UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Vr gb pf wd ya gs pf eg.
Aidan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Aidan's Contact & Social Linksaddictedtocod1amw31rd1amw31rdPortfolio
This software is now deprecated, you can now download the UGX Script Placer 2.0.

Some people requested UGX to make a Script Placer.
:accepted:
So guess what. UGX made a Script Placer.

Virus Scans: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b8dd7e2aee5c0d1a6acc1d800338af501913fd09c2969b84567a6e6ffaa950c2/analysis/1407555843/
http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresult/ddb7d6add74a20f6303d922558c7b099ddf8394f

This requires .NET Framework 4.0 (because I'm still using C# *sigh*), which you should probably have anyways. Don't expect this program to work correctly because nothing I make works correctly once its outside of my computer.  :)

I took it out of another project that I was working on that will never be finished because it's stupid. Fixed some stuff, added some stuff, and now it's done. Note: There are a few features that are always grayed out and you cant use them. Those are options that will default your map with a script such as Easy-Fx or Weather. The reason I can't make these work is because my CoD Root Folder is currently screwed up and I don't know why, so I can't test CoD Scripts. Anyways....

Some things I should point out before you use the program: Some options will need to replace existing files in your Root Folder to work. Those options are not required though. Any files that the Script Placer needs to overwrite, it WILL ASK YOU what it should do. Don't just spam "Yes" to any dialog box that comes up.

The Script Placer comes with a feature called "Map Remover" which helps you remove unwanted maps or files. It searches your root for files with specific names or contents based on the name of the map you are searching for. This is better than just regularly using the search bar in your root because it will only check common areas for files. That means it wont check places like raw\xmodels, which takes a while, for scripts, because they won't (shouldn't) ever be there.

The "Display Name" of the map is what is used in the main menus that the player of the map will see. So instead of seeing "Launch nazi_zombie_awesome", they might see "Launch Zombie Awesome". And other things like that.

Expect updates at some point or another. This program doesn't have an auto-update feature (because I'm lazy), so you'll have to download it again if you want the update.

Changelog:
1.1.6:
- Removed placement of "sound,character,nazi_zombie_factory,all_sp" in mapname.csv which was causing a 1600 sounds error when trying to use a generated map with UGX Mod v1.0.x. This line has been added to dlc3.csv in the latest update to the UGX Modtools Patch (v1.0.6) which can be downloaded from the UGX Wiki. The UGX Mod Standalone dlc3.csv will overwrite the Modtools Patch dlc3.csv, eliminating the possibility for the character sounds to be included.

1.1.5:
- Fixed incorrect statement in _loadout.gsc

1.1.4:
- Fixed some DLC3 sounds not being included in created maps

1.1.3:
- Fixed loadout.gsc issues based on map prefix
- Fixed file name replacement in launcher files
- Lowered FX usage by removing unused weapons

1.1:
 - I made an update to this program to allow for selecting a custom root. Just click "Use Custom Game Path..." in the options menu. Select "Use Default Game Path" to use the default root. This program doesn't auto-update, so you will need to download it again. Its just one .exe though :)

1.0:
 - Initial Release
Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 10:17:04 pm by SajeOne
broken avatar :(
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 7 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
new version with the option for the defeault game path?
Date Registered: 25 June 2011
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Vr gb pf wd ya gs pf eg.
Aidan's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
new version with the option for the defeault game path?

Sorry, I forgot. I just updated the program to allow that.
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 7 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
work very good, good job!!! :D :D :D
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Vr gb pf wd ya gs pf eg.
Aidan's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Date Registered: 25 June 2012
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Fallout Assault Center - Released!

Z ASYLUM - WIP  https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,15236.msg150610.html#msg150610

Xbl, psn, and steam username is nickst98
nickst98's Groups
you should add a main menu screen option.
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Vr gb pf wd ya gs pf eg.
Aidan's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
you should add a main menu screen option.

That is a possibility. I'll see what I can do (though I'm going to need some help from Treminaor to do that :P)
Date Registered: 7 August 2012
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
knzombiemaster's Contact & Social LinksNiklas3411gangxta987
good work one question fot the weapons datas there are in DLc_weapons or so in you mod folder how i can change weapons ??
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
That is a possibility. I'll see what I can do (though I'm going to need some help from Treminaor to do that :P)
hey aidan you should make it so you can add some stuff later but still use the script placer to make the map. Because i assume people dont want to disable console right from start if they need to just. Just saying though. The script placer is awesome :D
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Vr gb pf wd ya gs pf eg.
Aidan's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
good work one question fot the weapons datas there are in DLc_weapons or so in you mod folder how i can change weapons ??

You open DLC3_Weapons.iwd using WinRar. If you don't know how to do that already, you'd better learn quickly if you want to be a mapper or modder because you'll have to use WinRar a lot.

hey aidan you should make it so you can add some stuff later but still use the script placer to make the map. Because i assume people dont want to disable console right from start if they need to just. Just saying though. The script placer is awesome :D

I can't do that, because a script placer doesn't really know what you have changed since when it was created. It could compare files, I guess, but that probably wouldn't work well. Adding something later on would be better for a tutorial, which I already made a tutorial for removing console. I also made on on screens, but I never finished the one for Menu screen (it's really simple, just make the file name of the image be 'menu_map_<yourmapname>' and then add that material to your map's zone_source). As for the cheat prevention options that I haven't added yet, those will just be GSC's, so you can comment those out easily while your testing.
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
You open DLC3_Weapons.iwd using WinRar. If you don't know how to do that already, you'd better learn quickly if you want to be a mapper or modder because you'll have to use WinRar a lot.

I can't do that, because a script placer doesn't really know what you have changed since when it was created. It could compare files, I guess, but that probably wouldn't work well. Adding something later on would be better for a tutorial, which I already made a tutorial for removing console. I also made on on screens, but I never finished the one for Menu screen (it's really simple, just make the file name of the image be 'menu_map_<yourmapname>' and then add that material to your map's zone_source). As for the cheat prevention options that I haven't added yet, those will just be GSC's, so you can comment those out easily while your testing.

yes i check it now i know al about winnrar and i use 7 zip ;)
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
yes i check it now i know al about winnrar and i use 7 zip ;)
I don't think 7zip can open an archive without extracting it. WinRAR can preview archives without extracting them, and you can inject files into the archives without extraction.

If 7zip can do that too then by all means continue using 7zip.
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
I don't think 7zip can open an archive without extracting it. WinRAR can preview archives without extracting them, and you can inject files into the archives without extraction.

If 7zip can do that too then by all means continue using 7zip.

yes 7 zip do this and i usually used this so i dont know that i can use winrar :D
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
been gone for a while but...

the UGX script placer gives me a custom_layout error. not even sure what it is, but i don't get the error wth hankey's so until i can fix it, ill use hankey's...

something about a maps/custom_layout request or w/e. in the zombiemode.gsc.
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
been gone for a while but...

the UGX script placer gives me a custom_layout error. not even sure what it is, but i don't get the error wth hankey's so until i can fix it, ill use hankey's...

something about a maps/custom_layout request or w/e. in the zombiemode.gsc.
isnt the custom_layout code by nipawesome(or whatever his name is). its not a problem with the script placer.

Loading ...