UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Zombie Management Questions. Despawning and Islands.

broken avatar :(
Created 7 years ago
by Beceris
Date Registered: 27 January 2017
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Beceris's Groups
Beceris's Contact & Social Links
Hi, so I'm working on a map and am having a few problems my Zombies that I'm not sure how to address.

1. Distance Based Despawning
So I have a fairly large map, and the player and quickly get a few rooms away from where they were and get very far away from the zombie horde. Sometimes it takes the zombies a very long time to catch up to the player... like minutes. I'd like for the zombies to despawn and then respawn near the player when they find themselves very far away. I noticed that they sometimes will do this eventually over a long period of time, but again it takes minutes. I'm thinking that there's a setting somewhere I can edit but I can't find it.

2. Islands
So in my map, there are separate areas with no land route between them. The player has to use teleporters to get between them, sorta like Revelations. Island A, where the player starts, is totally fine, but once they teleport to Island B, a few problems arise. The first being that all Zombies on Island A do not despawn for a very long time leaving Island B barren. This is sort of just my first issue again, I feel like the zombies are supposed to realize they can't reach me and just respawn. The other issue on Island B is that once they finally spawn, they don't move at all. They'll attack me if I stand next to them but they refuse to move. I've tried making a long bridge between the islands and that actually caused them to start moving again, but I don't actually want that bridge there in the level. I feel like I just have to set the zone up differently somehow but I'm stuck as to what that might be.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time!

Double Post Merge: February 11, 2017, 06:40:16 pm
Hi again, just updating with a few solutions I have tried for problem 2 concerning pathfinding on Island B.

I tried encompassing Island B in a nav_volume. This made no difference. I didn't having anything in the targetname KVP, although I'm not aware of any values I could assign that would do anything.

I endded up finding a work around for pathfinding on Island B,  although I find it a little preposterous. I used the bridge again but I made the whole thing into Monster Clip so it's invisible but still there. I then added an electric door assigned to a zone so it will never activate. This make it so zombies will walk in both areas, but they will never use the bridge to get from one area to the next. While I'm on Island B, zombies on Island A will just stand there for a minute or two until they respawn or I teleport back. I feel like there has to be a more elegant solution to non-contiguous spaces but this will work as a place holder in the mean time.

I haven't been able to think of / find any solutions to make the zombies despawn/ respawn quicker though.
Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 06:40:16 pm by Beceris

Loading ...