Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Personal Quote
It's going to rain like matrix FX
Signature
Silly Rabbits, Easter-Eggs aren't just for games.

Hint; edit,copy text,past into a .html read, repair and enjoy
coder203's Groups
coder203's Contact & Social Links
so I'm having this compile error after 46% of light grid compiling.
"Small hunk ran out of memory attempting to alloc 24 bytes"
I've searched it up not much out there about it. everything is pointing to my PC's system memory, witch I'm doubting cause I have 1.4Gb used out of 8Gb  of ram during compile. i only have 3 background apps running, witch i have killed their processes an still getting this error. last night I made noose rope for a detail model, an added some more hellhound spawn points, haven't messed with any lights. so why the light grid? my noose has lots of parts, and is horrible-ish as its my first model like object i've made. if that's the issue is their a prefab of one? also i have a few other questions.
#1 how could i select a large amount of items at once? non of the selecting options do anything when i try to use?

#2 how should i go about making a damage trigger for a door, tuts haven't exampled it. and tired of list-filtering through video with annoying guys rambling an not being on spot on what they are doing.

#3 How to make a D2 material for a background image? can't seam to find a tut thats focused on converting image rather then installing it. way i see it, make image, then install to mod. only finding install to mod BTW you need to make it a 2d material first.. I'm wtf that's mean... lol

#4 I've also made a zombie trap with zombies linked to a Multi_trigger, they spawn right, but they dont attack. just stand there like they have no goal, or path nodes(witch are in place).
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
respect the dead

donates greatly appreciated :) paypal.me/F3ARxReaper666
discord server:
https://discord.gg/tsGHW99
death_reaper0's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
did you actually try closing other programs? maybe even a computer restart?

also

1. if you select one entity in the map you can go selection>targetname to select everything with the selecteds targetname, or selection>classname to get all with the selecteds classname

2 just make the trigger use a trigger damage, everything else is the same im pretty sure

3 ...

4 when they spawn are you setting them to find flesh? otherwise they will look for a window to destroy
Date Registered: 27 February 2017
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Personal Quote
coder203's Groups
thank you so much for response,
main #1 yes have restarted, yes i have closed all programs out of the only 3, rest are system processes. I'm vary computer savy, and am sure this error is being caused by something other then my ram. compiling only consumes about 50% or less processing power, and about .20Gb of ram. Have LOTS of unused memory.
// edit: yup it was the noose, took a bit to select all 128 parts of my rope to delete it, had to make a box over it and select touching to select it all. but that was my problem... :) so now need to find a way to make a prop look like he hanging dead.
buut its compiling like before now.

A 1 select targetname don't do anything... like all the other options. broken radiant?

A 2 it is a dmg trigger, can't seam to get it to work tho.

A 3 probably not, how would i do that? kvp I'm assuming.
Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 08:35:28 pm by coder203
Date Registered: 9 August 2013
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
codmoddd1234's Groups
codmoddd1234's Contact & Social Links
//To select by kvp
Select item. Press n. Click the kvp. Click radiant window. Ctrl shift f.
Once you have everything selected you can press edit select connected to get info nulls or trigger targets ect.
Or click its classname and press select by classname.

All those menu select by type options work but most need the kvp selected first.
Date Registered: 27 February 2017
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Personal Quote
coder203's Groups