Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

This map was created, from what I can tell, by a mapper named DeCap. Unfortunately I don't know of any other maps he has made.

Setting: Takes place in a large bank in Berlin, Germany. While I originally thought it might have been inspired by the famous Berlin Bank heist in 1995. The date at the beginning of the map compels me to believe that it has more to do with the fall of Berlin in 1945.

Positives: Where to begin? It's got auto turrets, mortars, satchel charges, a custom vending machine, custom textures and custom FX as well as being one of the first maps to have rain, thunder and lightning. By round 3 the zombies in this map are insanely fast and many times will flood in from one spawn area depending on where in the map you are located. The first time I saw 15 zombies hurtle a piece of office furniture and rush me I felt legitimately afraid and completely in awe at the same time. The map also has 3 stories of playable area including the well-crafted last stand area designed with 3-4 players in mind. Really the whole map looks great and the atmosphere is just perfect. Also playable with the Realism Mod and is another great map for leveling up quickly.

Negatives: Some people may not like the super fast zombies and really once a round starts there is no down time, so be sure to make a crawler if you want a break otherwise you'll be curling your toes so tightly they'll be stabbing into the bottom of your feet. The map also doesn't have a PAP machine, but other than that I really can't think of anything to complain about.

Conclusion: I love almost everything about this map and being able to play it with Realism is a great addition. If you don't like this map I might just hate you. It represents everything that is right about zombies in my opinion; huge good looking facility, breakneck pace, never feeling safe and the perfect level of difficulty. I am truly glad this map was made, just sucks that it doesn't have the UGX Mod on it. Will I play it again? Yes, I'll probably deposit a few hours into it right now and so should you.

Level of Detail: 8/10
Custom Content: 4/10
Fun Scale: 10/10
Replayability: 9/10

Score: 31/40

Download
http://www.gamefront.com/files/13989669

Loading ...