UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Black Ops 3 Closed Mod Tools Alpha Started! + Screenshot and Videos!

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by CabCon
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
They did provide a basic 'Sniperbolt' style map to the alpha testers, as well as the Giant .map I believe. And Wakka (the guy whose videos these are) said that the Giant .map will be given to everyone in the beta. So The Giant remakes are going to be all over the shop. I wish they gave us SOE instead, think we've seen enough of Der Reise now. ::)
I wanted Tranzit/Town :(
Only good map worth editing.
Spoiler: click to open...
/s if you really can't tell
Date Registered: 19 May 2016
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Groups
More
More
zeroy's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
zeroy's Contact & Social Linkszeroy99TheRealZeroyzeroy99zeroyZeroy's Portfolio
laziness as is typical for 3arc - would be surprised if it stays there forever because they won't want people to get access to a map that was intended only for preorders and/or see tons of remakes of The Giant.

Wrong. None of the stuff in the Modtools will require DLC ownership and the Giant is very likely to remain. Since the Mod stuff isnt ranked Treyarch have no issues in releasing the content to us for modding.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Wrong. None of the stuff in the Modtools will require DLC ownership and the Giant is very likely to remain. Since the Mod stuff isnt ranked Treyarch have no issues in releasing the content to us for modding.
wrong

We were never given the dlc assets for bo1 and only got em for cod 4 and 5 cos they were "free" on PC - and we were given none of the zombie map files

Plus he was talking about the map "file" - not the assets - which is intended to be "bought for play" or all of us who preordered got royally shafted

They "usually" allow us to mod any map - but not give us it's map file - and those wishing to play it require the dlc ( the regular "or" modded versions )
Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 11:56:26 am by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 23 November 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombie Slayer Elite
Gabrielle's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Gabrielle's Contact & Social LinksTutorialZoneNL
I cannot wait for the tools to be released. Although I see a dick move of Treyarch trying to sell the tools for a bunch of money since they desperately need money. Oh well. Let's hope for a great time of modding BO3 :3
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
I cannot wait for the tools to be released. Although I see a dick move of Treyarch trying to sell the tools for a bunch of money since they desperately need money. Oh well. Let's hope for a great time of modding BO3 :3
good thing treyarch are not the ones who sell anything - that would be activision

And they are definitely not "low on money" lol
Date Registered: 23 November 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombie Slayer Elite
Gabrielle's Groups
Gabrielle's Contact & Social LinksTutorialZoneNL
good thing treyarch are not the ones who sell anything - that would be activision

And they are definitely not "low on money" lol
You get what I mean lol but I wasn't 100% serious about it lol xD
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(

Any clues yet whether we will have access to the raw DLC assets this time? I asked PCDEV but he didn't give a solid answer, just 'more details at a later date'.

They do realise that if they don't provide us with them, it won't stop anything, it will just mean people will use legally dubious 3rd party programs again to 'rip' the assets ourselves and will just end up requiring more work on our behalf right? Why not cut out the middle man?
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
The 3rd party software developers for those ripping tools will make a fortune off of at least 2 users who will buy the assets :troll:

Well there's a rumour there will be a free tool for everyone to use coming out shortly, so hopefully that will put an end to such shenanigans ::)

Although if IW doesn't have mod tools expect it to continue there lol.
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
Any clues yet whether we will have access to the raw DLC assets this time? I asked PCDEV but he didn't give a solid answer, just 'more details at a later date'.

They do realise that if they don't provide us with them, it won't stop anything, it will just mean people will use legally dubious 3rd party programs again to 'rip' the assets ourselves and will just end up requiring more work on our behalf right? Why not cut out the middle man?
Personally, I'd be more concerned about getting stuff from all the old CODs into BO3 before I worry about dlc models. I mean, if we want to fully utilize the new engine, we'll have to make some extra textures for each gun and I don't think they'll be anything but custom animations, which is ironic considering how much people normally bitch about official anims :P Sure, the dlc stuff looks nice, but there's only a little bit of it compared to all the old models that will have to be ported in if anyone wants good detailing in maps. I think pretty much anything since BO2 could be ported in would create adequate detailing for BO3.
Date Registered: 21 September 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
File fiddler
Signature
<field name="bIsModder" type="Boolean">True</field>
<field name="sName" type="String">GKID7891</field>
GKID7891's Groups
GKID7891's Contact & Social Linksgkid7891
The BO2 weapons has a good texture quality on them indeed. IMO they are better looking than the vanilla weapons in WaW.
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
The BO2 weapons has a good texture quality on them indeed. IMO they are better looking than the vanilla weapons in WaW.

I would expect BO2 weapons to look better since BO2 is a 2012 game and WaW is a 2008 game. :)
Date Registered: 21 September 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
File fiddler
GKID7891's Groups
GKID7891's Contact & Social Linksgkid7891
Yes, but we could still give them higher resolution and better looking textures ;)
Date Registered: 19 May 2016
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Groups
More
More
zeroy's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
zeroy's Contact & Social Linkszeroy99TheRealZeroyzeroy99zeroyZeroy's Portfolio
As per other Modtools release I would say we will get one MP level and one Zombie Level - we are working to get more of course, if anything Models and Textures :)

Here's a level I built yesterday in under 4h with the recent Alpha Tool update we got

and the speed mapping video of it

[UGX] Documentation Writer & Programmer
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(ง º ω º )ง u wont sum m8y?
Signature
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
thanks  :gusta:
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 10 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
As per other Modtools release I would say we will get one MP level and one Zombie Level - we are working to get more of course, if anything Models and Textures :)

Here's a level I built yesterday in under 4h with the recent Alpha Tool update we got

(Content removed from quote.)
and the speed mapping video of it

(Content removed from quote.)
cool  8) thanks  :)

Loading ...