UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Way to force zombies to respawn in different areas?

broken avatar :(
Created 6 years ago
by masterguyperson
Date Registered: 1 December 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
masterguyperson's Contact & Social Linksmasterguyperson
Back in Black Ops zombies, on Five for example, when the player takes the elevator down, all of the zombies on the current floor that are outside of the windows and actively chasing the player, will respawn at windows on the floor that the player then arrives at.

In the map I am currently making, I have the player drop down a large hole, not quite an elevator, but I would love to know if there is a way to force any zombies above to respawn at that bottom level when all of the players have dropped down. Is there any way of achieving this, if so I would love any links or information! Alternatively, I have been trying to get the zombies to simply climb down, but the way I have the hole set up is proving to make that a bit difficult, I may just have to do some rearranging!
Date Registered: 24 November 2016
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
MegaMech43's Groups
MegaMech43's Contact & Social Linksmegamechmegamech.net
Did you look through the API, it must be possible!
Date Registered: 20 April 2016
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
if I surprised you, you had underestimated me
Signature
if I surprised you, it was because you underestimated me
Doodles_Inc's Groups
Doodles_Inc's Contact & Social LinksdoodlescriminoserDoodles_IncDoodlesInc
Back in Black Ops zombies, on Five for example, when the player takes the elevator down, all of the zombies on the current floor that are outside of the windows and actively chasing the player, will respawn at windows on the floor that the player then arrives at.

In the map I am currently making, I have the player drop down a large hole, not quite an elevator, but I would love to know if there is a way to force any zombies above to respawn at that bottom level when all of the players have dropped down. Is there any way of achieving this, if so I would love any links or information! Alternatively, I have been trying to get the zombies to simply climb down, but the way I have the hole set up is proving to make that a bit difficult, I may just have to do some rearranging!
I have a similar problem to you, I think in this case maybe if you put some zones in between the floors and activate then automatically (don't remember how to do it though) the game SHOULD spawn zombies only in the nearest zones, that means the top floor would be excluded. I have no ideia if this would work.

Double Post Merge: July 10, 2018, 01:05:36 am
What you could do also would be disabling the zones you don't want zombies to spawn, the only problem would be that it would only work solo since if you deactivate the zone everyone inside it dies.
Code Snippet
Plaintext
function disablezone(zone) {
level.zones[zone].is_enabled = false;
level.zones[zone].is_spawning_allowed = false;
level notify(zone);
}
Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 01:05:36 am by Doodles_Inc

Loading ...