (including the RAINBOW, which I definitely recommend using to spray and pray). Perks are attainable through the box, something I've always thought would be cool to impliment into the game.

Negatives: The map really seemed to lack detail. It's unfortunate because going into the map I was expecting there to be heavy customized textures and lots of obstacles. Like I said before, there wasn't much, especially in the basement. It was like the mapper put a lot of time into customizing things that won't necessarily be seen throughout the course of one game (like the weapons/perks), especially when the buyable ending is 50,000. The map was also pretty small and relatively easy to open up all doors by round 8. There was only one box and really no need to go underground besides accessing jug and the power.

Conclusion: Overall, this map wasn't fully Futurama. It was a bit disappointing but had some pretty cool features with some amazing textures. It was definitely fun the first time playing, and I'd definitely be up for playing again to see more of the customized perks and weapons, maybe even with a few friends this time. Would I play this for any other reasons? Probably not, but for a possible first map (I'm not sure if CanadianTyler's done any other maps) it certainly wasn't a box room.

Level of Detail: 6/10
Custom Content: 7/10
Fun Scale: 7/10
Replayability: 6/10

Score: 26/40

Download Link: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9899.0.html
Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:28:25 pm by Xperience
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
I think the detail is a little on the low side, this map looks EXACTLY like Futurama. I don't even know how he got the textures to look like that. For the theme he was aiming for he did a fantastic job IMO. I mean that screenshot you have there looks like it's direct from the cartoon.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Yeah I noticed that, pretty cool huh? I thought that was pretty sweet, although I was expecting it to look less vacant. Overall, I really enjoyed playing it and especially liked the perk machine textures.
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
I also really love the way it looks. Lowering the water in the sewer I thought was clever as I was not expecting it to reveal another large area. Integrating the need to PAP guns into the objective was very cool also and seeing the good old suicide booth just made me stand up and clap for several whole minutes. Very fun!
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
You know what this map needs? A cel-shading shader.
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
In my opinion the "Level of Detail" score should be relevant to what the map is actually trying to depict, in this situation like Stevie said I think he done an amazing job of recreating the map.
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Yeah, I'd agree with others. Think there should be 2 or more 3 points in there somewhere, lol. I was amazed at the contrast between zombie textures and map textures. Made me laugh too.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Hmm, did you guys play before or after the map update was released? I wrote this review before v1.1 came out, but I will change the score a small bit to suit the community.  :) This was my first review so that might be why I was a bit critical. But overall I would recommend the map.  :D
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Hmm, did you guys play before or after the map update was released? I wrote this review before v1.1 came out, but I will change the score a small bit to suit the community.  :) This was my first review so that might be why I was a bit critical. But overall I would recommend the map.  :D

After. Its a good review man. Probably a more fair review than we're used to seeing, lol. I see most reviews are weighted. Where a really awesome map done by super experienced members gets 7s to 9s, and then a first timer will also get 7s to 9s for a good first map, so... I'd say that this rating system your using would measure everyone on the same scale regardless of experience more or less. I just wanted to express or share my thoughts that the "lack of detail", I thought, was actually being more detailed by making it look exactly like the show looks, that's all.  ;D Which was pretty cool.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
After. Its a good review man. Probably a more fair review than we're used to seeing, lol. I see most reviews are weighted. Where a really awesome map done by super experienced members gets 7s to 9s, and then a first timer will also get 7s to 9s for a good first map, so... I'd say that this rating system your using would measure everyone on the same scale regardless of experience more or less. I just wanted to express or share my thoughts that the "lack of detail", I thought, was actually being more detailed by making it look exactly like the show looks, that's all.  ;D Which was pretty cool.

Sweet deal, thanks MakeCents :) That's a pretty interesting observation. I would love to know where Tyler got these textures for sure. They're sweet and could be implemented in a number of map ideas. Opinions are always welcome ;)
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Probably a more fair review than we're used to seeing, lol.
Watch it buddy, it sounds like you're doubting the fairness and infallibility of the Map Reviewers. I'll turn a blind eye but just this once.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Watch it buddy, it sounds like you're doubting the fairness and infallibility of the Map Reviewers. I'll turn a blind eye but just this once.

+1, I'll never do it again.  ;)
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
dont need to change it, just let the opinion influence your future reviews

the score is your call, the guys are just bringing some extra factors to consider in future ;)
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
dont need to change it, just let the opinion influence your future reviews

the score is your call, the guys are just bringing some extra factors to consider in future ;)

Alright sweet. Thanks Harry, you all have been very helpful with this! Love hearing from others  ;D
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Yeah, what he said.
Respect.
Just kidding.
Welcome to the club mate.

Loading ...