Asset Counter v0.9.3 BETA
Put together a small utility to help you count how many assets you are loading in your map, according to the engine compiler. By loading one or more assetlist files from your CoDWaW directory, the program will count how many of each datatype you are loading and give you a categorized list of the files. The development of this program is part of our effort to release a UGX Developer Package at a later date.
[You are not allowed to download this file.
Register or Login to see them] Features rundown:
- You can open any number of assetlist csv files simultaneously with the program.
- All assets in the opened files are grouped by type in the upper textbox.
- A summary of all assets including the amount of each one is provided in the lower textbox.
I would like to add a feature which tells you how close you are to each asset limit. I'd also like the program to be able to generate an ignore.csv for you based on selected items but that would require a UI redesign and some rewriting, and it's not hard to just select the lines yourself and copy/paste them to a new csv...
Additionally I would like to multithread the file loading so that the program doesn't hang for a few seconds when opening many large files.What do I use this for? How do I use it?
I hit the 2400 image limit on one of my maps and I wanted to know how many images I was actually loading in the mod - so I opened the mapname.csv, mapname_patch.csv, mod.csv, default.csv, patch.csv and common.csv all at the same time to see how many total images were loaded. Hopefully this is helpful to some people.
To use it, navigate to
Call of Duty - World at War\zone_source\english\assetlist
and either drag one or more files into the drag image of the program, or use File -> Open and Ctrl+click to select multiple files.
In the upper box, there is a list of all of the asset names of the selected category. To view other category lists, choose them from the dropdown box. In the lower box, you will see a summary of all the assets found in the opened files.This is a BETA!
What does this mean? It means the program may have some bugs which I am not aware of... if you get an unhandled exception while using the program or something just doesn't seem to be working right, please REPLY TO THIS THREAD! If a setting is missing from the program, please REPLY TO THIS THREAD! If you would like to see a feature added to the program, please REPLY TO THIS THREAD! Changelog:
- v0.9.0: First public release of the program. Beta Testing initiated.
- File loading is now multithreaded. Loading multiple files should be practically instantaneous now.
- You can save and load preset lists of assetlist csvs now using the File menu or the key shortcuts.
- Asset Counts in the Summary Box are now shown next to the known limits for that dataType in CoD5.
- List of loaded files added to top of summary box information.
- Recently opened files are now saved to a list in the File menu.
- Fixed a bug where the asset counts were not cleared after loading a new file, causing them to add on top of each other repeatedly.
- Fixed a bug where the assetList textbox did not show the complete list of assets for the chosen category.
- Fixed a bug where opening the same assetList category repeatedly would change the length of the list of assets below it.
- Possible future feature in progress, button added for it.