My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
[UGX] Developer
Lukkie1998's Groups
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
2015 Participant
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
REMINDER: Zero-Tolerance Policy for Harassment
Hey guys,

After all the latest drama which happened on UGX, we are going to remind you of a post we made a while ago:
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8947.0.html

Back then we didn't do much about policing the Zero-Tolerance Policy and we tolerated most behavior of our members. Sadly, we have come to the conclusion that this doesn't work and something must be done. The forum just got more and more toxic, which is due to certain members who always want to say their opinions without respecting the other members in the community as well as staff. We encourage people to let them say their thoughts, but if this can't be in a respectful manner then there is nothing else we can do than start issuing bans.

We also want to let you know that all warnings have been cleared. You are all getting a second chance now and we will strictly enforce our Zero-Tolerance Policy. If you receive two warnings from this point on you will get a ban.

Hopefully this is sufficient information for you. If you have any questions, feel free to post them below!

Lukkie1998
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 21 September 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Mapper - Fracture Studios
Signature
SirJammy's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
SirJammy's Contact & Social Linksjamiecallow2jamboii12SirJammyMrCraftingDude
[UGX] Developer
Date Registered: 28 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
[UGX] Developer
Lukkie1998's Groups
UGX Team Member
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
2015 Participant
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I am still waiting on the ban for connor after he threatened to shoot me. I think there are alot of flaws regarding this "Zero-Tolerance Policy". I haven't been warned about harassment, so it appears this isnt addressing me. I do think however, that some moderators need to be a little more fair as I have seen others get warnings for much less than threatening to shoot someone. The moderators are as responsible as the users for the negativity. I will always resent the moderators for not taking a personal threat, such as connor threatening to shoot me, seriously.
Warnings are dealt on moderator's discretion, most of the time we actually have a good reason to do so. And don't worry about connor, we talked with him about it through PM.
We also want to let you know that all warnings have been cleared. You are all getting a second chance now and we will strictly enforce our Zero-Tolerance Policy. If you receive two warnings from this point on you will get a ban.

Lukkie1998
Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 04:51:53 pm by Lukkie1998
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
I am still waiting on the ban for connor after he threatened to shoot me. I think there are alot of flaws regarding this "Zero-Tolerance Policy". I haven't been warned about harassment, so it appears this isnt addressing me. I do think however, that some moderators need to be a little more fair as I have seen others get warnings for much less than threatening to shoot someone. The moderators are as responsible as the users for the negativity. I will always resent the moderators for not taking a personal threat, such as connor threatening to shoot me, seriously.

Less of that talk Nate unless you want my 12 gauge up your ass buddy. >:(
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
It's okay stevie I forgive you because you must be going through "hard times"

steviewonder87
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Don't mean to give you sass over it as I know its not your fault, but this is a life threat. A PM suffices? Sounds like poor "moderator discretion". If he can get away with that I am nearly positive I can say whatever I want with just a PM as punishment. Mods are all worried about protecting feelings over actual problems. For example it took DD until now to get banned, gunoftruth was banned after unpardonable damage for the third time, and NGCaudle lasted ages before he was kicked. Have you guys even defined harassment?

Did you report this threat when it was made? I can't remember ever seeing one from you. Anyway, that aside we will be taking all reports very seriously this time around so if you have any issues with anyone the use the report feature so it doesn't slip under the radar.

As for the leniency of moderator actions, that will definitely change now. Irrespective of the reasons for warnings or who you are you WILL be banned after the warning limit is reached so let's just see how it goes from here, eh?

Edit: Also, we will not be tolerating anymore threads that are created to target or call out any other members of the site, regardless of the reason. Hate posts are not on and a warning will be issued to anyone who creates them. Report people if they are harassing you or affecting your personal life in any way. Naming & shaming is not allowed.
Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 06:37:22 pm by DeathBringerZen
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I don't believe I ever heard about this either (but my memory is also bad) which is alarming. I personally wrote in the rule about threats and it concerns me to see something falling through the cracks like this. I strongly advise you to use the report to admin button in the future to get the attention of every staff member simultaneously when something like this happens.

If you want to PM me some proof of what happened with connor I will make sure he gets what he deserves.

A lot of people here are old enough in the community to remember what ZombieModding was like around 6-7 years ago. It wasn't very toxic and everyone was having a great time. And then it slowly devolved into a toxic cesspool of racist xenophobic sexist homophobic antisemetic assholes and nobody wanted to post there anymore. Clearly we are not at that point yet but we are headed in the same trajectory based on the type of posts I keep seeing from regular members. This needs to stop.

I'm tired of seeing these stupid "but you're making it a safe space trololo" posts. Safe space as a term needs to die. There's no such thing. All we are trying to do here is maintain order in chaos. The goal is not to eliminate people's ability to troll or have fun with other members on the site but there's a line between joking and harassment that regularly gets crossed here. It's really hard to deal with situations like this but we are doing our best to handle it without ruining the community in the process.

If you are one of the people who feels like this site has become too toxic for you I urge you to stick around and do your best to filter it out or outweigh it with good discussions and positivity.

Thank you.
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 12 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Signature
The greatest failure is not to try and fail, but is to fail without trying.
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
You guys also should ban political posts or anything related to them, as they can start sparks of disagreement that later become problems that are harder to handle. (Just saying).
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I PM'ed you a screenshot of what he said. Surprised nobody caught it as I have posted the same screenshot I sent you to his leaving post.
Thank you, he's banned now.

You guys also should ban political posts or anything related to them, as they can start sparks of disagreement that later become problems that are harder to handle. (Just saying).
We are currently discussing this very thing right now in our staff Skype group. It seems that people are tired of seeing non-zombie related threads on the site in general. Most of what gets posted into General Discussion (which is as close as we have to off-topic) just devolve into trash topics or arguments. We're primarily a zombies community and it appears we may need to focus what discussion topics are valid. It would be useful to see how many people agree or disagree with that statement.
Date Registered: 27 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
adfgdagasdf2's Groups
adfgdagasdf2's Contact & Social Links
We are currently discussing this very thing right now in our staff Skype group. It seems that people are tired of seeing non-zombie related threads on the site in general. Most of what gets posted into General Discussion (which is as close as we have to off-topic) just devolve into trash topics or arguments. We're primarily a zombies community and it appears we may need to focus what discussion topics are valid. It would be useful to see how many people agree or disagree with that statement.

Generally, I agree with this statement. There's nothing wrong with being social or sharing an opinion, but there's no reason for an entire thread to be devoted to it. There are people in chat all the time, and I assume that most players have the people they want to talk to on Steam or Skype already. I've mainly used this site for zombie maps, but I can understand that people want public opinions on some topics. Perhaps there's a way to keep General Discussions from appearing in "Recent Posts" on the home screen? Those who are actively looking for an off-topic discussion can check the respective category.
Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 10:52:25 pm by PSNtoonjuice
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655

I have to agree with this. If there's one thing I've learned, its that political topics on this site:

1. Don't change anyone's opinion about the topic. People are gonna think what their gonna think.
2. End's in pointless arguing and unintelligible insulting. Usually needs to be locked.

As much of a firm believer in freedom of speech that I am, I don't think they are good for anybody.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I have to agree with this. If there's one thing I've learned, its that political topics on this site:

1. Don't change anyone's opinion about the topic. People are gonna think what their gonna think.
2. End's in pointless arguing and unintelligible insulting. Usually needs to be locked.

As much of a firm believer in freedom of speech that I am, I don't think they are good for anybody.
Yeah, I tend to agree. Everyone is looking to share their opinion but not many are looking to change their own. Nor is this really the appropriate place to be trying.
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Yea, I agree too. I certainly have my own convictions about things but I come to UGX as like a daily vacation and I just want to have fun and talk about zombies not get into it with people. If we want to talk to someone about more serious issues we can just PM each other and keep it contained and safe from the all seeing/ever critcal eye of Stevie  ;D
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
I agree

It's a call of duty zombie forum - and that is what we should be discussing
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
Yea, I agree too. I certainly have my own convictions about things but I come to UGX as like a daily vacation and I just want to have fun and talk about zombies not get into it with people. If we want to talk to someone about more serious issues we can just PM each other and keep it contained and safe from the all seeing/ever critcal eye of Stevie  ;D

If you think you're safe in your PMs, think again Tom.

Make no mistake; I'm always watching buddy...:-*

Spoiler: click to open...
That's right, I know about that site you visit you dirty dog you.

Loading ...