Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Naxi's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Naxi's Contact & Social Linksoheyitsmewhat
I was thinking about making the first 1:1 remake of this map but I wonder how people would respond to another nacht even if its 1:1

I personally don't think another Nacht Remaster is necessary. The only reason I started my own, is because I've yet to see a decent Nacht remake. You could do a re-imagining of Nacht, but I feel like another remaster after the one I'm currently working on would just be a waste of time.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 18 March 2015
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Naxi's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
UPDATE: 5/8/17
So.. right now, I'm debating whether or not I should finish this map.

This trailer has just been announced:

and Nacht was definitely shown in that trailer.
It also came to my attention that someone made a solid Verruckt remaster not too long ago, and I honestly feel really bad for him, since Verruckt looks to be returning as well.

The thing is, my goal was to remaster Nacht der Untoten, and make it close to the original as possible. I was doing it myself, because I didn't think Treyarch would, and I was also doing it because I hadn't seen any promising Nacht remakes, and I wanted to make it right.

With this trailer reveal, I can officially confirm that I lost hope in remaking Nacht in BOIII. However, that doesn't mean I won't be down to make a reimagined version or a new zombies map.

I've created this poll to get votes on which direction I could go from here on. Please let me know what YOU guys think:
http://www.strawpoll.me/12930597
Date Registered: 16 October 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
ApacheHavoc's Groups
ApacheHavoc's Contact & Social Links
Yeah that's unfortunate man. All I know is that mappers are getting screwed over by the remasters. The maps that aren't being remastered by Treyarch are your best bet. Call of the Dead, Tranzit, Five, Die Rise, Buried, Nuketown and Mob of the Dead (Although another mapper is working on it).
Date Registered: 23 November 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombie Slayer Elite
Gabrielle's Groups
Gabrielle's Contact & Social LinksTutorialZoneNL
Yeah that's unfortunate man. All I know is that mappers are getting screwed over by the remasters. The maps that aren't being remastered by Treyarch are your best bet. Call of the Dead, Tranzit, Five, Die Rise, Buried, Nuketown and Mob of the Dead (Although another mapper is working on it).

Wait....
Somebody is working on a MOTD remaster? I mean, I don't get why that isn't remastered by Treyarch, it was one of the best maps ever!
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Wait....
Somebody is working on a MOTD remaster? I mean, I don't get why that isn't remastered by Treyarch, it was one of the best maps ever!
Jason Blundell said that 1) he didn't think it fit the theme... and 2) MOTD has another purpose down the line
Date Registered: 18 March 2015
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Naxi's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Jason Blundell said that 1) he didn't think it fit the theme... and 2) MOTD has another purpose down the line

Jason's right. MOTD wouldn't really fit in a pack revolving around the 4 main casts, although I'd definitely love to see a remaster of MOTD. I've seen two WIPs, and ehh they look alright. One of them had lazy lighting, but maybe that is fixed by now (dunno). But yeah! Definitely a lot of zombie maps that could still be remastered.

I've been thinking hard about whether I want to re-imagine Nacht, or go with a new map.
I have a really amazing idea for a custom map that I'd love to begin, but it will be a while before a WIP is even showcased on UGX Mods.

Loading ...