UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

"INFECTION WARD" - Zombie Hospital Map (WIP)

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 11 years ago
by W1NG3D
Former UGX Co-Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
UGX Co-Founder
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
W1NG3D's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX Co-Founder

Welcome to the Infection Ward!
This is my new personal project for World at War zombies, and I intend to spend a lot of time making it truly epic. :) The map will be set in an overrun, abandoned hospital building which naturally will offer a lot of close-quarters gameplay. Tight corridors and clutterred rooms won't be the only playable spaces though, since you'll also be able to enjoy roaming around the building in a large parking lot, as well as under a bridge near a crashed train and even on the rooftop of the building!

I am currently planning to include the UGX Standalone Mod in Infection Ward, and in addition to the unique map with custom models and textures, will create an awesome zombie survival experience. The addition of modern weapons, as well as various assets, will take this map well out of World at War's typical WWII-based setting and throw players into the modern world, full of infected zombie hordes!

New Early In-Game Screenshots! (added 1st Feb)

As you can see there are already custom textures for the map, including the hospital sign above - I'll be making a lot of assets like this in order to create an immersive and unique environment. For this map I would also like to pay very close attention to detail, and will be spending a fair amount of time simply poring over reference images from the internet (as well as real-life buildings I see on a daily basis). For example, the hospital sign texture I created was strongly based on the NHS signs for English public hospitals, and is stylised in a very similar way:

Unfortunately for now those are the only screenshots I can offer as progress on the actual .map is fairly minimal, but I have a decent idea of the layout and atmosphere which I want to achieve and hope to release the map at some stage in 2013. I will be updating this post with new screenshots and information as frequently as I can, but since this is a personal project in my spare time, there will most likely be periods of inactivity :poker:

Please, as always, post ideas and feedback in your replies, it's great to hear what the community thinks and it's very helpful for mapping too. :)
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 7 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
COOL!  :D :D :D
Date Registered: 21 August 2012
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombie slayer
Signature
Dns_Hypnotik's Groups
coooooooooooooooooooooooooool :lol:
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
epicness, is happening  :D
Date Registered: 5 August 2012
Last active: 10 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Shut up, clock in, and load up
Signature
My maps:
Kino der toten (remake) | Shinra Ops | Moon | Thorvik | Oldie | Gateway | Ward | NeoBase | Devastation
A-Grand's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
A-Grand's Contact & Social Links
Looks nice! I love the details :D
Former UGX Co-Founder
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
UGX Co-Founder
My Groups
More
More
W1NG3D's Groups
UGX Co-Founder
Small updates to the starting area:

Top-down layout with red annotations to show future additions:

Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 7 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
Small updates to the starting area:

(Image removed from quote.)

Top-down layout with red annotations to show future additions:

Cool!
[UGX] Founder
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I wondered what would become of that map - glad to see its development is in full force now. Looks great so far!
Date Registered: 25 June 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Fallout Assault Center - Released!

Z ASYLUM - WIP  https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,15236.msg150610.html#msg150610

Xbl, psn, and steam username is nickst98
nickst98's Groups
all these new map wips, looks like there may be some cod days left here. nice map. starting back fac in a few days.
Former UGX Co-Founder
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
UGX Co-Founder
My Groups
More
More
W1NG3D's Groups
UGX Co-Founder
Decided to rename the map to "Infection Ward" as I feel it's more original/unique. This was also a good excuse to make a new logo which I'll be using from now on :D

Date Registered: 25 June 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
nickst98's Groups
Decided to rename the map to "Infection Ward" as I feel it's more original/unique. This was also a good excuse to make a new logo which I'll be using from now on :D

+1
Date Registered: 7 August 2012
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
knzombiemaster's Contact & Social LinksNiklas3411gangxta987
looks very cool map when realese ?? and do you use the ugx mod ??
Former UGX Co-Founder
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
UGX Co-Founder
My Groups
More
More
W1NG3D's Groups
UGX Co-Founder
looks very cool map when realese ?? and do you use the ugx mod ??

I don't have an accurate estimate for a completion time at this stage, so I've no idea what a release date could look like. I plan to use the UGX Standalone Mod in this map. :)
Former UGX Co-Founder
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
UGX Co-Founder
My Groups
More
More
W1NG3D's Groups
UGX Co-Founder
Just did some hasty preparations to make the map compilable and run in-game, so I could take some screenshots which aren't in Radiant :)

Obviously this is far, far from completion. I only added in a few lights to make the area seem a bit more natural so a lot more tweaking is needed on that front. As you can see I also forgot to include a couple of custom textures which is why there are a few very white brushes and patches :P This was really to get more of a feel for the map in-game so I can focus on building a distinct atmosphere, though at this point I'm not even sure I want to stick with a night-time setting. Let me know what you think :D
Date Registered: 6 August 2012
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
TMG Modeller and Animator
Signature
Current W.I.P Map
nazi_zombie_ash (the name may change)
Map Progress:
65%

Need help with guns, sounds or models send me a PM
P0rkRoyalz's Groups
P0rkRoyalz's Contact & Social Linksa13xm33P0rkRoyalzP0rkRoyalz
whoa, this is great man i love the sign for the hospital, i think you should keep it as a night time setting. keep up the awesome work, cant wait to see the end result!!  :D

Loading ...