UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Asset Manager not converting textures right.

broken avatar :(
Created 6 years ago
by Deleted User
  • Freakguy22
  • Deleted Member
Freakguy22
This user is deleted :(
Hello, everyone! Sorry if my first post isn't anything really good.

Anyhow, I've been learning how to make textures for my first custom map, and things aren't working right. It says "conversion successful", but nothing is converted.

Here's how I was told from a video tutorial on how to install custom textures:

-Make the images you want in DDS, by the power of two (512, 1024, whatever. Like a VTF)

-Install the DDS in in "Call of Duty World At War\raw\images\Custom\texturename.dds"

-Then run asset manager, and save a .gdt in " "Call of Duty World At War\sourcedata\foldername\nameofgdt.gdt"

-Insert a new entry in materials, and name the material after the colormap .dds. Set everything right, then run it. I also added a normal and spec map, but I don't think those are of issue.

Here's how I have the textures set up. The .gdt only has this material. It's a texture that's meant to tile horizontally.

And this is how it looks in asset manager.

And when I press F10 to convert it, nothing happens.

If there's any reason why this happens, it'd be a huge help!

Marked as best answer by Deleted User 6 years ago
Date Registered: 30 July 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Current project: Afterlife
Signature
"The only time you should look back, is to see how far you've come."
Convert your normal map image to a .tga file. Afaik everything but your col-map should be a .tga. If that doesn't work delete the material and try it again
  • Freakguy22
  • Deleted Member
Freakguy22
I already found out the issue a bit ago. And yeah, it was a mix of file-types, and where I had the .gdt placed.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Hello, everyone! Sorry if my first post isn't anything really good.

Anyhow, I've been learning how to make textures for my first custom map, and things aren't working right. It says "conversion successful", but nothing is converted.

Here's how I was told from a video tutorial on how to install custom textures:

-Make the images you want in DDS, by the power of two (512, 1024, whatever. Like a VTF)

-Install the DDS in in "Call of Duty World At War\raw\images\Custom\texturename.dds"

-Then run asset manager, and save a .gdt in " "Call of Duty World At War\sourcedata\foldername\nameofgdt.gdt"

-Insert a new entry in materials, and name the material after the colormap .dds. Set everything right, then run it. I also added a normal and spec map, but I don't think those are of issue.

Here's how I have the textures set up. The .gdt only has this material. It's a texture that's meant to tile horizontally.

(Image removed from quote.)

And this is how it looks in asset manager.

And when I press F10 to convert it, nothing happens.

If there's any reason why this happens, it'd be a huge help!

Possibly the GDT isn't in source_data. That happens to me whenever I don't put the GDT in source_data.
Date Registered: 22 September 2015
Last active: 9 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Signature
AllMoDs's Groups
put the dds and gdt in model_export folder  use 2d on  teacher
after dun converting look in raw/images new iwi will be there
Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 08:37:47 am by AllMoDs
Date Registered: 1 March 2013
Last active: 8 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
2015 Contest Winner
johndoe's Contact & Social Linksmyc153-johndoe
If your gdt's are not in source_data, the converter usually says it's successful but  it doesn't convert the assets. If you see the name of the images before you see the conversion successful message, then it means it actually converts them but if it only says conversion successful without giving any information about the asset, then it means your gdt is probably in the wrong folder.
Date Registered: 11 August 2016
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Personal Quote
I am done. done I am, am I done?
GlueGun87's Groups
GlueGun87's Contact & Social Links
This one might work.... if you tryed everything here and unsuccessful, then delete all of your converted files because A.
your texture shows in your radient mfc application perfectly, and b shows color maps like white/gray or similar during actual game play.
and by delete i mean go to your .gdt file and search it up, by that i mean delete every file that the customtexture.gdt file names because those dont seem to work properly and probably not even going to work and use space, then open your radeint and see if your custom textures are show as deleted (all of them). Then run a new texture as tga set your custom things and cunvert it. AFTER conversion go to the iwi file your customtexture.iwi and copy every one of them to your nazizombiefolder located in your mods folder and find the images folder, include it in your image and compile your level.
Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 03:59:21 am by GlueGun87

Loading ...