My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Still Kickin'
Signature

Andy Whelan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Andy Whelan's Contact & Social LinksAndyWhelanAndyWhelan01AndyWhelan
[31/40]Black Ops 2 Town (Remake) – Memories Come Flooding
Mapper: IZaRTaX
Synopsis/ Introduction: Before I joined the UGX MODS site and before I had World at War I played Black Ops 2 for countless hours. There were three maps I always played out of the 12 that there were. These maps were Origins, Mob of the Dead and the infamous Town. When I joined UGX and saw that someone (MZslayer11) was remaking WaW I was immediately hooked on the map excited for the updates when they came out. So when I found that another person released a Town remake I downloaded it quickly. When I first launched it my WaW continually crashed so I couldn’t play till a few hours ago. As soon as I was in-game I was astonished by how exact it was to the original. All the memories came flooding back to me, it was nostalgia.
Pros: The map is almost to the bone exact, it was crazy. Especially coming from someone who I have never noticed there work, mainly because I don’t have CoD4 on computer. The lava was BO2 style, and little bits of detail that was in the BO2 version were no doubt also found in this version, even the intro was the same. The ambient music is pretty cool and different. And finally, the best part of the map, The Mob of the Dead Easter Egg. It was round 15 and I was stuck with shit weapons, I had just heard a weird MotD sound which was weird, I slacked it off as a little mistake in the scripts but then I went in the bank. I found a trigger and activated it, the MotD shower sounds and effect rolled in then text appeared on the screen talking about a plane. I ran around and found it, the MotD Plane. I boarded it straight away and was taken on a trip to the Cafeteria! I was so excited at this point, two of my favourites map in the one.
Cons: There isn’t much to go against in this map, some minor errors include having the character model of Misty but voiced by Dempsey, don’t get points knifing burning zombies, barely any power ups were dropping, the MP5 wallbuy says it costs 500 but really costs 1000. Beginning with 0 points was annoying but not too bad. Some game modes like Chao Mode would be cool, and the power ups and original perks weren’t BO2 shaders though Stamin-Up and Electric Cherry had them.

Reflection:  It is amazing how people are bringing things from newer CoD’s and even other games to a 7 year old CoD. I was glad to see and play this, the BO2 elements were very cool

Level of Detail: 10/10: The  minor bits of detail are near exact to the BO2 version
Custom Content: 6/10: Not to much Custom other than weapons and MotD references
Fun Scale: 8/10: Great fun with mates, would be better with some game modes though
Replayability: 7/10: Can play again and again.

Overall Score:  31/40

Download link: *DOWNLOAD LINK IS SAID TO BE BROKEN* http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=6950.0
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Good review Andy, it's easy to tell your love for this map and thanks for highlighting some of the important details like the EE.
Date Registered: 10 June 2015
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
ItzRyanOMG's Groups
ItzRyanOMG's Contact & Social Links
Great review Andy! You go into some prime detail about this map! Can't wait to play it for myself.

Loading ...