Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Problem with the program?  READ THIS FAQ BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING.
This app allows you to download all UGX maps (and updates!) as well as community-made (non-UGX maps). This includes but is not limited to UGX Comosea, UGX Christmas, UGX Cabin, Zombie House, and Zombie Seelow.

Over 100,000 users served and counting!
This app requires .NET version 4 to run. .NET v4 can be downloaded from here.

This application has been updated to VERSION 1.4.4. This mandatory update adds a quick MOTY 2015 message to help support us in the contest. Thanks for your vote!

This update is mandatory.

UGX is proud to announce the UGX Map Manager! (previously known as the UGX Map Updater)

This app is the new way to obtain, update, and launch UGX Maps. Our goal was to make it as easy as possible for the community to see and download our maps and keep them updated. More maps will be added as they get released.

How to use:
Open the app. If you get some sort of warning from your anti-virus, ignore it. We don't know why programs like Norton pick it up as a virus but it's most likely due to the fact that it hasn't been scanned by Norton themselves, and because it has the ability to connect to the internet.

Once you open the app, on the left side you will see a list of available UGX maps that you do not already have the latest version of. If you would like to see all available maps, regardless of what version you have, press the Show all Maps button in the bottom left corner of the app.

Once you select a map to download from the left column, press the Download Map button on the right side of the screen. A loading bar will indicate the download's progress and show the download speed in kb/s.

After a map finishes downloading, you need not do anything more. The UGX Map Manager will automatically install the map's files for you. 

To launch a map or mod, click Tools from the menu bar of the application and click the map from the list that appears under Launch Maps.

Features:
  • Allows you to download + install UGX Maps in a one-click step
  • Shows a screenshot and full description of the map, as well as a link to the forum topic for the map
  • Automatically updates UGX Maps to their latest versions in a one-click step
  • Downloads files directly from the UGX site, meaning download links will never expire
  • Can download multiple maps at a time
  • Allows you to easily launch any installed WaW map (UGX and all others) from a convenient list
  • The program also will automatically update itself in a one-click step

This app is clean of any viruses or malware and does not do anything but download and install maps. Here are two links to different virus scans of the program:
Norton is picking up the program as a "threat" for some stupid reason. If you temporarily disable Norton's anti-virus for a few minutes, you will be able to download the program. We are working on a fix for this.

Screenshot:

Coded completely by [UGX] Aidan, so give him a pat on the back.

Changelog:

This application has been updated to VERSION 1.4.2. This optional update added more robust code for finding your CoDWaW installation. If the installation cannot be found, the program will ask you to locate your installation and then automatically repair your registry with the correct path value.

This application has been updated to VERSION 1.4.1. This update added an EU (Europe) mirror option to all map downloads. If you get slow speeds from our US server, try the EU one now. If you are not living in North or South America you should definitely use the EU mirror.

This application has been updated to VERSION 1.4.0. This update fixes a bug which may have prevented some users from connecting to the Map Manager server supposedly due to "firewall settings". This fix may also decrease program startup time for some users. More details about what the bug have been posted in the Map Manager forum topic.  Removed ModDB Top 100 voting. Thank you to everyone who participated! The results will be posted on the UGX forum once we have them.

This application has been updated to VERSION 1.3.9. This update adds ModDB Top 100 voting. Please make an additional vote so that we can be ranked within the Top 100 list!

This application has been updated to VERSION 1.3.8. This update removes the ModDB voting popup. Thank you for participating! Results will be posted on the forum when we have them.

This application has been updated to VERSION 1.3.7. This update simply adds an announcement for the ModDB Mod of the Year 2013 contest and fixes some other small grammatical errors in the program messages.

This application has been updated to VERSION 1.3.5. This update simply changes the wording of the "Uh oh - connection failed" error message. This will hopefully reduce the amount of people asking about the error on a daily basis since none of them read this thread first...

This application has been updated to VERSION 1.3.4. This update fixes a bug where, when the mods folder was manually chosen, the program would dump the map files into the mods folder instead of installing them properly.

This application has been updated to VERSION 1.3.3. This update redirects the Map Manager to a new server which should be down less frequently and have increased speeds. If you do not update to this version you will not be able to download any maps after June 6th, as that is the date where the v1.3.2 server goes permanently offline.

This application has been updated to VERSION 1.3.2. This update allows the Map Manager to use the new download server. The new server has more bandwidth and faster speeds. The old download server has been terminated, you must update to the latest Map Manager version to download maps.

This update is mandatory.

This application has been updated to VERSION 1.2.1. This mostly just fixes small bugs. It will also make the program start up faster.

This application has been updated to VERSION 1.2. We have added support for other maps then just UGX's maps. For the Beta Testers, you can download the betas of our maps from the program, not a Beta-Tester only version. It has a few other bug fixes and new features, too. Also, the program has been taken out of beta. That doesn't really mean anything, but I think it's been long enough to not be in beta anymore.

This application has been updated to VERSION 1.1. We have fixed a bug where anyone who has a system language other than English was not able to open the app. We have also fixed some other bugs with the program's functionality and some other errors that people were receiving. We are sorry for any trouble experienced during the last version of this app, but please remember that the app was entitled "App Manager (Beta)"  ;)
Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 02:57:37 pm by lukkie1998
:/2
broken avatar :(
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
apollokenney's Groups
apollokenney's Contact & Social Links
fucking norton thinks it is a virus  >:(
:coolsmiley:1
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Norton thinks everything is a virus  :-\

Does it give a reason why? It's possible that it was flagged because the Manager will place and delete files on your HD regarding the maps... I assure you the program is harmless.
Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 06:47:55 pm by treminaor
:2funny:2<31
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 5 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
N I C E
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
apollokenney's Groups
Norton thinks everything is a virus  :-\

Does it give a reason why? It's possible that it was flagged because the Manager will place and delete files on your HD regarding the maps... I assure you the program is harmless.
it says "fewer than 5 people have used this file...it is probably a virus"
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Norton is total bullshit... I let Aidan know but I'm not sure what we can do about it.
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
apollokenney's Groups
i downloaded it... had to turn off norton to do it though...
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
i downloaded it... had to turn off norton to do it though...
Yeah I mentioned that in the first post. Annoying...
Relentless Mapper
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Nuclear
Nuclear
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
don't work
:o1
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
don't work
lol? It works fine so what specifically doesn't work..
Relentless Mapper
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Nuclear
Nuclear
don't work
lol? It works fine so what specifically doesn't work..
sorry i not speak english i speak spanish
:2funny:2
Date Registered: 28 December 2011
Last active: 12 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
tjt922's Groups
tjt922's Contact & Social Links
I downloaded it and it worked but only let me download 3 maps that came with it plz respond and tell me what i'm doing wrong so i can import other maps in their so i can play them
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I downloaded it and it worked but only let me download 3 maps that came with it plz respond and tell me what i'm doing wrong so i can import other maps in their so i can play them
It's the UGX map manager, meaning it only downloads and updates UGX maps. You can launch your other maps from the Tools menu.
Date Registered: 29 December 2011
Last active: 11 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
HarbingerOfMe's Groups
HarbingerOfMe's Contact & Social Links
I Have norton, made it a trusted file, so other people will have less problems downloading it. But I do have an issue, it wants to update to version 1.0, but it crashes when trying to do so, it closes when not trying to do so. How do I fix this?

EDIT: fixed some typos
Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 12:08:24 pm by HarbingerOfMe
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I Have norton, made it a trusted file, so other people will have less problems downloading it. But I do have an issue, it wants to update to version 1.0, but it crashes when trying to do so, it closes when not trying to do so. How do I fix this?

EDIT: fixed some typos
Are you using the beta tester version or the version linked in this thread?

Loading ...