Author Topic: Alcatraz  (Read 78302 times)

Offline vitalika

• Fresh Corpse
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile

Re: Alcatraz

« Reply #240 on: September 05, 2017, 07:07:06 pm »
Hey man..... you uh... you working on anything else? My buddy and I finally beat this map a couple minutes ago and we both agreed that this is hands down the BEST custom zombies map we've ever played! Five bosses and one mini boss all in one map? Even the maps made by Treyarch don't have that. Most custom maps today are just get so and so much money and win a text that says you won. We've never been so invested in beating a map until this one came along. It was equally challenging as it was fun and surprisingly terrifying... We didn't know what the spork did... I grabbed it by accident and my buddy placed it in the tub by accident trying to figure out what to do next... we were not prepared... I think the best part about it was we had one crawler roaming around and it was silent when we put the spork in. "What did that do?" "I don't know.." "hey, do you hear that?.... graham. Graham! GRAHAM!!" The laundry too, that was a fun little surprise that took us down immediately. Running away from the mother that's breathing down your neck, just narrowly escaping the maze when the snake gets right next to you. Terrifying and we loved it. The wonder weapons we're awesome and we wouldn't have beat the game without them. Especially the wonderhauf, now that was a pleasant surprise. Oh and the first time I put the record in the jukebox was the most hilarious and motivating thing we found. Just before we did the last boss fight I told my buddy I forgot one last thing and put the song in. It made the fight so much better! Thankfully I was able to record the boss fight but my mic cut out and only graham could be heard but the point still got across. We both hope you're continuing to make maps because this was a map so good that we'd pay to play more like them.

Offline whippytrout

• - Original Poster (OP) -
  • Zombie Enslaver
  • Respect: 302
    • WhippyTrout
    • WhippyTrout's YouTube Channel
    • View Profile

« Reply #241 on: September 05, 2017, 10:18:09 pm »
Hey man..... you uh... you working on anything else? My buddy and I finally beat this map a couple minutes ago and we both agreed that this is hands down the BEST custom zombies map we've ever played! Five bosses and one mini boss all in one map? Even the maps made by Treyarch don't have that. Most custom maps today are just get so and so much money and win a text that says you won. We've never been so invested in beating a map until this one came along. It was equally challenging as it was fun and surprisingly terrifying... We didn't know what the spork did... I grabbed it by accident and my buddy placed it in the tub by accident trying to figure out what to do next... we were not prepared... I think the best part about it was we had one crawler roaming around and it was silent when we put the spork in. "What did that do?" "I don't know.." "hey, do you hear that?.... graham. Graham! GRAHAM!!" The laundry too, that was a fun little surprise that took us down immediately. Running away from the mother that's breathing down your neck, just narrowly escaping the maze when the snake gets right next to you. Terrifying and we loved it. The wonder weapons we're awesome and we wouldn't have beat the game without them. Especially the wonderhauf, now that was a pleasant surprise. Oh and the first time I put the record in the jukebox was the most hilarious and motivating thing we found. Just before we did the last boss fight I told my buddy I forgot one last thing and put the song in. It made the fight so much better! Thankfully I was able to record the boss fight but my mic cut out and only graham could be heard but the point still got across. We both hope you're continuing to make maps because this was a map so good that we'd pay to play more like them.

That is what I'm talking about man! Good reviews like this make me so happy and inspire me to make more content. Thank you for your kind words. I'm trying to make my own game now so who knows maybe you can pay for more content like this.  ;)  I don't have any custom zombies projects planned for now. I'm just learning all I can about Unreal Engine 4 so that I can bring you guys a crazy new game made 100% from scratch. Don't worry its fully focused on Online Coop so it will be a fun game you can play with friends.  :nyan:
If you like my work feel free to donate: [You are not allowed to view external links. Register or Login to see them]

Check out my Alcatraz WIP: https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7912.0.html
Jigsaw: https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,13563.msg142016.html#msg142016
Christmas with the Joker: https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,1563.msg14836.html#msg14836
Wayne Manor: https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9821.ms

Offline vitalika

• Fresh Corpse
    • View Profile

« Reply #242 on: September 06, 2017, 06:02:16 am »
That is what I'm talking about man! Good reviews like this make me so happy and inspire me to make more content. Thank you for your kind words. I'm trying to make my own game now so who knows maybe you can pay for more content like this.  ;)  I don't have any custom zombies projects planned for now. I'm just learning all I can about Unreal Engine 4 so that I can bring you guys a crazy new game made 100% from scratch. Don't worry its fully focused on Online Coop so it will be a fun game you can play with friends.  :nyan:

Well you've got a well deserved donation on your way so keep it up! You're making your own coop based game on unreal 4? Need some beta testers ;)? cause graham and I would love to try it out. How far in to it do you think you are and what's the premise?

Offline whippytrout

• Zombie Enslaver
    • WhippyTrout
    • View Profile

« Reply #243 on: September 06, 2017, 08:23:53 am »
Well you've got a well deserved donation on your way so keep it up! You're making your own coop based game on unreal 4? Need some beta testers ;)? cause graham and I would love to try it out. How far in to it do you think you are and what's the premise?

Whoa thanks man! My first donation.  :D I'm definitely going to use this money to help me with my game. I don't want to give away to much of what the game is about but I can tell you it's going to be 4 player coop, maybe more. It will be a mixture of genres such as comedy, horror,  and adventure. I have been working like crazy on the core mechanics of the game first. Once they are finished I can add in the nice textures, modles, etc. I will be using some similar things from some of my zombie maps so if you like my maps you will like my game hopefully.

I can't thank you enough for your donation and amazing review of my work. Alcatraz was my baby for a long time and Im glad it could be experienced by a nice person such as yourself. Sounds like I scared you guys good with some of my bosses and stuff hahahaha.

Offline Savz

• Fresh Corpse
    • View Profile

« Reply #244 on: September 13, 2017, 08:25:38 am »
NEED HELP!
Quand je lance le mod "alcatraz" celui-ci me met "a césser de fonctionner" et s'arrête de suite, des idées?

Offline 12spiderweb

• Pack-a-Puncher
  • Respect: 8
    • View Profile

« Reply #245 on: September 13, 2017, 02:05:51 pm »
English:
Have you installed t4m?

French:
avez-vous incarné t4m?

Offline TheTrueMCGamer

• Fresh Corpse
  • Respect: 1
  • CLICK BAIT FACE
    • TheTrueMCGamer
    • TrueMCGamer113's Twitch Channel
    • TheTrueMCGamer' Twitter Feed
    • TheTrueMCGamer's YouTube Channel
    • View Profile
  • WaW: TrueMCGamer

« Reply #246 on: September 16, 2017, 12:55:23 pm »
Have fun you guys! I've spent 7 years learning and creating this map.
Mob has been out for 4 years

Offline josemassacre

• Mr. Elemental
  • Respect: 71
    • View Profile

« Reply #247 on: September 16, 2017, 04:53:49 pm »
Yes, but Alcatraz has been a thing since 1934.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 04:54:27 pm by josemassacre »

Offline whippytrout

• Zombie Enslaver
    • WhippyTrout
    • View Profile

« Reply #248 on: September 16, 2017, 11:27:51 pm »

Yea I know. I remember my friends telling me, "Dude Treyarch stole your Alcatraz idea!". At first I was mad but after I played Mob of the Dead I fell in love with it and it became my favorite map. So I decided to revamp my Alcatraz map and include more assets from MOTD as well as borrow some of their layout. Trust me this map has went through so many variations and layouts over the years its insane. Just ask my friends who tested all of them. I had versions where you escaped by boat, some by hot air balloon, some by swimming to Mexico, and your classic teleport out lol. What really threw me off was I had an AC-130 on the roof of Alcatraz and it flew you to the Golden Gate bridge for the ending. But then Treyarch did the EXACT thing! lol There's was obviously way better but I had the same idea they did only years before. It's hilarious thinking back on all of the weird coincidences but I think I found the best option in the end for my map.

Offline 12spiderweb

• Pack-a-Puncher
    • View Profile

« Reply #249 on: September 17, 2017, 11:04:43 am »
Oooooh, behind the scene the stuff here I love these :) Can you explain the reason why you chosen the 4 characters we have in the map now? And you were you going to add in before?

Offline whippytrout

• Zombie Enslaver
    • WhippyTrout
    • View Profile

« Reply #250 on: September 17, 2017, 05:12:36 pm »
Oooooh, behind the scene the stuff here I love these :) Can you explain the reason why you chosen the 4 characters we have in the map now? And you were you going to add in before?

Lol Well I never thought I'd have the time to add characters and their quotes but once I figured it out I had to spend all the long hours of renaming and converting the sounds. It was sooo worth it in the end. But i have to say Danny Trejo was always a character I wanted. IDK why i just think he's funny and cool.

I picked The Hoff because duh... He's "The HOFF!" hahaha I live David Hasselhoff he's an 80's icon and a beast. I picked Sal because he's just so...."Swell". I picked JFK because his quotes are funny and I like him as a president. Plus he needed some beans for his chowder. ;)

Offline 12spiderweb

• Pack-a-Puncher
    • View Profile

« Reply #251 on: September 18, 2017, 12:32:44 am »
Simple enough, I always thought you were going to add in the COTD crew because I remember seeing some sort of question from you on how to implement the characters models of them lol

Offline whippytrout

• Zombie Enslaver
    • WhippyTrout
    • View Profile

« Reply #252 on: September 18, 2017, 10:31:45 am »
Oh yea I once had an idea to put Robert Englund in and have a character based easter egg that would allow him to turn into Freddy Krueger. lol I also had Michael Rooker in the map as well. He was a AI character that was on a fishing boat at the beginning of the map. You talked to him and then a giant shark knocked him out of his boat and ate him right as you were about to pull him into your boat. The shark then jumped up onto the back of your boat just like in the movie Jaws and you had to not get eat. Then Brutus pulled up in a guard boat and took you off to Alcatraz where you were all locked up in a cell. I then was going to make the players have to escape from their cells and get away. Lol I made all of it but the escaping from the prison cells part. It just didn't feel right to the layout to start in the main cell blocks. I may post some videos or pictures of the shark scene that got cut.  ;)

Offline 12spiderweb

• Pack-a-Puncher
    • View Profile

« Reply #253 on: September 19, 2017, 02:14:14 pm »
sounds great! Cant wait to see it. Yeah, maybe that for the beginning for a map would've been a little complicated, I much prefer it where the characters all start at the docks because of the boat JFK was in just sank. Maybe a playable character easter egg where you can change into another person midgame (kinda like IW) But hey, the maps out now so I guess I gotta enjoy what I have :) (which is incredible as it is right now)

Offline TopazBeast

• Legless Crawler
    • View Profile

« Reply #254 on: September 25, 2017, 04:21:03 pm »
This is a really great map! My only problem with it is when I look at the center of the map I drop a ton of frames, but then again I do play on a very crappy laptop.