UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[34/40] The Swan - Is this suppose to be DLC5 for BO2?

broken avatar :(
Created 10 years ago
by Dust
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic

After playing this map over 20 times I think I can finally form an opinion on it.

Mappers: HexZombies and AwesomePieMan

Setting: Map is based off of the hit TV show Lost

Positives: This map has a really long and fun easter egg that is as close to BO2 as you are going to get, also makes you use certain weapons and equipment that is in the map before you can progress. This map is the first map to introduce the 31-79 JGb215 or as the community calls it the Shrink Ray or the Baby Maker from Shangri La. This map looks just like the area in Lost, I have never seen it but that's what i've been told. This map introduces a custom trap that can slice the zombies heads off and I also heard it is a recreation of the same trap in Lost. This map also introduces the Matryoshka Dolls from Ascension, this is another first for custom zombies. It has several easter eggs in the map that is devoted to Lost. It introduces 2 new perks, Ring of Fire, and Finders Keepers as well as having all WAW and BO perks as well. The hells retriever also returns, we have seen it in Piemans Rocket Base map and a few others, now there is a way to upgrade it to get the Redeemer. Also has 3 bossess, the avogrado from tranzit(first time seeing that), the napalm and screamer zombie from Shangri La(first time seeing the screamer but we have seen the napalm zombie before). Also the staffs from Origins is in this map as well.

Negatives: In the spawn area, you spawn in the Jungle, and there is a lot of foliage and trees, so it could make you lag if you do not have a good computer. This map is also made for the above average zombie slayer. Some of the bossess especially the Avogrado makes staying alive, especially on solo that much more difficult. I personally like maps that are hard and makes you stay on your toes but I know some people rage if they can't beat the map. That is all I could find for Negatives, the map doesn't really have too many bad things.

Level of Detail:7/10, It is a good recreation of the area in Lost but I think they went overboard with foliage and trees, I understand its a jungle but sometimes too much is a bad thing.

Custom Content:10/10, There is enough custom content on here to make your journey through the map, killing zombies, that much more fun. Between the custom traps, custom bossess, easter eggs, perks, weapons, there really is nothing holding you back.

Fun Scale:8/10, It is pretty fun to slay zombies throughout the map but with the difficulty and all the bossess that can sometimes spawn at once, it makes it hard to stay alive and that's its only downfall.

Replayability:9/10, Like I mentioned before, there is enough here to make you want to play it 20 times over to upgrade all the weapons, find good camp and train spots, and find a good strategy to beat the Easter Egg solo. Like all good  treyarch maps though, you could get sick to death of the map eventually.

Final Score:34/40

Conclusion: If you guys are trying to find a good custom map that is Treyarch standard and looks and feels like a good Treyarch map then your search is over cause this is as good as you can find. It has so many custom content and so many things to do and explore that you can have fun for days, until your parents start screaming at you at 3 in the morning to get off the computer and go to bed.

Download from the UGX Map Manager!!
Date Registered: 8 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Embers are the new lens flares
chromastone10's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
chromastone10's Contact & Social Linkschromastone10chromastone1chromastone10
the dolls I think where introduced first on pieman's christmas map I believe
The King of Zombies
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Dust's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
the dolls I think where introduced first on pieman's christmas map I believe

Really? I remember the Gersh Device being on that but I don't think I ever got the dolls on it.
Date Registered: 8 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Embers are the new lens flares
chromastone10's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
chromastone10's Contact & Social Linkschromastone10chromastone1chromastone10
I thought they where
Date Registered: 18 October 2013
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
InFInIX's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
InFInIX's Contact & Social Links
I thought they where
NO there where first on lost :)

and i think you can't call it 5. BO2 DLC :)
but it's your choice
The King of Zombies
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Dust's Groups
NO there where first on lost :)

and i think you can't call it 5. BO2 DLC :)
but it's your choice

I just used that as the headline since this map feels like a map straight out of BO2, and since theres been rumors of dlc5 i thought it fit it
Date Registered: 16 August 2013
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Giggity.
Signature
maps:
Undead Town
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2294.0 (Release)
Origins 1922
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2659.0
[WIP] mapping 39%, weapons 85%, scripts 65%
[/url]
RamboBadass's Groups
RamboBadass's Contact & Social LinksAsk merambobadassRamboDaGreat
Lol go my attention. And the map def feels like it too
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
I downloaded the map but never played incase of spoilers because I just started watching Lost on netflix
But I watched NGT zombies play the map discovery video, and I had to say I dont want to go every 2 seconds to stop a stupid countdown and possibly die every time.
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
I dont want to go every 2 seconds to stop a stupid countdown and possibly die every time.
Trust me bro, you will die a thousand times on this map especially if you are trying to complete the objectives, but the countdown won't be the cause of your deaths. Why not just play it and see for yourself...you may be pleasantly surprised.

Loading ...