Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
This is a guide for how to play the custom maps you find on this website.

1) You need Call of Duty: World at War. If you don't have it, you need to buy it. We do not support pirated copies and people often run into problems with them.

You can buy the steam version here: BUY CALL OF DUTY WORLD AT WAR FROM STEAM
You can also buy the DVD disc version from eBay or Amazon if you like, either will work.

If you don't buy the Steam version, you will need to install all game patches up to 1.7. It is recommended to just buy the Steam version. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE DVD PATCHES HERE

2) You need to download the UGX Map Manager. You can download it HERE and read how to use it HERE. Additional maps can be found throughout the releases section.

3) Now you can play the maps you installed in Step 2. To play the maps, either use the Launch menu in the UGX Map Manager or boot your game and click the Mods button from the main menu. Once in the menu you will see a list of maps that have been installed to your mods folder, highlight the mod you would like to play and hit "Launch".

Don't fret if after launching the mod it's seems to bring you back to the main menu. You can tell you have a mod launched by clicking "mods" and having an option called "Launch without mods", implying you already have one loaded.

4) If the map has a solo button feel free to click it to begin playing. If not then you are required to use a console command to launch the map. Open the console by pressing the tilde or "~" key, it is located below the Esc button. If no command bar appears at the top of the screen this means you do not have the console enabled, to enable it set "Options & Controls>Game Options>Enable Console" to yes.

Once you have the console bar open at the top of the game's window you can type this simple command below and press ENTER to begin playing:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
map *MAPNAME*
*MAPNAME* - The name of the map you are looking to play. Ex:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
map nazi_zombie_420

If you have completed the above steps correctly, then congratulations you are playing your first custom zombie map!

If you would like to learn more about what custom maps are currently in development by the community, click HERE. If you would like to learn more about maps that have already been released by the community, click HERE. If you would like to learn more about maps that have already been released by the UGX team, click HERE.
Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 06:44:01 pm by lukkie1998
:ugxl:1
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 10 November 2013
Last active: 9 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
amolloy94's Groups
amolloy94's Contact & Social Links
How do I download from a map thread? And more importantly, I want Ski Resort (BO1 Summit) and Cheese Cube but the links from NGTZombies seem to be broken
Date Registered: 2 May 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Hi.
90Dboy's Groups
90Dboy's Contact & Social Links
How do I download from a map thread? And more importantly, I want Ski Resort (BO1 Summit) and Cheese Cube but the links from NGTZombies seem to be broken
Have you tried signing up for the site where the map is located? ZM requires that.
Date Registered: 10 November 2013
Last active: 9 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
amolloy94's Groups
amolloy94's Contact & Social Links
Yeah I'm signed in...I still can't figure out how to download from this site Just the UGX Map Manager, but that doesn't have everything

Post Merge: November 13, 2013, 08:33:15 pm
Ok, I've found some download links...but isn't there an easier way to find maps that you can download? (I click maps, and it just takes you to the forum where you have to sort out everything to find an actual map) Also anyone know where Ski Resort (BO1 Summit) is...the link says UGX-Mods.com but it just goes to the forum but not the map
Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 08:33:15 pm by amolloy94
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Yeah I'm signed in...I still can't figure out how to download from this site Just the UGX Map Manager, but that doesn't have everything

Post Merge: November 13, 2013, 08:33:15 pm
Ok, I've found some download links...but isn't there an easier way to find maps that you can download? (I click maps, and it just takes you to the forum where you have to sort out everything to find an actual map) Also anyone know where Ski Resort (BO1 Summit) is...the link says UGX-Mods.com but it just goes to the forum but not the map

The download manager has all of the maps approved by the UGX team for download. click the map you want then click the "download" button(forgot what it's called) in the upper middle right corner.
Date Registered: 1 December 2013
Last active: 10 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
BurritoBandito's Contact & Social Links
I just Downloaded UGX and I wanted to try it out. To my suprise it didn't work :o The map mnager says exactly this: Unable to connect to the UGX-Mods Download server.Check Windows Firewall settings and allow map manager. So i did But it still doesn't work could someone make a detailed written way to fix this or maybe a youtube video that they could link?
Thanks -BurritoBandito
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I just Downloaded UGX and I wanted to try it out. To my suprise it didn't work :o The map mnager says exactly this: Unable to connect to the UGX-Mods Download server.Check Windows Firewall settings and allow map manager. So i did But it still doesn't work could someone make a detailed written way to fix this or maybe a youtube video that they could link?
Thanks -BurritoBandito
The only thing that could be the problem is a firewall or antivirus blocking the program from connecting to the internet. The server is currently online and there are no issues with connection at this time.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Do you think you could guide me through how to get it working ?
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Do you think you could guide me through how to get it working ?
I don't know what firewall or antivirus you have, but you should be able to figure out how to add an exception to it with a Google search.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
I use the default Windows firewall and avg free antivirus
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
I tried both of those but it still doesn't work :( Could you suggest something else? Also when is 1.2 coming out?
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I tried both of those but it still doesn't work :( Could you suggest something else? Also when is 1.2 coming out?
It's v1.1, and it will be out *soon*. We have to release it to donors for testing first, which I aim to do before the end of December.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Do you think you could give me a new download link and i could try that?
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Do you think you could give me a new download link and i could try that?
If you meant the Map Manager version and not UGX Mod, we do not have a release date for the new version yet, and sending you a new exe is never going to help because the problem is on your computer.

Loading ...