Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Personal Quote
It's going to rain like matrix FX
Signature
Silly Rabbits, Easter-Eggs aren't just for games.

Hint; edit,copy text,past into a .html read, repair and enjoy
coder203's Groups
coder203's Contact & Social Links
so i can't make newer lights in my map. I also can't copy a working one, the copies wont work. everything was fine tell i was starting to add more lights an didn't like what i had, so i selected them an backspaced. well now i can make new ones. what could have i messed up?

tried to upload some screens, but after the 10th failure i gave up. lol so let me know how else i can pass some kvp info over with out having to write them all down?

Double Post Merge: March 19, 2017, 09:48:10 pm
an update to my situation, I can make new lights, an they work. I can not make them a Primary/spot like by targeting a reflection prob. i already have a few copies of the original that work. but i can not make new or copy the working to make another. have i exceeded a limit of some sort or what?
Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 09:48:10 pm by coder203
Marked as best answer by coder203 7 years ago
broken avatar :(
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 9 August 2013
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
codmoddd1234's Groups
codmoddd1234's Contact & Social Links
Lights target "info_null" ( right click in radiant).
Reflection probes take 6 images each when compiling and they are used in the reflections the player views ingame in models like mirrors and water ect. They also are used for the image the player views in a weapons scope reflection.

There is a prefab full of lights and info nulls and reflection probes in the map_ source/_prefabs folder. Its good for seeing how they use spotlights and regular lights with lamps ect.

I think the limits are 32 or 64 dynamic lights. Lots of regular lights. 32 or 64 reflection probes. Each probe adds an image to your map.
Press "f" in radiant and check to be sure you didnt hide the light category.

Loading ...