My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
xdddd
Signature
ZombieSlayer5778's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
ZombieSlayer5778's Contact & Social Links76561198200039562JSgaming

Map by: dextro62

The Basics: You and your friends wake up in the classic game of Doom. You see immense mountains in the distance and flowing pools of acid that will melt the skin off your bones. Suddenly, you hear a noise from behind you. You spin around, expecting it to be one of your friends, but instead you look right into the empty eyes of the undead. Grabbing your weapon, you prepare to fight, hoping to live another day...

Pros: I remember the days when I used to play Quake and Doom on my computer when they were a huge thing. When I launched this map, I got hit with some serious nostalgia. This map features Doom textures, Doom sounds, and takes place in the first level; everything I could have wanted from a Doom map. The map has a cool addition with the acid, acting like the lava from Tranzit, but is not overly used which I enjoyed. The acid is key to two parts of the map; to get to the room with Juggernog where you must jump over the acid to land on a platform that leads into the room, and to Pack-a-Punch which is like the PaP in Town; you must run in, and run out of the lava/acid. The structure and gameplay of the map is really cool, and I liked where everything was placed; perks, wall weapons, box locations.

Cons: There were a lot of things in this map though that I didn't like. For one, I found it quite boring, because once you opened the three, 2000 point doors to Pack-a-Punch, there was a HUGE open space to train, which I thought made the map boring and too easy. The mapper took time to make custom round change music, and Doom textures, but didn't take the time to quickly implement Black Ops Quick Revive. I also found that the triggers sometimes disappeared, which was annoying at times. The map also used stock WaW weapons, which can fit in certain maps, but in a remake map such as this, I felt like the mapper could have used at least UGX mod.

Conclusion: The map was overall a pleasant experience; it featured a 20,000 buyable ending, and was quite easy, but for new players, this map is a great way to learn how to train. Like I said before, I really liked the Doom textures, and the sounds were very cool. If you are bored one afternoon, and have nothing to do, I would suggest giving this map a go!

Detail: 5/10
Custom Content: 3/10
Fun Scale: 6/10
Replayablility: 2/10

Score: 16/40

Download link: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10493.0.html
Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 01:40:06 pm by ZombieSlayer5778
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
Agreed the map needs some more work on. Good review dude!
Date Registered: 17 January 2015
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Professional Change Counter
Signature

zombie lover / beta tester in training / perfectly loved
Was planning on playing this map but looks like someone already played it for me ;) Glad I don't have to waste my time now haha (no hard feelings to the mapper). Nice review ZS, and keep working on mapping dextro! :)
Date Registered: 16 January 2021
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Ratickxs's Groups
Ratickxs's Contact & Social Links
The map is amazing but i think its so basic, no have guns of Doom, only have the original perks and Quick Revive dont work in Solo, but the textures are perfect, its so easy buy the ending in the zone of Pack a Punch
(Image removed from quote.)

Map by: dextro62

The Basics: You and your friends wake up in the classic game of Doom. You see immense mountains in the distance and flowing pools of acid that will melt the skin off your bones. Suddenly, you hear a noise from behind you. You spin around, expecting it to be one of your friends, but instead you look right into the empty eyes of the undead. Grabbing your weapon, you prepare to fight, hoping to live another day...

Pros: I remember the days when I used to play Quake and Doom on my computer when they were a huge thing. When I launched this map, I got hit with some serious nostalgia. This map features Doom textures, Doom sounds, and takes place in the first level; everything I could have wanted from a Doom map. The map has a cool addition with the acid, acting like the lava from Tranzit, but is not overly used which I enjoyed. The acid is key to two parts of the map; to get to the room with Juggernog where you must jump over the acid to land on a platform that leads into the room, and to Pack-a-Punch which is like the PaP in Town; you must run in, and run out of the lava/acid. The structure and gameplay of the map is really cool, and I liked where everything was placed; perks, wall weapons, box locations.

Cons: There were a lot of things in this map though that I didn't like. For one, I found it quite boring, because once you opened the three, 2000 point doors to Pack-a-Punch, there was a HUGE open space to train, which I thought made the map boring and too easy. The mapper took time to make custom round change music, and Doom textures, but didn't take the time to quickly implement Black Ops Quick Revive. I also found that the triggers sometimes disappeared, which was annoying at times. The map also used stock WaW weapons, which can fit in certain maps, but in a remake map such as this, I felt like the mapper could have used at least UGX mod.

Conclusion: The map was overall a pleasant experience; it featured a 20,000 buyable ending, and was quite easy, but for new players, this map is a great way to learn how to train. Like I said before, I really liked the Doom textures, and the sounds were very cool. If you are bored one afternoon, and have nothing to do, I would suggest giving this map a go!

Detail: 5/10
Custom Content: 3/10
Fun Scale: 6/10
Replayablility: 2/10

Score: 16/40

Download link: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10493.0.html

Loading ...