Date Registered: 4 January 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Ishooturfaces's Groups
Ishooturfaces's Contact & Social Links
This maybe a newb question....but is there anyway to access and modify a custom map of my own design from two separate computers in the same house on same network through steam or radiant. Essentially want to build a custom map with a buddy on two separate computers.

Thanks in advance
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Well your not going to access it at the same time, so you could just pass it back and forth. You don't need steam running to use radiant. You can actually open the launcher without opening steam. You just can't run the map.

With that being said you have to decide if you want to pass the map back and forth and each of you create the same setup on your pcs, or use one of the pcs and remote into it... which prob wouldn't be good idea.

Personally I would do the same thing I do when people are 1000s of miles away. Each make the same new map. Setup the main map in a fashion where you both have your own prefab within the map and try to stay away from each other and communicate. Make sure all your files match to start. Pass your prefab to them, and get theirs occasionally as you develop more and more. Some one should be in charge of meshing it all together.

Edit: dont reinsert the prefab, just saving over it with the update one will update your main map and with f9, you can see it all come together even when working your own prefab.

Some suggest using layers, if that works better for you.
Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:26:33 pm by MakeCents
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Ishooturfaces's Groups
Tank you for the response...is there anyway to forward a map I have already been working on so they would already have a copy...or would we just have to start fresh
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Tank you for the response...is there anyway to forward a map I have already been working on so they would already have a copy...or would we just have to start fresh

Sure, you can just send it to him. It should just work if you send him the usermaps/mapname folder and the map_source/zm/mapname.map file.

If for some reason that doesn't work, just have them make a map with the same name, then copy your files in.

If there are any custom sa files or models, you can use my packer tool to collect them and send them too.
Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 12:41:55 pm by MakeCents
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Ishooturfaces's Groups
Got it....thank bro🖒
Date Registered: 6 May 2017
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Signature
VerK0's Groups
You could try using dropbox with the .map file. It's what I used to work on a map together with someone else for Counter-Strike, not sure if it'll work with Radiant however.
Marked as best answer by Ishooturfaces 7 years ago
Date Registered: 16 October 2016
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Vans's Groups
Vans's Contact & Social Links
Or simply use Google Drive. Create a shared folder. Download Google Drive on both computers and login with the same account and just make a mklink /j in the map folder to the Google Drive shared folder location.

Loading ...