UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[23/40] Studio - Lights! Camera!...and it froze again.

broken avatar :(
Created 10 years ago
by tomikaze
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Creator: zNiiC

Setting: Set in a movie studio or video game development studio or maybe even a studio apartment. Not sure exactly but it's tucked away out in the woods where any self-respecting business would be conveniently located.

Positives: As a fan of zNiiC’s previous maps Gas Station and Ski Resort with their creepy ambiance and weather conditions all around you I had high hopes for this map visually and zNiiC did not disappoint; he certainly knows how to give a map great atmosphere and Studio is no exception. This time around though he introduces a series of earthquakes that change the appearance of the map; not a huge thing, but it was a nice touch. The fire effects around the map represented by damaged pipes spraying streams of ignited gas into the air was also unique and added to the overall presentation of the map as does the dense fog and flashes of lighting.
There is a buildable power switch and buildable PAP machine which gives you something to do on the map past mere survival and it was also fun to be able to get onto the roofs of some of the buildings and fight the zombies at a little different altitude.
Also accompanying the standard WAW perks are Black Ops perks along with Electric Cherry and Vulture Aid to give you a good number of options to choose from.

Negatives: There is, however, a serious lack of staying power in this map. Once you’ve assembled the buildables there isn’t much to do other than maybe collect perks and save up for the 35k buyable ending. The parts that you do pick up for the buildables don’t show up anywhere on your HUD so you’ll just need to remember what you’ve already picked up.
Pack-A-Punching some of the Black Ops guns gives you upgraded versions of WAW guns instead which is strange. Many of the weapons also use incorrect sounds and animations which doesn't bother me terribly and the mapper mentioned that the issues with the guns are due to him using a mod that is still in beta; nevertheless, it’s somewhat annoying and sadly does take away from the experience some.
Also, lets say you buy 4 perks including Quick Revive and then get downed, well the game still thinks you have reached your perk limit and won't let you buy more.
BUT, by far the most annoying thing about this map was the number of times my game would temporarily freeze before resuming itself a moment later. Out of the half-dozen times I played this map it averaged about 5 freezes a game; this really needed to be fixed.

Conclusion: I wanted SO badly to like this map and I think I still do to a degree. It's just that it felt so unbalanced with its good visuals and fun layout, but then just got throttled by glitches, weapon compromises and lack of a reason to keep playing after the first 15 minutes or so. It certainly deserves to be played and there is some fun to be had, but your going to have to be willing to look past some things in order to do it.

Level of Detail: 7/10
Custom Content: 6/10
Fun Scale: 6/10
Replayability: 4/10

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?166vuck3r1j8t6u   
[UGX] Social Networking & Q.A.
Date Registered: 18 August 2012
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
MrSlagovich's Groups
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
"Studio - Lights! Camera!...and it froze again."

Black People React
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
haxman123's Groups
haxman123's Contact & Social Links