Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
I am not a Krusty Krab
Signature
When in doubt while mapping, listen to an album of Pink Floyd and watch your ideas flow.
Croomer555's Groups
Croomer555's Contact & Social LinksCroomer555
I was having a problem making sure that the texture on the arch of my doorframe lined up properly with the texture of the wall. I usually resolve this issue by clicking "Lmap" in surface inspector, but on certain doorways, they turn out looking like this:

http://imgur.com/k1Cd3rZ
broken avatar :(
JbirdHaX
Date Registered: 12 March 2012
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(_̅(_̅м̅a̅я̅i̅j̅u̅a̅n̅a̅_̅0 ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้
Signature
▒█▀▄▀█ ░█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▀█▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█▒█▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▒█░ ░▒█░░ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█░░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█  ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█▄▄ ▄█▄ ░▒█░░ ▒█▄▄▄
RadimaX's Groups
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
in counterstrike people had to manually build the arches to avoid this very issue long time ago, i still do sometimes out of habit even if generating an arch have its own benefits like adjusting the curve and width height etc where it all resizes, still spend 10 mins on it and use in entire map if you want!

Personally i recommend pressing S for surface inspector and messing with the Natural or Lightmap buttons

Going back & forth between the options can actually put all the textures in place for you no effort required...given the lightmap looks good unlike in this case where i just wanted to give you and other mapper an idea of what could solve the problem quickly.

this is the best way i find to align any surface that is a mix of both patch and brush. Thats why scrolling can have negative impact since it start going in different directions, best way to reset a texture alignment is picking a new texture or going back to the one you had then doing the steps i showed you with natural and lightmap

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
here is just a bad example of what i first meant but that way there wont be any seem between textures if you cannot figure out the way i did above.

Here i needed a very flat curve in this scenario but could not be bothered with patches so i made an exception and used a couple brushes
Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 01:20:08 pm by RadimaX
Date Registered: 8 June 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I am not a Krusty Krab
Croomer555's Groups
Croomer555's Contact & Social LinksCroomer555
Thanks man! I'll be sure to look at what you said when I load up radiant again. I've been taking a break recently from mapping but I'm ready to start back, now that I have help with this issue. Thank you for the help :)

Loading ...