UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

We will only be able to distribute maps through steam workshop.

broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by Recraftguy
Date Registered: 20 January 2016
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Recraftguy's Groups
Recraftguy's Contact & Social Links
PCDev just confirmed that steam workshop will be the only platform we can upload maps to, but we can still share the link to the workshop page on here.
Source: https://twitter.com/pcdev/status/768845296923140096
This sucks.
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
We should be able to integrate UGX Launcher into the steam API to subscribe you to the mods but still allow you to use the UGX Launcher to browse them all, which should provide a much more positive experience.

Also users should be able to neglect to upload to steam workshop altogether and just upload here like we did with WaW.
Date Registered: 5 April 2013
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
IHammY/'s Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Uploading to steam workshop is one of the best thing that can happen to a modding community tho, just look at zombiemodding nowadays. You cant even download any of the older maps :(
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Uploading to steam workshop is one of the best thing that can happen to a modding community tho, just look at zombiemodding nowadays. You cant even download any of the older maps :(
The hosting is great, it's just workshop itself that sucks. Which is what we aim to improve :)
Date Registered: 24 April 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
whippytrout's Contact & Social LinksWhippyTroutWhippyTrout
Shoot I love the Steam workshop. I have friends who don't know how to use a computer and go crazy on me when then have to move a map to their mod's folder or run an exe. Lol They like to be able to click the big green subscribe button and start playing. Adding BO3 maps to the workshop will make my life so much easier. Maybe now my friends will play custom zombies more.  :D

Just remember we are in the minority. We are mappers and modders whereas the majority of people are just players. They just want to play the maps and usually don't have technical knowledge about computers. If I said go to your AppData/CodWaw/mods folder they would scratch there head and say WTF? lol Nothing wrong with that either I'm just saying the most user friendly and fastest delivery of content to players in my experience has been the Steam workshop. I've used it on Ark, L4D2, Gmod, Don't Starve Together, and many more. Seems fine to me. No problems so far and I've played games for years.
Date Registered: 1 January 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Signature
vinnyz500's Groups
vinnyz500's Contact & Social Linkspsn_hackedlobbies4uXxMrPotatoxXvinnyz500
let's just hope the upload limit is not too low... not sure how big these bo3 maps can get but I imagine the raised limits will allow much more space to be used. Shit, tons of WaW maps can go well over half a gig...
Date Registered: 2 September 2013
Last active: 1 month ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Ping998
Signature
"My maps might not be the best looking, or the most hyped, but I still release them in hopes that they can make others somewhat happy"

- Ping
CreepersAreEpic's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
CreepersAreEpic's Contact & Social LinksPing998Ping998ZPing998CreepersAreAwesome
So I'm guessing the download button on this forum can be used to link to the steam workshop.

However we are allowed to act as if this was a map release on UGX?

I personally don't have a problem with steam workshop and as previously mentioned, it is easier to use. I just hope it is structured in such a way where maps aren't cluttered (basically crap maps get less prevalence than more high-quality maps).

I'm kinda not sure what files would be necessary for an upload (just take the CoDBO3/maps/mapname folder in appdata and upload it to the steam workshop? idk)

This could have a negative effect on the UGX website unless steam has an unlisted(?) section where only a person can be given a link in order to download it. This means you can only access certain maps directly from the UGX website.

I am quite clueless about BO3 modding/mapping as of now. Still waiting for those damn tools XD
Date Registered: 19 May 2016
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Groups
More
More
zeroy's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
zeroy's Contact & Social Linkszeroy99TheRealZeroyzeroy99zeroyZeroy's Portfolio
IMO Steam Workshop is the best we could hope for, not some third party app that divides everyone and requires extra steps, etc...

Since it is Steam however some third party app might still be usable, best of both world in this case.
Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 02:51:38 pm by zeroy
Date Registered: 17 June 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Swervz's Groups
Swervz's Contact & Social Links
You can probably just put the mods in some folder like waw. He didnt even say it was steam workshop only, he said they they will be using the workshop but never outright denied you could use other ways to distribute maps.
Date Registered: 13 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Making a map for BO3
Signature
My maps
Maze of Chances 1% (STOPPED for now)
Shotgun Survival 4% (STOPPED for now)
Unannounced Map 0.1% (Made with 2 unannounced people)
theawesome624's Groups
Well, then people with disc versions can't get custom maps I guess... (Or am I stupid and are missing something)
The Last of Us
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 12 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
Signature
smasher248's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
smasher248's Contact & Social Linkssmasher248smasher248
Well, then people with disc versions can't get custom maps I guess... (Or am I stupid and are missing something)

they can :facepalm:

Loading ...