Date Registered: 11 December 2016
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
r00ster's Groups
r00ster's Contact & Social Links
    As the curtain closes on the theatre of war, you find yourself separated from your unit in the shadowy woodlands outside of Berchtesgaden.  The town, eerily deserted, made you uneasy, but you decided not to abandon your mission. You tracked down the german outpost, codename Armsfactory, deep in the heart of the alpine forest.  You felt your blood run cold as among the ruins of the apparently abandoned building, you discover notes of ritualistic experiments.  There are signs of struggle amongst the ruin, and hints of something decidedly...inhuman.  The setting sun gives you just enough time to block the windows as shambling silhouettes begin to appear from between the trees…

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
    Media Fire:
    Google Drive:

Berchtesgaden (Armsfactory) consists of one zombies level: ArmsFactory.  The level starts you off in a confined space, limited to a few rooms.  Survive the initial onslaught and you can open additional chambers, accessing much needed firepower and perks.  This level’s gameplay is quite challenging (in my estimation) and it revolves around navigating close corridors and using the holes in the crumbling walls for visibility as well as a means to attack enemies before they reach you. 

This map includes:

• 2 zones and multiple rooms connected by hallways and passages formed from holes in the walls
    • Multiple wall weapons:
      Spoiler: click to open...
      • Kar98K
      • M1897 Trench Gun
      • PPSH41
      • MP40
      • M1 Carbine
    • Exploding barrels
    • Perks:
      Spoiler: click to open...
      • Juggernog
      • Speed Cola
      • Double Tap Root Beer
    • Risers

UPDATE 1/28/17 v1.1
    -Added Zombie Dog spawners to fix empty dog rounds.

[/list]
    Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:39:28 am by r00ster
    broken avatar :(
    Date Registered: 13 August 2016
    Last active: 4 years ago
    Respect
    Forum Rank
    Legless Crawler
    Primary Group
    Jewbacca71's Groups
    Jewbacca71's Contact & Social Links
    love the old school vibe! cant wait to try it out!
    Respect
    Forum Rank
    Legless Crawler
    Primary Group
    r00ster's Groups
    love the old school vibe! cant wait to try it out!

Thanks! Let me know what you think :D
    Date Registered: 25 March 2015
    Respect
    Forum Rank
    Legless Crawler
    Primary Group
    My Contact & Social Links
    More
    Personal Quote
    Pull the trigger and turn the world to dust!
    Signature
    "Short, Controlled Bursts. Unless someone's trying to eat you. Then hold that trigger 'till it goes click!"
    Right...think I might have encountered a bug. Like, the Dog round happens as normal...but the dog's don't spawn. It could have been a one-time thing, but I dunno.

Apart from that, it's an alright map. Not really a fan of these uber-classic challange maps with WaW weapons, no Box and no Pack-a-Punch, and I'm certainly not a fan of small cramped maps with no space to really run to, so I can't really critique the map as is. That said, I do like the amount of detail that's gone into it, plus the fact we're actually getting another WaW custom map. Most people have moved on BO3 nowadays...

Oh yes, and the door to the MP40 and the M1 Carbine is sort of pointless considering you can buy the PPSh-41 in the second room.
    Respect
    Forum Rank
    Legless Crawler
    Primary Group
    r00ster's Groups
    Right...think I might have encountered a bug. Like, the Dog round happens as normal...but the dog's don't spawn. It could have been a one-time thing, but I dunno.

Apart from that, it's an alright map. Not really a fan of these uber-classic challange maps with WaW weapons, no Box and no Pack-a-Punch, and I'm certainly not a fan of small cramped maps with no space to really run to, so I can't really critique the map as is. That said, I do like the amount of detail that's gone into it, plus the fact we're actually getting another WaW custom map. Most people have moved on BO3 nowadays...

Oh yes, and the door to the MP40 and the M1 Carbine is sort of pointless considering you can buy the PPSh-41 in the second room.

Thanks for the feedback!  I noticed that a lot of the custom maps seemed to have a lot of open space and I decided to go in a different direction.  I find that the confined spaces in some zombies maps helps create a feeling of unease and I like that atomosphere, but I can see how it wouldn't appeal to everyone.

Could you explain a little more what you mean by "the dog round happens as normal"?  I didn't include dog spawners so I am surprised it triggers.  Or do you mean that in the round where you expect dogs it just spawns zombies as normal?

Also "the door to the MP40 and the M1 Carbine" , do you view that as pointless because of how strong the PPSh-41 is?

Cheers
    Date Registered: 18 February 2015
    Last active: 2 years ago
    Respect
    Forum Rank
    Rotting Walker
    Primary Group
    More
    nice map
    Date Registered: 24 September 2016
    Last active: 3 years ago
    Respect
    Forum Rank
    Rotting Walker
    Primary Group
    More
    Personal Quote
    Speedrun to buyable ending kkona
    xTrain's Groups
    xTrain's Contact & Social Linksjyuuzzeuphoriaa
    This map is pretty lit <3
    Remington R5
    Date Registered: 18 January 2015
    Last active: 3 years ago
    Respect
    Forum Rank
    Zombie Enslaver
    Primary Group
    Donator ♥
    My Groups
    More
    More
    Personal Quote
    paypal.me/RT275
    Signature
    paypal.me/RT275
    Rorke's Groups
    Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
    Rorke's Contact & Social Linkshickle.meddowsandrewshaworiginal_rorkewormnation
    you might of not put in dog spawners but if you dont dissable the dog round via script it will still trigger the dog round but no dogs will spawn
    Date Registered: 20 June 2014
    Respect
    Forum Rank
    Legless Crawler
    Primary Group
    Donator ♥
    My Groups
    More
    More
    for0034's Groups
    Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
    for0034's Contact & Social LinksFor0034
    It's good to see another map for WaW, considering a lot of people probably don't or can't play BO3.
    True Blue Elite
    Date Registered: 29 March 2014
    Last active: 9 days ago
    Respect
    Forum Rank
    King of the Zombies
    Primary Group
    Custom Map Reviewer
    My Groups
    More
    More
    Personal Quote
    'Straya Mate
    Signature
    Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
    JiffyNoodles's Groups
    Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
    Oil Rig Beta Access
    Oil Rig Beta Access
    It's good to see another map for WaW, considering a lot of people probably don't or can't play BO3.
    It may be a map, but it's definitely not that great (me and a friend had a play, and yeah, there's almost nothing to do).
    Date Registered: 20 June 2014
    Respect
    Forum Rank
    Legless Crawler
    Primary Group
    Donator ♥
    My Groups
    More
    More
    for0034's Groups
    for0034's Contact & Social LinksFor0034
    Also, there is a few spots in the map that you can jump into (the zombies can still get you). But where the concrete is leaning against a wall next to the Kar-98, you can prone in front of it and crawl behind and you'll be invincible. You can't shoot anything though and you get fucked as soon as you try to get out of it.
    Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 09:25:43 am by for0034
    Respect
    Forum Rank
    Legless Crawler
    Primary Group
    r00ster's Groups
    you might of not put in dog spawners but if you dont dissable the dog round via script it will still trigger the dog round but no dogs will spawn

Good point! I discovered that as well, I've updated the map with dog spawners now and updated both the files and post with version 1.1.

Double Post Merge: January 29, 2017, 07:43:41 am
    It may be a map, but it's definitely not that great (me and a friend had a play, and yeah, there's almost nothing to do).

Thanks for the feedback!  For this map, I wanted to keep it simple and focus on different lines of sight in a constrained space. But, I only playtested it by myself so I can see how with two players it might feel overly simple.  In the next map I make I plan on increasing the scope of things so that if there are multiple players they will have more content available if they choose.   It will probably be for BOIII however, as I want to teach myself that tool next :) (also it is nicer to use, ha ha).
    Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:44:34 am by r00ster

Loading ...