Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Frequently Asked Questions

1. Do I need Call of Duty: World at War to play UGX-Mods content?
-Yes. You may purchase the game from Steam or from an online retailer such as Amazon.

2. The Manager gives me an unhandled exception when I try to run it or install a map/mod.
-Considering this program has worked successfully more than 100,000 times for thousands of users you start to wonder what could possibly be going wrong for a handful of people. It usually boils down to an abnormal computer setup, an improperly installed or pirated copy of WaW, etc. Rarely is it ever a problem with our program any more. Verify that you have installed World at War correctly and that you installed it from a valid source such as Steam or the DVD release of the game.

3. I tried to install a map but it isn't appearing in my mods list in WaW and the map still appears in the map list of the Manager.
-Run the Map Manager as Administrator (Right Click UGX Map Manager.exe and click "Run as Administrator". After you finish downloading a map you might notice the map list flickering or flashing - please wait for this to finish before closing the Map Manager or trying to play the map - it is still copying files during this period and if you close it the files will be deleted or corrupt.

4. I installed a map using the Manager but when I try to play the map, it gives me a script error window during loading OR the map has unusual problems such as constant reloading or no zombies spawning.

-You most likely have "loose files" in your mods folder.
Check your
Code Snippet
Plaintext
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\mods
folder and make sure it ONLY contains folders. Avoid having ANY loose files such as in this example:

If your directory does not have any loose files, then most likely the Map Manager does not have permission to put files in your mods folder. Make sure you are running the program as an administrator by right clicking the .exe and clicking "Run As Administrator". Then try downloading the map in question again.

5. I tried to run the manager and it said: "To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v4.0.30319
contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining appropriate version of the .NET Framework."

-Your computer does not have the .NET Framework v4. Download it here: .NET Framework v4

Was your question answered? If not, reply to this post and someone will try to help you.
Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 11:31:49 pm by SajeOne
:'(2:ugxmods:1
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 15 February 2013
Last active: 10 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
ChewyRev's Groups
ChewyRev's Contact & Social Links
i run the manager and it says to update to 1.3.1 so i click yes.
it gives a progress bar and then says finished updating but when i run it again it does the same thing over and over
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
i run the manager and it says to update to 1.3.1 so i click yes.
it gives a progress bar and then says finished updating but when i run it again it does the same thing over and over
Delete your UGX Map Manager.exe file and download a fresh one from this site.
Date Registered: 15 February 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
ChewyRev's Groups
ChewyRev's Contact & Social Links
ive deleted and downloaded several times and i get the same result.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
ive deleted and downloaded several times and i get the same result.
Try again, I updated the download link.
Date Registered: 8 March 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
TACOBRO's Groups
TACOBRO's Contact & Social Links
okay so i got that map manager thing, and downloaded some maps i got the christmas one first and it worked i was playing it so i left it and downloaded cabin, and comosea. i played cabin and it worked. i went to try comosea and i got this, server script compile error, could not find script maps/ugx_cabin( please see console for details) now i know you have a answer to this for one of your FAQ's but i can not find that folder it doesnt exist no world at war or mods, so im stuck and i was wondering if you could help me here it would be greatly appreciated!
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
okay so i got that map manager thing, and downloaded some maps i got the christmas one first and it worked i was playing it so i left it and downloaded cabin, and comosea. i played cabin and it worked. i went to try comosea and i got this, server script compile error, could not find script maps/ugx_cabin( please see console for details) now i know you have a answer to this for one of your FAQ's but i can not find that folder it doesnt exist no world at war or mods, so im stuck and i was wondering if you could help me here it would be greatly appreciated!
#4 of the FAQ: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=526.0
Date Registered: 10 March 2013
Last active: 11 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
mapurcell's Groups
mapurcell's Contact & Social Links
I run as administrator but it still shows the maps on the manager but are not listed ingame, and will not run the maps.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I run as administrator but it still shows the maps on the manager but are not listed ingame, and will not run the maps.
They are not being installed properly then. Are you running a legal copy of World at War?
Date Registered: 10 March 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
mapurcell's Groups
mapurcell's Contact & Social Links
They are not being installed properly then. Are you running a legal copy of World at War?
I have a disc copy from when they were first released and I don't see how it's not installing right.
Date Registered: 19 March 2013
Last active: 9 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
More
Lilnaruto1204's Groups
Lilnaruto1204's Contact & Social LinksDarian Matthew Flynnlil1liltitsLilnaruto1204FatalPonyBoy
It keeps telling me that my Internet and stuff does not have a good connection. My computer has good connection. I need help. :alone:
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
It keeps telling me that my Internet and stuff does not have a good connection. My computer has good connection. I need help. :alone:
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=49.msg5680#msg5680
Date Registered: 13 May 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
jack82jk's Groups
jack82jk's Contact & Social Links
hi all, this is my firts post (just registered) and I have a stupid problem  :derp:

First of all, I've discovered UGX by watching NGT on youtube and I love you!!  :rainbow:

Here is my problem: when I launch "UGX map manager" I get:

"Could not connect to the internet. Your internet connection is currently unavailable, or our map data is currently unavailable"

But now I'm writing this post then my connection is up.

Should I open/forward any port on my router?  :nyan:
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
hi all, this is my firts post (just registered) and I have a stupid problem  :derp:

First of all, I've discovered UGX by watching NGT on youtube and I love you!!  :rainbow:

Here is my problem: when I launch "UGX map manager" I get:

"Could not connect to the internet. Your internet connection is currently unavailable, or our map data is currently unavailable"

But now I'm writing this post then my connection is up.

Should I open/forward any port on my router?  :nyan:
Please make sure you do not have a firewall blocking the program.
Date Registered: 13 May 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
jack82jk's Groups
jack82jk's Contact & Social Links
for sure not in my computer, but it's an office computer and i'm pretty sure there's a firewall in the intranet  :P

Loading ...