UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[29.5/40] Russian Base - Where will you be when you wake up completely hungover?

broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by tomikaze
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Creator: thezombiekilla6

Setting: Ok, so you wake up from a hard night's drinkin' and realize that you have somehow stumbled onto a Russian military base with the dead rising all around you (don't get all preachy and act like this has never happened to you before). With just a few scattered clues here and there it's up to you to survive long enough to make your way through the base and figure out how to make your escape.

Positives: This map is straight up a camper's paradise and brutha I love me some campin'! I'd recommend 2 players at least to really take advantage of these great camping spots but even with one person it's probably doable. Overall I'd say the maps looks really good with a bright daytime above ground area and a darker underground with almost sci-fi looking long narrow hallways. It's got BO1 perks and Double Tap 2.0 to go along with an arsenal of Black Ops 2 guns, baby! But it doesn't end there; thezombiekilla implements elemental ammo drops which takes down the zombies with hilarious and satisfying death animations – you will feel like a BOSS. Lastly, the objectives were quite enjoyable and even though most of them required you to search for things they were never impossibly hidden. There are even a couple steps that put me into panic mode when something happened that I wasn't expecting.

Negatives:  There were a few rooms where the detail was lacking severely especially in contrast to some of the other areas which were done so well. There are no real good training areas, so if that is your modus operandi then you may saddened to hear this.

Conclusion: This is a perfect example of a very solid map. I know that an early version of this map was kinda buggy but as it is now it plays well, it looks good, has variety, fun weapons, camping areas, fun objectives and a few things here and there that keep you on your toes. This is a must play in my book.

Level of Detail: 7/10
Custom Content: 7.5/10
Fun Scale: 8/10
Replayability: 7/10

Download: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4465.0
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
Good review Tomikaze! Glad you enjoyed it :D

Loading ...