Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
I did not come to create a map, I came to beat the sh*t out of yours!
x_xMayheMx_x's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
It is to bad it had to come to this conclusion. When I first joined ugx I was completely new to custom zombies and pc gaming all together. If it wasn't for a few members I had talked to in the chat lobby I would probably still be screaming at my pc  :lol: trying to figure out why I was getting these errors, luckily the chat was available and a couple of good guys gave me some advice on what to do to get things in proper working order! I completely understand your reasoning behind this, its just a shame that a few spoiled eggs ruined it for everyone new.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 24 August 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
x_xMayheMx_x's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Even though now that I'm 2 posts away from the 20 required for "full access" have you considered making exceptions for newer member's who have donated?
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
Even though now that I'm 2 posts away from the 20 required for "full access" have you considered making exceptions for newer member's who have donated?

this is actually a good point, its very unlikely trolls that want to bring down the site, will then donate and support the site, perhaps donators should be exempt from these new regulations
Date Registered: 22 September 2013
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Zombie Mapper and Gamer
Signature
My Custom Zombie Maps:

- Nazi zombie Legion
- City of Hell
- The Abandoned Mine
- The Last Undead House (Finished)

more custom zombie maps coming soon
gamer9294's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
gamer9294's Contact & Social Links
Hello treminaor,

I have a question about my account,

I see that you have a topic about the accounts and I know your point and it is a great idea and good plan :)

Sorry but I'm not spamming guy sorry, I'm making maps and need what help and sometimes I got problems but some one is help me out with a problem from the PM message but I can't reply back :(

I love this community forum website ;) and I like to help people out that have a problem if I can help :)
and I will also releashing maps here for everyone :)

is it possible that i get my full account back ? or is that not possible.

that is also the point that i have written here the message.

best regards,
Gamer9294
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
Hello treminaor,

I have a question about my account,

I see that you have a topic about the accounts and I know your point and it is a great idea and good plan :)

Sorry but I'm not spamming guy sorry, I'm making maps and need what help and sometimes I got problems but some one is help me out with a problem from the PM message but I can't reply back :(

I love this community forum website ;) and I like to help people out that have a problem if I can help :)
and I will also releashing maps here for everyone :)

is it possible that i get my full account back ? or is that not possible.

that is also the point that i have written here the message.

best regards,
Gamer9294

You got 20 posts now so you should be able to enjoy all the features of the forum without needing a moderators help
Date Registered: 22 September 2013
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Zombie Mapper and Gamer
gamer9294's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
gamer9294's Contact & Social Links
You got 20 posts now so you should be able to enjoy all the features of the forum without needing a moderators help

thank you very much  8)  ;)

best regards,
Gamer9294
Date Registered: 2 September 2013
Last active: 1 month ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Ping998
Signature
"My maps might not be the best looking, or the most hyped, but I still release them in hopes that they can make others somewhat happy"

- Ping
CreepersAreEpic's Groups
CreepersAreEpic's Contact & Social LinksPing998Ping998ZPing998CreepersAreAwesome
It's a good idea but it can be a disadvantage to people that have posted maps/content to this site which has been accepted. They may not be allowed to post replies on their own content? Also people such as myself are active on other sites as well,l so for example I have 49 posts on zombiemodding  AND 31 posts on GCZ.

I know you might be thinking "Well this is our site we don't care if you have posts on other sites" but please consider the fact that there are people like me who have contributed to this site by uploading content and helping users.

We would at least like to have our posts on our own content without authorisation.

Thank you for considering.
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
I know you might be thinking "Well this is our site we don't care if you have posts on other sites" but please consider the fact that there are people like me who have contributed to this site by uploading content and helping users.

These new conditions were not introduced to the forum lightly, and have only been done to deter recent troll users from spamming the forum and in the process, ruining good threads.

All we are asking is that new users have to submit a minimum of 20 posts over 4 days or more to move from a probationary period to a full member. This move has so far proved to be successful. All posts requiring authorisation are being seen to quickly and the site is now troll/spam free for the most part.

I don't think it is a great deal to ask if it means the forum remains clean and tidy. It is a feature that is already in-place on many other forums and works well there where people cannot get access to certain things like downloads to prevent leaching or certain areas of the forum that are for regular members only.

Either way, all posts made by members below the 20 post limit are usually authorised fairly quick, so it is a minor inconvinience at best for the user.
Date Registered: 18 October 2013
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
eliudjb's Groups
eliudjb's Contact & Social Linkseliudjbeliudjbeliudjb
I was thinking a similar idea because there's a lot of new guys who posts on WIP (as you mention) "Help! I can't find the download link", "Download link?", "Wheres the dowload link?", etc, etc. And it's annoying  >:(

And don't forget the kind of post who ask about how to play a map because it dont have a Solo start Button (Like Freefall's map Dome). We constantly repeated again, again and again that they need to open the console and that kind of things, but those guys don't read a sh*t.

What happen if a user who reached 20 approved posts became a spammer/troll user? In common sense, that will be banned, don't you?

And of course, you need to do a " Call of duty " to the users to report that kind of posts. :lol:

[UGX] Developer
Date Registered: 28 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
[UGX] Developer
Lukkie1998's Groups
UGX Team Member
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
2015 Participant
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
What happen if a user who reached 20 approved posts became a spammer/troll user? In common sense, that will be banned, don't you?

And of course, you need to do a " Call of duty " to the users to report that kind of posts. :lol:

Trollers and/or spammers who'll pass the 20 post limit, and start to spam again, will obviously be dealt with like before this new system. But there are (almost) no spammers who will take such an effort to spam after 4 days of posting serious comments.

Lukkie1998
Date Registered: 18 October 2013
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
eliudjb's Groups
eliudjb's Contact & Social Linkseliudjbeliudjbeliudjb
What if some new user want to post a WIP? I mean, In what way the user will let to administrators know? They cannot send a PM, Chat... like the user  "『 』". He already have a WIP Mod but he can't edit it anymore, because he has only 4 post.

I propose to you guys make an inbox for new users, where do requests or to make themselves known, proving that users are not spammers. This is in case they want to contribute from the first comment.

Another proposal would only Introductions section is enabled. So we can meet them and know how kind of user is.  :boss:

[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
What if some new user want to post a WIP? I mean, In what way the user will let to administrators know? They cannot send a PM, Chat... like the user  "『 』". He already have a WIP Mod but he can't edit it anymore, because he has only 4 post.

I propose to you guys make an inbox for new users, where do requests or to make themselves known, proving that users are not spammers. This is in case they want to contribute from the first comment.

Another proposal would only Introductions section is enabled. So we can meet them and know how kind of user is.  :boss:
I dont think some of you guys fully understand the system. New members are allowed to make any post or reply they want. However it does not become public immediately, it is invisible and all staff are notified of the invisible post. If we look it over and it does not appear to be spam then the post is approved and it becomes visible to the public. We did not take away posting privileges for anyone.
Date Registered: 25 July 2013
Last active: 9 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
TheProBas's Groups
TheProBas's Contact & Social Links
When will you be an approved poster? Because I have been around this site for over a year but never posted things. I used to chat a lot but now i am neither allowed to do that.

[UGX] Developer
Date Registered: 28 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
[UGX] Developer
Lukkie1998's Groups
UGX Team Member
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
2015 Participant
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
When will you be an approved poster? Because I have been around this site for over a year but never posted things. I used to chat a lot but now i am neither allowed to do that.
Like in the OP already mentioned, you'll become an approved member after you've posted 20 posts (All matching the forum rules of course). Everyone with less than 20 posts has to go through this.

Lukkie1998
Date Registered: 24 September 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
-Leask-'s Groups
-Leask-'s Contact & Social Links
Trem -

I have been a member since 2012 believe it or not. I never post topics or really comment on topics. I have started doing it now and its annoying waiting for a mod to confirm the comment. I really don't want to spam but If I went through 10+ W.I.P asking if there are any updates would that be classed as spam? Thanks.  :)

Loading ...