UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Sudden \"looping video\" crash in UGX_Requiem... help?

broken avatar :(
Created 7 years ago
by HotelCharliHill
Date Registered: 2 June 2017
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
HotelCharliHill's Contact & Social Links
Hey guys, I'm FINALLY able to play and enjoy Custom WaW Zombie maps.

First map I downloaded was UGX_Requiem.

Tried it solo, super tough til I got the hang of it and figured out where the Axe was, and opened up to Jug and got the power on, then went down in round 8. But very fun. All the attempts together I played for about 2 hours.

Then I played it again last night for about an hour. Also tried it with a coop partner but the lag was bad for us due to distance so we stopped playing after a couple minutes to try an easier map.

Then I tried to play it tonight in coop again and TWO TIMES after about ten minutes my video suddenly hung up as if it was caught in a loop of 3 or so frames playing over and over again. My coop partner said he could see me running around and I could hear myself shooting. This actually happened the first time we loaded up Decapitator 3 as well. Just a hanging of the video.

Both times I dashboarded and came back in to a black screen. Both times I was unable to ctrl-alt-delete and end the game in task manager and had to restart my PC.

Checked my CPU/GPU temp monitoring software, temps were just fine.

I also play Rust2 last night in coop for about an hour, no crashes no problem.

Anyone else ever experience such an odd crash?

Thx for any help.

Double Post Merge: June 05, 2017, 04:31:17 am
went in and played it again with three guys. it seemed to almost crash again (twice there was a momentary 'hanging' moment... seemed to happen when two guys left the game..)

Anyway, the crash didn't happen again so I don't know what was up. great map though. I got as far as the electric or fire trap to erect PAP but I didn't set it up right and I went down.

On that note, what function/button do you use to exit the TRAP MACHINE? I was pressing USE (my F key) and esc and everything but i'd have to wait for a zombie to hit me. very annoying.
Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 04:31:17 am by HotelCharliHill
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
WaW just sucks tbh and any recent maps including Requiem are pushing it to the limit of what its capable of. Seeing as this happened on another map tho. I wouldn't say it's specific to Requiem as you ran into it in another map, as most have had no issues playing it, just WaW being WaW.  :lol:
Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 08:13:39 am by Scobalula

Loading ...