Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
General_101's Groups
General_101's Contact & Social Linksgeneral_20776561198041863674general_207
I have been working on something for a while and wanted to have a certain type of door. I have it set so that I use a trigger_use and then it moves a script_brushmodel up. I added a player clip in hopes that it would remain solid but it seems not matter what I try I can't make the gate remain solid for the duration of the opening sequence.  Here is pictures of what I am doing.

http://i.imgur.com/8kYKXmq.png
http://i.imgur.com/YKRwI2h.png
http://i.imgur.com/C9ZdPIq.png

Anyone mind giving me any pointers here. I am stumped as to what to do.
Marked as best answer by General_101 8 years ago
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
That's because the blockers_new script immediately makes the brush notsolid. You can either make a custom script for this door, or modify the blockers_new script.

Also, with a door that wide and so many pathnodes, you may run into the max disconnected paths error then. If you do, lesson how many pathnodes can connect when the door is opened.

Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 02:02:24 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 8 November 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
General_101's Groups
Any resources you know of that could get me started? I could just leave it as is but I really don't want to have a door that opens instantly in that area.
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
What you might be able to do, is put a clip there, that when the door fully opens, you could delete the clip.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Any resources you know of that could get me started? I could just leave it as is but I really don't want to have a door that opens instantly in that area.

Here is the kvp for controlling the speed of opening the door which goes on the door:
script_transition_time

But the door and clip will still be notsolid right away so that the player can walk through it. You'll need to modify or make a custom script. It's not too hard. Looking at the zombiemode_blockers_new.gsc in the door_think function should give you most of what you need to edit or make a new script.

Date Registered: 8 November 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
General_101's Groups
Honestly, I thought you were joking but it was rather straight forward. No issue seems to crop up as long as I keep only that door as being solid while moving. My problem was that I thought that editing the _zombiemode_blocker_new in raw\maps would do it but when I compiled it I was getting it with notsolid instead of solid so I must have been editing the wrong thing.
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
Honestly, I thought you were joking but it was rather straight forward. No issue seems to crop up as long as I keep only that door as being solid while moving. My problem was that I thought that editing the _zombiemode_blocker_new in raw\maps would do it but when I compiled it I was getting it with notsolid instead of solid so I must have been editing the wrong thing.
just a tip , don't never ever edit a script in your raw "don't ever touch it" , want to edit something copy it to your mod and mess with it as you wish.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha

You would be best to keep the clip solid, and not move it at all until the door was moved. Make the door notsolid, move the door. Then when the door finishes moving, connectpaths on the clip and delete the clip. This method would be the most error proof I think.

Map specific changes like this would be done in your mod folder. And if your changing your script in raw/maps, I think you have to compile to get the updates, but could be wrong, which takes a long time. Just copy it to your mods/mapname/maps folder, edit what you like there, and a println statement where you change stuff so you physically see your changes are there.

You can also make changes directly in your iwd after you have moved the gsc to your mods/mapname/maps folder.
Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 09:22:55 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
As same as the above but when thing , when editing a script just build mod , change something in the map compile. About your error it happened with of many times i used back then a custom model with a world phong not model phong to make it solid/made a custom texture and a clip and writed a script so when the door have been bought the clip gets deleted and the door move and a new zone activate lol.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Here is my completely mediocre script for reference to help out.

This gives me an idea. Would be cool to have a place for people to post their code and others to help with things they have found and help optimize their scripts and prefabs. For example. If you made the triggers have the same targetname and each door piece (sewer_lock) would be the target of each trigger, you could have scripted it this way:

Code Snippet
Plaintext

init()
{
teddies = GetEntArray( "teddies","targetname" );//trigger targetname for all triggers
level.teddy_num = teddies.size;
array_thread( teddies,::TriggerUs );
}
TriggerUs(){
self UseTriggerRequireLookAt();
self SetCursorHint( "HINT_NOICON" );
self waittill("trigger", player);
playFx(level._effect["flare"], self.origin);
player playlocalsound( "meteor_affirm" );
level.teddy_num--;
if(level.teddy_num<=0){
if(!IsDefined( self.target )){
iPrintLn("trigger with targetname kvp: " + self.targetname + " has no target");
return;
}
if(IsDefined( self.script_flag )) flag_set( self.script_flag );
targets = GetEntArray( self.target,"targetname" );
if(targets.size>0) play_sound_at_pos("door_slide_open", targets[0].origin);
for( i=0;i<targets.size;i++ ){
targets[i] thread MoveMe();
}
}
}
MoveMe(){
time = 1;
if(IsDefined( self.script_transition_time)) time = self.script_transition_time;//for speed of this piece to move
if(IsDefined( self.script_noteworthy ) && self.script_noteworthy == "clip"){
wait(time-.1);//wait the time and delete the clip once opened
self NotSolid( );
self connectpaths();
self delete();
}else{
self NotSolid( );
self connectpaths();
self MoveZ (-200, time);
}
}

Setting up your trigger and door pieces that way allow you to make tweaks to them in radiant without having to fix your script, as well as add and delete more like it. With some more tweaks you can end up making this script serve multiple purposes. You may want to add a script_flag as well btw, in case you want to activate a zone. I also added the clip part since that is what his issue really was.
Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 12:53:46 am by MakeCents
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I would have loved that. PM Trem to ask him if a new section can be added to the forum. I honestly cant believe that a thread for this hasnt been implemented.

Why bother, make topic yourself in General Discussion

Loading ...