The Decider
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Dat feel when anims "fall from sky" ;)
CyberMan1011's Groups
CyberMan1011's Contact & Social Linkscyberman1011
I feel silly for having to make this into a thread since I kinda already thought of a decision but I'll do it anyways.

So I bought myself a 3DS around the time Pokemon X & Y came out...I don't hate Pokemon but I don't own nor do I play any of the games. I could never get into Pokemon no matter how hard I tried so buying Pokemon Y was a mistake tbh

Just a few more months before it's 2017...and I still haven't even gotten halfway through Pokemon Y and I don't even remember the last time I touched my 3DS. I do admit that there are quite a lot of good games for the 3DS, but as enjoyable as they look I don't plan on buying them anytime soon, sadly.

So...should I sell it?
Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 02:16:49 pm by CyberMan1011
broken avatar :(
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
I feel silly for having to make this into a thread since I kinda already thought of a decision but I'll do it anyways.

So I bought myself a 3DS around the time Pokemon X & Y came out...I don't hate Pokemon but I don't own nor do I play any of the games. I could never get into Pokemon no matter how hard I tried so buying Pokemon Y was a mistake tbh

Just a few more months before it's 2017...and I still haven't even gotten halfway through Pokemon Y and I don't even remember the last time I touched my 3DS. I do admit that there are quite a lot of good games for the 3DS, but as enjoyable as they look I don't plan on buying them anytime soon, sadly.

So...should I sell it?

Yes. And if you still need that Pokemon fix just get an emulator/ROM on your phone or PC. I personally am playing Fire Red, Liquid Crystal, and Emerald.
Date Registered: 9 July 2013
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Learning more about Maya & Radiant ;)
ricko0z's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
ricko0z's Contact & Social Linksricko0zricko0zricko0zricko0zytricko0zricko0z
ez, install a Custom Firmeware on your 3ds and problem fixed xdd, plus PW: Spirit of Jutice comes on september 8th :D

Swag Commander ( ͡
Date Registered: 12 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Dat feel when anims "fall from sky" ;)
CyberMan1011's Groups
CyberMan1011's Contact & Social Linkscyberman1011
Yes. And if you still need that Pokemon fix just get an emulator/ROM on your phone or PC. I personally am playing Fire Red, Liquid Crystal, and Emerald.

I searched up "3DS emulator" on YouTube just to see if anything worth watching finally pops up and turns out an actual 3DS emulator is finally in the works...I guess I now have a solution to playing all those 3DS games that I missed out on  :troll:
ez, install a Custom Firmeware on your 3ds and problem fixed xdd, plus PW: Spirit of Jutice comes on september 8th :D

Last time I tried installing custom firmware on something Nintendo-related (Wii), I almost bricked it...I don't want to take any more risks with that anymore  :please:
Date Registered: 9 July 2013
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Learning more about Maya & Radiant ;)
ricko0z's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
ricko0z's Contact & Social Linksricko0zricko0zricko0zricko0zytricko0zricko0z
actually i have mine with CFW ;D, its in fact easy to do ;D, just take time... this tutorial helpme a lot --> http://bit.ly/2bQBpIg

Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 06:19:12 pm by ricko0z
Date Registered: 21 September 2016
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Signature
Not changing this until Dark Cloud gets another installment
MisterDeadeye's Groups
MisterDeadeye's Contact & Social LinksdeadeyegfxDeadeyeGFX
I don't think it would really be worth that much at this point, so unless you need the cash, I'd install CFW as other people are suggesting. You should look into it regardless of your decision; I'm sure the process is straight-forward.

I had an R4, I believe it was, for my DS(both times I bought one), and it didn't keep me interested enough to not sell it, but now, several years later, I wish I didn't sell it because I get a hankering for Pokemon quite a bit, and even with a controller, emulators don't fill my fix. I can play on a DS(or 3DS) whenever and wherever I want. I can have it running on my desk while I'm doing stuff at the computer, I can take it with me if I go visit friends or when I go to the bathroom, laying in bed when I'm about to fall asleep and when I'm waking up, etc. Having access to an emulator is nice, but again, it's just not the same. I even miss the touchpad and to a lesser extent, the stylus, whenever I'm playing on an emulator.

The biggest difference I see(because let's face it, most games on the DS and 3DS aren't interesting or good enough to justify saving the system for), is Pokemon. I've been playing it since I was little, I collected and battled cards, participated in a lot of the promotional stuff like with Burger King, etc. I think I've played every game, even the third of each generation(Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, etc.) until X/Y. I played Diamond and Platinum competitively against people on forums, spent hundreds of hours hatching eggs for good IVs and natures and abilities, cross-bred for specific egg moves, hunted for shinies, etc.

I'm a big fan of the grind and goal of perfectly(or at least optimized) training of Pokemon to make the rest of the game and metagame easier. The only problem I have is with collecting the Pokemon. Because they're not all available in a single game, and there are over 500 at this point, I'll never complete the Pokedex, so I do eventually get bored.  There really is a rich metagame, that usually gives me 100 hours of entertainment, but again, I enjoy the kind of grind that is the Pokemon metagame. I remember hatching somewhere around 800 Charmander eggs in Pokemon X looking for a shiny with a good nature just because I wanted a black Charizard.

Loading ...