Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
AliasEditor++ v0.9.0 BETA

I've been working on an app for the last few days which is meant to be the best tool for editing soundalias csv files, called AliasEditor++. The development of this program is part of our effort to release a UGX Developer Package at a later date.

Features rundown:

• You can open any soundalias csv with the program.
  • All aliases in the opened file are  grouped by name in the left data column.
  • You can find any soundalias setting within seconds using the Search for Setting Name feature.
  • You can sort any column by name to make editing more intuitive.
  • You can add, remove, and clear specific aliases in the opened file by using the Edit menu or by right-clicking the list of aliases.
  • You can add sample 2d and 3d aliases of various types in the opened file by using the Add from Samples option in the Edit menu.
  • You can base a new soundalias file off of an existing one by using the Save As feature.
  • You can save changes to the currently opened soundalias by using the Save feature.
  • You can create a new soundalias file by using the New feature.
  • You can access all important features of the program with key combinations which are listed in each dropdown menu.
  • All settings have tooltips which describe what the setting does.
  • You can navigate to your root or root/raw/soundalises folder using the convenient buttons in the Tools menu.
  • You will be notified if any updates are available to the application using the automatic update check upon launch of the program.
  • and more? Suggest features for me to add!

To-Do list:

• Any community features suggestions

This is a BETA!

What does this mean? It means the program may have some bugs which I am not aware of... if you get an unhandled exception while using the program or something just doesn't seem to be working right, please REPLY TO THIS THREAD! If a setting is missing from the program, please REPLY TO THIS THREAD! If you would like to see a feature added to the program, please REPLY TO THIS THREAD! :)

Changelog:

• v0.8.0: First public release of the program. Beta Testing initiated.
  • v0.9.0:
     - Added  "Samples" list to the Edit menu which you can use to insert a sample 2d, 2d streamed, 2d looping, 3d, and 3d looping alias to your file.
     - Opening a soundalias csv which only contains a header line are no longer "invalid files".
     - Added a right-click menu to the alias list which has the same functionality as the Edit menu.
     - Implemented the Duplicate, Clear, and Remove alias commands on the Edit and right-click menus.
     - Added key shortcuts for all of the edit commands.
     - Added a registry path fixer to the Tools menu.
     - Added better CoDWaW registry handling - if your installation is not found the program will ask you to locate it instead of throwing an unhandled exception.
     - If the soundalias header has a skipped setting (",,"), it will show as "<null>".
broken avatar :(
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
thanks to this tool I found out how engine handles subtitles :D
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
thanks to this tool I found out how engine handles subtitles :D
;)
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
;)
Meh, that system for subtitles that the game has sucks. Mine is a lot better xD
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Meh, that system for subtitles that the game has sucks. Mine is a lot better xD
It may be basic but it doesn't necessarily suck. It allows you to display subtitles just by calling a soundalias that is paired with the dialogue. I would assume it also doesn't take up a hudelem since it's cg-drawn. If you use your own system (assuming you don't use iPrintLns), you are taking up hudelems with the text and you can only have a certain amount drawn on screen at a time.

For chaos mode I ran into an issue where if I had 8 perk icons plus the 3 score displays and the combo progressbar some of the elems would disappear or flicker because I was over the hudelem limit. So what I'm getting at is if you were in a similar situation you would not want your subtitles to disappear because of this issue, which could be an advantage of using these subtitles.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
It may be basic but it doesn't necessarily suck. It allows you to display subtitles just by calling a soundalias that is paired with the dialogue. I would assume it also doesn't take up a hudelem since it's cg-drawn. If you use your own system (assuming you don't use iPrintLns), you are taking up hudelems with the text and you can only have a certain amount drawn on screen at a time.

For chaos mode I ran into an issue where if I had 8 perk icons plus the 3 score displays and the combo progressbar some of the elems would disappear or flicker because I was over the hudelem limit. So what I'm getting at is if you were in a similar situation you would not want your subtitles to disappear because of this issue, which could be an advantage of using these subtitles.
Hmm, true. I'm just too worried about sound and string asset space.
Also I modified my hud.menu for iPrintLns to behave like subtitles.
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 7 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
you can add a option to set the default root folder, becuase it give me error when i try to set it.

this is my root folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War"
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
you can add a option to set the default root folder, becuase it give me error when i try to set it.

this is my root folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War"
The program takes the root folder specified in the registry folder for the game. If it is not set properly that isn't the fault of the program. It can be changed by opening the registry editor and navigating to the directory:
"Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Activision\Call of Duty WAW" and changing the key "InstallPath" to the correct directory. If there is no folder specified then the program should ask you for a default folder. If you could further explain your issue it might better help towards a solution.
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 7 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
The program takes the root folder specified in the registry folder for the game. If it is not set properly that isn't the fault of the program. It can be changed by opening the registry editor and navigating to the directory:
"Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Activision\Call of Duty WAW" and changing the key "InstallPath" to the correct directory. If there is no folder specified then the program should ask you for a default folder. If you could further explain your issue it might better help towards a solution.
it works thanks! +1 also +1 to treminaor for this tool
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
v0.8.1 will be out soon - it will have a File -> New feature for starting blank files, and the Duplicate/Clear/Remove features will be implemented in the Tools menu. A right-click menu has also been added for the edit commands, as well as shortcut keys.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I decided to bump the version number up farther than 0.8.1 since a lot of new features have been added and I do not anticipate having to add much more.

New version released:
  • v0.9.0:
     - Added  "Samples" list to the Edit menu which you can use to insert a sample 2d, 2d streamed, 2d looping, 3d, and 3d looping alias to your file.
     - Added a list of recently accessed files which can be viewed in the File menu. You can quickly open any file from the list by pressing the number key which represents the file in the list. Example: pressing 1 would open the first recent file on the list.
     - Opening a soundalias csv which only contains a header line are no longer "invalid files".
     - Added a right-click menu to the alias list which has the same functionality as the Edit menu.
     - Implemented the Duplicate, Clear, and Remove alias commands on the Edit and right-click menus.
     - Added key shortcuts for all of the edit commands.
     - Added a registry path fixer to the Tools menu.
     - Added better CoDWaW registry handling - if your installation is not found the program will ask you to locate it instead of throwing an unhandled exception.
     - If the soundalias header has a skipped setting (",,"), it will show as "<null>".

[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
So from the lack of comments I could either guess that a) the program works perfectly and no one has found any bugs, or b) no one has been using the program.

Does anyone have any feedback? Bug reports? Anything?
Date Registered: 22 January 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
nabaro's Groups
nabaro's Contact & Social Linkschelseafan122099nabarogamerblast11
Yeah, for some reason the AliasEditor duplicates some of the alias lines, causing errors ex:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
plr_0_vox_resp_dev_rare_0,voiceovers\zombie\dlc3\plr0\rare_response_devil_00.wav,,,,1,1,75,1700,2,reject,1,reject,voice,,curve2,0.8,2100,,curve2,1,1,,3d,streamed,,,master,,,,,,0,,,,50,500,0.9,0.5,,,,,,10,25,0.25,1,,plr_0_vox_resp_dev_rare_0,voiceovers\zombie\dlc3\plr0\rare_response_devil_00.wav,,,,1,1,75,1700,2,reject,1,reject,voice,,curve2,0.8,2100,,curve2,1,1,,3d,streamed,,,master,,,,,,0,,,,50,500,0.9,0.5,,,,,,10,25,0.25,1,,
(The same info is duplicated on the line).
Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 12:19:31 am by SajeOne
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Yeah, for some reason the AliasEditor duplicates some of the alias lines, causing errors ex:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
plr_0_vox_resp_dev_rare_0,voiceovers\zombie\dlc3\plr0\rare_response_devil_00.wav,,,,1,1,75,1700,2,reject,1,reject,voice,,curve2,0.8,2100,,curve2,1,1,,3d,streamed,,,master,,,,,,0,,,,50,500,0.9,0.5,,,,,,10,25,0.25,1,,plr_0_vox_resp_dev_rare_0,voiceovers\zombie\dlc3\plr0\rare_response_devil_00.wav,,,,1,1,75,1700,2,reject,1,reject,voice,,curve2,0.8,2100,,curve2,1,1,,3d,streamed,,,master,,,,,,0,,,,50,500,0.9,0.5,,,,,,10,25,0.25,1,,
(The same info is duplicated on the line).
Found this bug yesterday when investigating a different one. Currently working on some crash fixes while saving files that have alias lines removed - then I will release an update that fixes this problem and other crashes.
Date Registered: 16 August 2013
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Giggity.
Signature
maps:
Undead Town
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2294.0 (Release)
Origins 1922
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2659.0
[WIP] mapping 39%, weapons 85%, scripts 65%
[/url]
RamboBadass's Groups
RamboBadass's Contact & Social LinksAsk merambobadassRamboDaGreat
Another lil issue for me is i cant get my Maverick weapon file to save... im going to make a new one like you said once before maybe it is corrupted
Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 07:18:56 am by rambobada555555

Loading ...