Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Just hit me up on skype with the list of missing tooltips ;)
I'll post it here so that anyone can have the opportunity to help :)

<list moved to first post>
broken avatar :(
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Code Snippet
Plaintext
createTooltip("fireRumble","Rumble file to use when weapon is firing. No effect on PC.");
createTooltip("meleeImpactRumble","Rumble file that is used when player is meleeing and he hit something. No effect on PC.");
Thats all I can write up for now
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Code Snippet
Plaintext
createTooltip("fireRumble","Rumble file to use when weapon is firing. No effect on PC.");
createTooltip("meleeImpactRumble","Rumble file that is used when player is meleeing and he hit something. No effect on PC.");
Thats all I can write up for now
Added and removed from the list. List moved to first post.

Thanks
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I just noticed the tab indexes are not in the correct order in some places - so if you try to tab through the boxes its not going to always behave as expected - I will fix this in the next update.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
v0.9.5 has been released. Download link updated.

Changelog:
 - Added 'Advanced Mode' which allows you to edit add any setting to a weaponfile. The WaW engine sometimes allows unusual settings from one weaponClass to be used on another, even if not shown in Asset Manager. This also allows you to convert a weapon to a different weaponClass because you can add the needed additional settings.
 - Added 'Magazine' as an ammoClipType on the HUD tab.
 - Added 'rifle_grenade' as an impactType on the Basics tab.
 - Added "Are you sure?" confirmation message when trying to close the program with unsaved changes.
 - Added some user-submitted tooltips to the program.
 - Fixed some incorrectly-ordered tab indexes - you can use tab to navigate through all the settings now.
 - Added support for custom playerAnimTypes (tutorial soon)
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Been waiting for that Advanced Mode, thanks trem! ;)
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Been waiting for that Advanced Mode, thanks trem! ;)
Glad you like the feature - let me know if you run into any trouble with it :D

For everyone: The tooltip list is still valid in the first post, if anyone could please help get some of these tooltips written it would be greatly appreciated.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Alright, since no one is jumping at the opportunity to do menial labor (big surprise :lol: ), here's some $$ incentive...

So currently there's about 200 (edit: 143 edit: 94) tooltips which are "missing":

Code Snippet
Plaintext
offhandClassT has no tooltip!
adsOverlayInterfaceT has no tooltip!
adsOverlayHeightT has no tooltip!
adsOverlayWidthT has no tooltip!
dpadIconRatioT has no tooltip!
ammoCounterIconT has no tooltip!
dpadIconT has no tooltip!
breakdownAnimT has no tooltip!
emptyDropAnimT has no tooltip!
altSwitchSoundPlayerT has no tooltip!
altSwitchSoundT has no tooltip!
crackSoundT has no tooltip!
modeIconRatioT has no tooltip!
modeIconT has no tooltip!
noteTrackSoundDT has no tooltip!
noteTrackSoundCT has no tooltip!
noteTrackSoundBT has no tooltip!
noteTrackSoundAT has no tooltip!
wideKillIconC has no tooltip!
wideListIconC has no tooltip!
damageIntervalT has no tooltip!
damageDurationT has no tooltip!
sharedAmmoCapNameT has no tooltip!
explosionRadiusMinT has no tooltip!
cookOffHoldC has no tooltip!
detonateSoundPlayerT has no tooltip!
detonateSoundT has no tooltip!
pullbackSoundPlayerT has no tooltip!
pullbackSoundT has no tooltip!
sharedAmmoCapT has no tooltip!
holdFireTimeT has no tooltip!
detonateAnimT has no tooltip!
holdFireAnimT has no tooltip!
rotateC has no tooltip!
hasDetonatorC has no tooltip!
tagFlash_preparationEffectT has no tooltip!
tagFx_preparationEffectT has no tooltip!
projExplosionEffectForceNormalUpC has no tooltip!
projectileActivateDistT has no tooltip!
projectileSpeedForwardT has no tooltip!
projectileSpeedUpT has no tooltip!
damageConeAngleT has no tooltip!
noDropsOrRaisesC has no tooltip!
panel1 has no tooltip!
maxSteeringAccelT has no tooltip!
adsZoomGunFovT has no tooltip!
reloadShowRocketTimeT has no tooltip!
isHandModelOverridableC has no tooltip!
projDudSoundT has no tooltip!
projDudEffectT has no tooltip!
projectileLifetimeT has no tooltip!
guidedMissileTypeT has no tooltip!
clipOnlyC has no tooltip!
destabilizeDistanceT has no tooltip!
destabilizationCurvatureMaxT has no tooltip!
destabilizationRateTimeT has no tooltip!
projectileDLightT has no tooltip!
projectileRedT has no tooltip!
projectileGreenT has no tooltip!
projectileBlueT has no tooltip!
projIgnitionDelayT has no tooltip!
projIgnitionEffectT has no tooltip!
projIgnitionSoundT has no tooltip!
projectileSoundT has no tooltip!
aimPaddingT has no tooltip!
dropHintStringT has no tooltip!
playerPositionDistT has no tooltip!
rotateLoopSoundPlayerT has no tooltip!
rotateLoopSoundT has no tooltip!
stopFireSoundPlayerT has no tooltip!
stopFireSoundT has no tooltip!
loopFireSoundPlayerT has no tooltip!
loopFireSoundT has no tooltip!
minPlayerDamageT has no tooltip!
scriptT has no tooltip!
vertViewJitterT has no tooltip!
horizViewJitterT has no tooltip!
suppressionTimeT has no tooltip!
yawConvergenceTimeT has no tooltip!
pitchConvergenceTimeT has no tooltip!
maxVertTurnSpeedT has no tooltip!
maxHorTurnSpeedT has no tooltip!
minVertTurnSpeedT has no tooltip!
minHorTurnSpeedT has no tooltip!
animHorRotateIncT has no tooltip!
playerSpreadT has no tooltip!
aiSpreadT has no tooltip!
accuracyT has no tooltip!
grabarcT has no tooltip!
bottomArcT has no tooltip!
rightArcT has no tooltip!
topArcT has no tooltip!
leftArcT has no tooltip!
stanceT has no tooltip!

I am willing to pay someone (or more than one person if you can work something out amongst yourselves) $0.05 USD out of my pocket per submitted toolTip. You can't submit one that someone else has already submitted in the mean time, and you MUST write an actual DESCRIPTION of the weapon setting which is ACCURATE and COMPLETE.

I don't want a tooltip for hudIcon which says "HUD Icon for weapon". I want "Material name which is displayed on the player's HUD while the weapon is equipped."
If you can't write correct English, please don't submit tooltips to me because I will only pay for toolTips which are worth using.

So if someone wants to do all 200 tips, that's $10 USD in your PayPal account. Don't bother submitting less than 20-40 tips in total, otherwise PayPal transfer fees will eat up what little money you are paid. If you don't have PayPal I will gift you a Steam game which is equal to or less than (but close to) what you are owed.

I don't have the personal time or attention span to sit here and write all these tooltips, and it's worth $10 to me to get it done.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
I'll help when i get back home. Most likely won't get to all 200. lol
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Code Snippet
Plaintext
createTooltip("playerDamageT","The amount of damage that is dealt to player when he is hit by AI with this weapon.");
createTooltip("deployAnimT","The animation that is played when player deploys a weapon");
createTooltip("adsDownAnimT","The animation that tells the game where to move the viewmodel when you go out of ADS");
createTooltip("idleAnimT","The animation that is played when the weapon is idle");
createTooltip("lastShotAnimT","The animation that is played when the player shoots the last bullet in the clip");
createTooltip("adsDownAnimT","The animation that tells the game where to move the viewmodel when you go in ADS");
createTooltip("nightVisionRemoveAnimT","The animation that is played when player takes off nightvision. No effect in CoD4 MP and CoD:WaW.");
createTooltip("nightVisionWearAnimT","The animation that is played when player put on nightvision. No effect in CoD4 MP and CoD:WaW.");
createTooltip("rechamberAnimT","The animation that is played when the gun is being rechambered");
createTooltip("adsFireAnimT","The animation that is played when player fires the gun while ADSing. It's possible to use the same animation as for normal fire");
createTooltip("meleeAnimT","The animation that is played when player melees while holding this weapon");
createTooltip("meleeChargeAnimT","The animation that is played when player melees an AI");
createTooltip("sprintOutAnimT","The animation that is played when player goes out from sprinting state");
createTooltip("sprintLoopAnimT","The animation that is played when player is sprinting");
createTooltip("sprintInAnimT","The animation that is played when player goes into sprinting state");
createTooltip("reloadAnimT","The animation that is played when player reloads the weapon while the clip is not empty");
createTooltip("reloadEmptyT","The animation that is played when player reloads the weapon after he emptied the weapon clip");
createTooltip("adsDofEndT","The end of viewmodel Depth of Field when player is ADSing");
createTooltip("adsDofStartT","The start of viewmodel Depth of Field when player is ADSing");
createTooltip("firstRaiseAnimT","The animation that is played when the player is given the gun");
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
@Ray1235 All accepted - $1 USD so far, and those tooltips are now claimed. Anyone else who submits these tooltips a second time will be ignored.
Date Registered: 21 December 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Signature
The sound of God is the screech of tires, lights and magnets, bolts and wires. Strayed from the road, this very one, still to come. The sound of tires is the sound of God, the electric version.
mrpeanut188's Groups
mrpeanut188's Contact & Social Linksmrpeanut1881337p34nutmrpeanut188
These are re-words of Ray's, if he is fine with them. Rights and $ still go to him.
Code Snippet
Plaintext
createTooltip("playerDamageT","Damage dealt to any player when shot with this weapon.");
createTooltip("deployAnimT","View-model animation played when player deploys a weapon.");
createTooltip("adsDownAnimT","View-model transition animation from ADS to hip view.");
createTooltip("rechamberAnimT","View-model animation to play while rechambering the weapon.");
createTooltip("adsFireAnimT","View-model firing animation, while ADS.");
createTooltip("sprintInAnimT","View-model transition animation blending the idle hip animation to the sprint looping animation.");
createTooltip("sprintLoopAnimT","View-model looping animation while sprinting.");
createTooltip("sprintOutAnimT","View-model transition animation blending the sprint loop back to the idle hip animation.");
createTooltip("","")

Edit: Made some of my own, 1st batch.
Code Snippet
Plaintext
createTooltip("killIconT","HUD Icon used in Multiplayer's Combat Log to denote what gun the player was killed with.");
createTooltip("pickupSoundPlayerT","Sound to play on weapon pickup by player. Default: weap_pickup_plr");
createTooltip("pickupSoundT","Sound to play on weapon pickup. Default: weap_pickup");
createTooltip("ammoPickupSoundPlayerT","Sound to play on ammo pickup by player. Default: ammo_pickup_plr");
createTooltip("ammoPickupSoundT"","Sound to play on ammo pickup. Default: ammo_pickup");
createTooltip("whizbySoundT","Sound to play when bullets come close to the player but miss.");
createTooltip("vertTurnSpeedT","Adjusts the speed of which you can look vertically with this weapon equipped.");
createTooltip("horTurnSpeedT","Adjusts the speed of which you can look horizontally with this weapon equipped.");
createTooltip("putawaySoundPlayerT","Sound to play when holstering the weapon by player. Default: weap_putaway_plr");
createTooltip("putawaySoundT","Sound to play when holstering the weapon. Default: weap_putaway");
createTooltip("firstRaiseSoundPlayerT","Sound to play when equipping the weapon for the first time by the player. Should match the typical raiseSound unless you are making a custom firstRaise.");
createTooltip("firstRaiseSoundT","Sound to play when equipping the weapon for the first time. Should match the typical raiseSound unless you are making a custom firstRaise.");
createTooltip("overheatSoundPlayer","Sound to play when the gun is continually shot and overheated by the player. Used for turret-typed weapons.");
createTooltip("overheatSound","Sound to play when the gun is continually shot overheated. Used for turret-typed weapons.");
createTooltip("flameCooldownSoundPlayerT","Sound to play after the weapon is no longer being fired by the player, and the weapons starts to cool-down.")
createTooltip("flameCooldownSoundT","Sound to play after the weapon is no longer being fired, and the weapons starts to cool-down.")
createTooltip("flameOnLoopSoundPlayerT","Sound to play while the weapon is being fired by the player and continues to play until the player is no longer being firing.")
createTooltip("flameOnLoopSoundT","Sound to play while the weapon is being fired and continues to play until the weapon is no longer being fired.")
createTooltip("flameIgniteSoundPlayerT","Sound to play when the weapon is fired by the player but only plays for the first 'shot' until the weapon stops firing.")
createTooltip("flameIgniteSoundT","Sound to play when the weapon is fired but only plays for the first 'shot' until the weapon stops firing.")
createTooltip("flameOffLoopSoundPlayerT","Idle loop-sound to play for the player when the weapon is not being fired.")
createTooltip("flameOffLoopSoundT","Idle loop-sound to play when the weapon is not being fired.")
createTooltip("cooldownRateT","How fast the gun cools down when the weapon is idle and not being fired.")
createTooltip("overheatRateT","How fast the gun heats up when the weapon is being fired until it overheats.")
createTooltip("overheatWeaponC","Whether this gas-weapon can over-heat or can continually fire without penalty.")
createTooltip("unlimitedAmmoC","Whether this gas-weapon has infinite ammo. Usually used in coordination with OverheatWeapon to limit the weapon's capabilites.")
createTooltip("projectileModelT","Model of the projectile 'fired' from a grenade-type weapon.")
createTooltip("rocketModelT","Model of the projectile 'fired' from a projectile-type weapon.")
createTooltip("holdButtonToThrowC","Whether you need to press or hold the fire button to shoot a grenade-type weapon.")
createTooltip("canUseInVehicle","Whether or not you can equip and fire this weapon while in a vehicle.")

Also, don't know why, my edit didn't save, but when I clicked on the modify button it showed my edited post? I think I clicked preview instead of save.
Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 11:44:03 pm by mrpeanut188
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Here are mine. I wasn't sure about some things like the "TwoHanded' setting. I assume its an animation thing so thats what i put.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
createTooltip("twoHandedC","The setting for if this weapon uses a Two-Handed animation.");
createtooltip("ammoCounterClipT", "The amount of ammunition that this weapon will have in a 'clip'.");
createtooltip("ammoCounterIconRatio", "The ratio in which the ammo counter icon will be displayed.");
createtooltip("aiVsPlayerAccuracyGraphT", "The accuracy file used to determine how 'accurate' an AI is VS the players.");
createtooltip("playerDamageT", The amount of damage per bullet this weapon does to the player(s).");
createtooltip("suppressAmmoReserveDisplayC", "The option to 'suppress' or 'hide' the reserved ammo counter on this weapon.");
createtooltip("deployAnimT", "The xanim file that will play when this weapon is 'deployed'.");
createtooltip("adsDownAnimT", "The xanim file that will play when a player 'Aims down sights'. If ADS is disabled, this has no affect");
createtooltip("overheatEndValT", "The value for how long a turret weapon can be fired before needing to 'cool down'.");
createtooltip("cooldownRateT", "The rate, in seconds, a turret weapon will 'cool down' from being fired.");
createtooltip("overheatRateT", "The rate, in seconds, a turret weapon will 'heat up' after being fired.");
createtooltip("coolWhileFiringC", "The setting for wether the weapon will 'cool' while firing. If the 'overheat' setting is set higher than the 'cooldown' this setting will not take affect.");
createtooltip("unlimitedAmmoC", "sets wether this weapon has 'unlimited ammo'.");
createtooltip("detonateTimeT", "The time, in seconds, that an grenade explosive will 'explode' after throwing it.");
createtooltip("projTrailEffectT", "The FX file that will play when a projectile weapon is fired, and will follow the projectile as it moves.");
createtooltip("projectileModelT", "The xmodel file that will launch from a weapon.");
createtooltip("requireLockonToFireC", "The option for requiring a projectile weapon to lock-on to a target before firing. Does not affect World at War.");
createtooltip("useHintStringT", "The 'hintstring' to display when a player gets within range to pick this weapon off of the ground.");
createtooltip("maxRangeT", "The Maximum effective range for this weapon. Once a bullet goes past this range, it will do no damage.");
createtooltip("semiAutoC", "The option for setting for if this weapon will use the '3-round burst' fire mode.");
Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 10:54:35 pm by daedra descent
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
@mrpeanut188: Had to make some small corrections to some of the settings but otherwise it's all good - 30/30 accepted, $1.50 USD so far.

@daedra descent: Out of the 20 submitted, 7 are ignored because they were submitted earlier today and accepted. 'semiAutoC' is wrong - if you are unsure of the context of a setting, figure out what page it's on in the WeaponsEditor by using the Search Box. semiAuto is for gasWeapons, and it controls their firing mode between continuous fire and semi-auto fire. 'ammoCounterClip' is for the HUD, and it controls which clip image is used to represent the bullets drawn on the player's ammo HUD. 11/20 accepted, $0.55 USD so far.

Updated all instances of the tooltip list, 143 remaining.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Any more toolTips today?

Loading ...