Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
WeaponsEditor++ v1.0.0

WeaponsEditor++ is a major UI and usability improvement over Asset Manager's weapon-editing capabilities. It works completely independently from Asset Manager and reads raw weaponFiles directly instead of using GDTs. The development of this program is part of our effort to release a UGX Developer Package at a later date.

Features rundown:

• You can open any weaponfile with the program, no GDTs necessary.
  • You can find any weaponfile setting within seconds using the Search for Setting feature.
  • You can edit any weaponfile type (bullet, projectile, grenade, gas, turret) without changing any program settings - it will detect what settings to display.
  • You can base a new weaponfile off of an existing one by using the Save As feature and/or Advanced Mode.
  • You can convert BO1 weaponFiles for use in CoD4/5 using the converter button on the right-side of the program.
  • You can save changes to the currently opened weaponfile by using the Save feature.
  • All settings have tooltips which describe what the setting does - some are taken directly from Asset Manager, others are new or rewritten to be more useful and descriptive.
  • You can navigate to your root/mods or root/raw/weapons folder using the convenient buttons on the side of the window.
  • You will be notified if any updates are available to the application using the automatic update check upon launch of the program.
  • and more? Suggest features for me to add!

I found a bug!

If you get an unhandled exception while using the program or something just doesn't seem to be working right, please REPLY TO THIS THREAD! If a setting is missing from the program, please REPLY TO THIS THREAD! If you would like to see a feature added to the program, please REPLY TO THIS THREAD! :)

That's all for now - I hope the community finds this program useful and sees it as a worthy replacement of Asset Manager for editing weaponFiles.

Changelog:

• v0.8: First public release of the program. Beta Testing initiated.
  • v0.8.5:
      - Fixed some settings name typos
      - Added an option to manually specify installation folder if one isn't found.
      - Fixed a bug where the search was not jumping to certain settings
      - Added a few new tooltips for certain settings.
  • v0.9.0:
     - Fixed a crash that happened when editing hideTags
     - Changed the update check to run async so that the program startup was not waiting for the update check (i.e. the app starts faster now).
  • v0.9.5:
     - Added 'Advanced Mode' which allows you to edit add any setting to a weaponfile. The WaW engine sometimes allows unusual settings from one weaponClass to be used on another, even if not shown in Asset Manager. This also allows you to convert a weapon to a different weaponClass because you can add the needed additional settings.
     - Added 'Magazine' as an ammoClipType on the HUD tab.
     - Added 'rifle_grenade' as an impactType on the Basics tab.
     - Added "Are you sure?" confirmation message when trying to close the program with unsaved changes.
     - Added some user-submitted tooltips to the program.
     - Fixed some incorrectly-ordered tab indexes - you can use tab to navigate through all the settings now.
     - Added support for custom playerAnimTypes (tutorial soon)
  • v0.9.6:
     - Fixed a bug where "Advanced Mode" was not adding newly-activated settings to the outputted weaponFile.
     - Added "Convert to CoD5" button. You can convert BO1 weaponFiles to CoD5 format for direct use in the game! Now there is no excuse for lazy BO1 weapon stats porting ;)
     - Added even more tooltips (thanks to those who contributed thusfar!).
  • v0.9.7:
     - Fixed a bug which sometimes caused the first line of notetrackSoundMap to be placed out of order in the output file.
     - Added a menuStrip to the program to access all of the same functionality you can access with the buttons on the right side of the program and more.
     - Added key shortcuts for Open, Save, and Save As (see File menu for more info).
     - Added folder browse dialog in File menu for anyone who doesn't like to drag-and-drop.
     - Added a clickable list of your 5 most recently opened files in the File menu for easy access. You can also use your number keys to invoke the numbered list.
     - Added support for converting BO1 projectileWeapons correctly by removing even more BO1-only settings from them.
     - Fixed a bug where if a converted BO1 weapon had no notetrackSoundMap, Launcher might complain that the file exceeded maximum length.
     - Added an About dialog with important links and a UGX donate button.
     - Added registry repair pop-up if CoDWaW installation cannot be located.
     - Added "Are you Sure?" confirmation dialog when overwriting the opened file - there is a checkbox if you want to save your response for future, which you can reset in the Tools menu.
     - Added identifier text for what CoD version the weaponFile is recognized as (CoD4/5, BO1, N/A).
     - "Stick to ground, maintain yaw" typo fixed in Stickiness dropdown for grenadeWeapons.
     - Added "briefcase" to playerAnimType list.
  • v0.9.8:
     - Hopefully fixed the bug where the program saved "notetrackSoundMap" at the end of the hideTags, causing Launcher to complain about exceeding 8 > 8 hidetags and breaking the noterack sounds ingame.
     - Fixed possible unhandled exception when loading a weaponFile which has no hideTags line: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
     - Added "turret" to weaponClass list.
  • v0.9.9:
     - Yet another attempt at fixing some massively annoying bugs related to notetrackSoundMap and hideTags which caused the editor to sometimes save files which were formatted incorrectly (sorry!).
     - The program will now add files saved using Save As to the recent files list on the open menu.
     - The program will now ask you if you wish to open the new files you just saved if you used "Save As". Your choice can be saved if you check the "Do Not Ask" checbox.
  • v1.0.0:
     - Out of beta!
     - Fixed a bug where adsZoomFOV was not grabbed while doing BO1 weaponFile conversions. By default the program will now take adsZoomFov2 as the value for WaW's adsZoomFov. This will work fine for non-variable-zoom weapons, and variable-zoom weapons will import the middle zoom FOV.
     - Fixed a bug where entering a custom value to "playerAnimType" would not be saved to the weaponFile.
     - Added the name of the last edited setting to the "You have unsaved changes!" warning screen so that you know why you are seeing the message.
     - You can now drop files anywhere on the program instead of just in the drop zone.
     - You can now open a new instance of the program using the File menu.
     - You can now open the current file to a new instance of the program by using the File menu.
     - You can now open a weaponFile by dragging it onto the WeaponsEditor++.exe itself.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 17 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Web & Software Developer and Designer
Signature
"Deleted code is debugged code." - Jeff Sickel
"Mathematicians stand on each others' shoulders and computer scientists stand on each others' toes." - Richard Hamming
JR-Imagine's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
This will come in handy, still have to do some CoD4 ports. I'll edit once I got some time to play around with it. ;)

Edit:
Spoiler: click to open...

Working prefectly! :)
Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 03:19:15 pm by JR-Imagine
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
The app doesnt have an option for specifying WaW root. When I click on raw/weapons folder button it throuws unhandled exception.
Date Registered: 9 August 2013
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
codmoddd1234's Groups
codmoddd1234's Contact & Social Links
Worked perfect. Drag and drop is great.
General.basic tab had a typo. Mo partial roload
Modename had no popup text.
console text should be a pop-up "successful weapon save"
The search tab worked but would be nice if it jumped you to the section you clicked.
Other than that I tried lots of different options and they all worked.

[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Worked perfect. Drag and drop is great.
General.basic tab had a typo. Mo partial roload
Modename had no popup text.
console text should be a pop-up "successful weapon save"
The search tab worked but would be nice if it jumped you to the section you clicked.
Other than that I tried lots of different options and they all worked.
Ths search fundtion DOES jump you to the setting you entered - look at the GIF in the first post. If it didn't work, it's a bug that I need to fix - what setting where you trying to jump to?

I don't want any popups from the program because that interrupts workflow - I think you can get used to just checking the console.  I could also have it play a noise or something, idk.

What do you mean by "modeName had no popup text"?

And thanks for the typo alert, will fix it now :D

Thank you for all the feedback so far!

The app doesnt have an option for specifying WaW root. When I click on raw/weapons folder button it throuws unhandled exception.
It uses the CoDWaW installation registry key, so that means your installation is not clean.

But yes it should have an option to manually specify it, I will add that :)
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
codmoddd1234's Groups
modename is directly under displayname in the general/basic tab.  It will show the same tip as displayname if I click the modename text box and hover.   Other then that I clicked and tried almost everything with a few different types of weapons and loaded in-game they seems to work fine.
maybe label where the muzzle flash part it to say that it is an fx.

And the search is functioning properly. I probably tried it without a weapon file loaded.

[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
modename is directly under displayname in the general/basic tab.  It will show the same tip as displayname if I click the modename text box and hover.   Other then that I clicked and tried almost everything with a few different types of weapons and loaded in-game they seems to work fine.
maybe label where the muzzle flash part it to say that it is an fx.

And the search is functioning properly. I probably tried it without a weapon file loaded.
Oh, ok I'll check out the tooltip for modeName and see what's wrong. And I'll check the muzzleflash tip :)

Thanks!
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
codmoddd1234's Groups
To be more.specific.
If you click in the modename text box and hover over modename no tip displays.
If you click modename text box and hover over displayname it will show modename tip.
displayname tip is working properly.
It just seems like they are overlapped. Not a big deal at all.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
To be more.specific.
If you click in the modename text box and hover over modename no tip displays.
If you click modename text box and hover over displayname it will show modename tip.
displayname tip is working properly.
It just seems like they are overlapped. Not a big deal at all.
Ok, Thanks. I'll work on the tooltips and release a new version soon - I found some other bugs as well.
[UGX] Maintainer (Admin & Programmer)
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 1 hour ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Dolphin!
Signature
changed one line of code, bug is fixed

Coming to work on monday morning.
When a bug mysteriously disappears.

:ugxmods: Developer ;)
Delta's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Delta's Contact & Social Linksthe-deltaugxDeltaItsDeltaigDelta igdeltaigdeltaUGX_DeltaDelta#6147Personal Site
Another great program which improves our workflow and which we release to public ;)

[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
v0.8.5 has been released, download link is updated. For those of you that already have the program, it should now notify you that a new version is available if you were to open it again.

If anyone could write some tooltips for settings which do not have tooltips, that would help a LOT!
If you would like to submit some tooltips, use a code block and put them in this format, one per line:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
createTip("settingName", "Explaination for this setting.");

The "settingName" must match the setting as it appears in the weaponFile. 90% of the labels used for settings in WeaponsEditor++ are already named the same as in the weaponFile, so this should be easy.

Changelog for v0.8.5:
 - Fixed some settings name typos.
 - Added an option to manually specify installation folder if none are found.
 - Fixed a bug where the search was not jumping to certain settings.
 - Added a few new tooltips for certain settings.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
v0.9.0 has been released. Download link updated.

Changelog:
 - Fixed a crash that happened when editing hideTags
 - Changed the update check to run async so that the program startup was not waiting for the update check (i.e. the app starts faster now).
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I'm pretty sure that besides adding tooltips, v0.9.0 is the candidate for a non-beta release. Please let me know if anyone finds any crashes or bugs in v0.9.0.

Thanks!
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Is anyone available to help write tooltips for the program? It would be a huge help.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Is anyone available to help write tooltips for the program? It would be a huge help.
Just hit me up on skype with the list of missing tooltips ;)

Loading ...