Date Registered: 1 January 2016
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Cobalt Zombie's Groups
Cobalt Zombie's Contact & Social Links
Is there any Mid-Game save mods out there or anything? I have massively crash issues at the moment and I can't play a map long enough to get further than around round 15.. A save MOD would be awesome so I could make it through these maps that I want to.

If not.. good idea for someone to make? Even if it's just one map at a time.. so you can't just savescum a bunch of maps at once. Maybe using similar mechanics to the bank or fridge.. might not be too difficult a mod for those experienced coders out there?

Have at.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
I would be all for this especially for maps that can be difficult to finish in one sitting or if you wanna go for a high round and not just have to keep your computer on for a week with the game up on the screen.
Date Registered: 17 January 2015
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Professional Change Counter
Signature

zombie lover / beta tester in training / perfectly loved
I'm assuming the "save feature" would take you back to the last objective (in an easteregg) you completed or the beginning of that round. This is an interesting idea, and I'd love to see it. But would the game save to the player profile, the computer, the steam account? That, and if this is even possible, are the real questions.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Since WaW is already ready for stuff like this, adding a save feature wouldn't be anything too hard to do, although it would break the game over screen as it would revert to last saved state and not to start of the game. So the only solution I see is to exit to lobby.
Date Registered: 1 January 2016
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Cobalt Zombie's Groups
Cobalt Zombie's Contact & Social Links
I'm assuming the "save feature" would take you back to the last objective (in an easteregg) you completed or the beginning of that round. This is an interesting idea, and I'd love to see it. But would the game save to the player profile, the computer, the steam account? That, and if this is even possible, are the real questions.

Potentially.. or maybe if there was just an interactive object in the game that would allow you to save at the point where you interacted with it. Again.. the same way the fridge and bank work, what do they save to?

Since WaW is already ready for stuff like this, adding a save feature wouldn't be anything too hard to do, although it would break the game over screen as it would revert to last saved state and not to start of the game. So the only solution I see is to exit to lobby.

Good point, might just be something that the creator of the Map/ mod has to make clear.. may even be possible to get around this just through modding/ coding?

I would be all for this especially for maps that can be difficult to finish in one sitting or if you wanna go for a high round and not just have to keep your computer on for a week with the game up on the screen.

That's another situation I didn't think of yeah, totally agree.
Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 09:50:57 pm by HitmanVere
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
Tried to do it ... Fucked up my hole map
Date Registered: 11 March 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Signature
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
buttkicker845's Groups
buttkicker845's Contact & Social Links
Tried to do it ... Fucked up my hole map
how? what exactly did it do?
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
how? what exactly did it do?
using Bo1 script for saving and adding some lines to my Scripts , in radiant i added custom zones for checkpoints lol . It was well and very good then it started to have trouble with it as i'm down when in the half of the EE . It spawn me again with no weapon . 0 progress of the EE. Tried hardly to fix it. Then i canceled my project lol . 

Loading ...