More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Abnormal202
Signature
-Abnormal202
qwerty195's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Hey I was wondering how exactly the spawners work in Black ops 3 and how I can make it so a player uses a trigger that causes a lot of zombies to spawn. I was able to do this back in WaW by placing zombie spawners that would spawn one zombie and turning them on through script. You don't use spawners in Black Ops 3 though (except for placing one in the map), as everything is done through script_struct risers. Does anyone know how these spawners work, and how they can be triggered through script?
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
You can still spawn in a zombie at will, spawn_zombie in zombie_utility.gsc, where you want, from a spawner, moving the zombie to the point you want them to spawn at, using ForceTeleport like you'll find in the scripts. Increasing the zombie total var and so on will prevent it from counting towards the normal spawned zombie count.
Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 06:44:07 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 10 June 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Abnormal202
qwerty195's Groups
You can still spawn in a zombie at will, spawn_zombie in zombie_utility.gsc, where you want, from a spawner, moving the zombie to the point you want them to spawn at
So I found the function you were talking about in zombie_utility, that looks like:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
function spawn_zombie( spawner , target_name , spawn_point , round_number)
My question is, when I execute the function in code what do I put for "spawner" and "spawn_point"? "target_name" seems to be the targetname of the given spawner, but what do I put for the others? Also I assume I don't need to include round number for this function to work cause of:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
if(IsDefined(spawn_point) && IsDefined(level.move_spawn_func))
{
guy thread [[level.move_spawn_func]](spawn_point);
}
Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 11:08:40 pm by qwerty195
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
All you need to spawn a zombie is to get the spawner and then ai = spawn_zombie(spawner); target_name simply asigns the targetname if it is defined. spawn_point, if defined will run the pointer function in level.move_spawn_func, which is move_zombie_spawn_location, and spawn_point should be a struct. I haven't seen the point in round_number or _starting_round_number which it is assigned as.

ofc, if you just use ai = spawn_zombie(spawner); you may need to do other things manually on ai such as forceteleport to where you want, so maybe try ai = spawn_zombie(spawner, spawner.targetname,spot); Make spot a struct, either by spawn or get it in your map somewhere. You can even just try spot = array::random( level.zm_loc_types[ "zombie_location" ] );
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
theres nothing "different" about how bo3 does things...

waw also used riser structs - they both require at least one spawner to work

if you want multiple spawning zombies that are not rising - then you copy paste the spawner

Loading ...