More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Welcome to Cryogenic, the map made by a person called Midget Blaster, which, although the map is called cryogenic, features nothing that would relate it to the preservation act this map is named after. This map was also one of the 1st maps that I played with my mates, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. But, it’s time to get serious, and break this map down into the pro’s and con’s that you came to read.
Pros: Within this map, it has the buyable weapons that everybody tries their hardest to get, such as the Galil and Thundergun, as these are featured as wall weapons within the map. To add to that, the Thundergun is actually free, as well as a buyable AE4, which, although a real weapon within Call of Duty’s universe, isn’t official within World at War, so the custom AE4 still does the job as it supplies plenty of firepower fresh off the wall.
Another useful feature within this map is the inclusion of an Armoury, Which is jam-packed full of god-like weapons, such as the Thundergun, Scavenger, AE4 and Blundergat, which, by the way, all of the weapons are free and are already pack-a-punched, which is extremely useful for when you need the extra firepower (or if you’re just wanting to have some fun with really powerful weapons).
Also, a feature that isn’t so common is the addition of buying yourself some elemental ammo, which, although I didn’t actually get a chance to buy it (it glitched for me) it seemed to me, that it was an intriguing idea as a feature, another feature, which is actually a double-edged sword, is the inclusion of the common-place buyable max ammo, which does as everybody knows does, refills all ammo for everything.
The last pro on my list is the inclusion of 3 custom characters, The Tourette’s Guy, Window’s easy access narrator, A character who goes into a verbal rage, and Richtofen, as it just rounds it out. These felt like a fresh start to zombies, as this made people move away from listening to the same old boring Der Riese quotes, and enjoy listening to the random things the characters would happen to say in certain situations.

Now sadly, not every map is perfect, so it’s time to state the cons of this map.
Cons: I personally feel as if the mapper is trying too hard to please with all the custom weaponry, as it feels like every custom weapons that you receive from the box, is as good as a wonder weapon, as everything just seems to melt any zombie who is unlucky enough to be in front of you, taking away the joy of receiving a really good weapon, like when you first get the WunderWaffe on Der Riese or Shi No Numa.
The map quickly becomes boring, because after buying literally 2 perks (Jugg, Double Tap 2.0), you can survive for as long as your heart desires, because every gun just melts all that stood before you, as stated before. Plus the sole boxes aren’t even worth doing, as you can just get the exact same weapon from within the armoury, which you can open easily buy using the Bank (which basically becomes a money fountain after a few visits).
The Zombie blood drop, although useful by giving you god mode, isn't very useful when it causes you to be swamped the Verruckt sprinters, which leads to your doom. It also makes your screen a dark shade of Red, which blinds the peripherals of your screen, making you easier to get blindsided by a zombie.
Another con that I found in this map is the complete clusterfuck of item strewn throughout the map, there are just vehicles, Barrels, ice lakes, houses just dropped left, right and centre throughout the map.
And the final Con on this map, is the buyable max ammo. It makes the ammo buy on the ground (which is 2500) completely useless, as you can spend half the money to fly to the Pack-a-Punch and buy a Max ammo, therefore making it obsolete.

Final Verdict
Level Detail: 7/10. Definitely could’ve had more detail, but it definitely could’ve been more worse off that it was.
Custom Content: 10/10. You bet your bottom dollar that there is custom content in this map. Everything from the voices to the Knife is custom.
Fun Scale: 4/10. Fun in this map quickly dies down after the initial rounds, as it just becomes tedious.
Replayability: 2/10. There really isn’t any replayability to this map, as once you’ve completed the map, done the sole boxes and opened the armoury at least once, you really don’t have any other ambition to play this map ever again.
Overall Score: 23/40

Download Link: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/?topic=5860.0
Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 10:09:31 pm by JiffyNoodles
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 23 November 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombie Slayer Elite
Gabrielle's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Gabrielle's Contact & Social LinksTutorialZoneNL
Worst thing of all: dogs that randomly stops spawning...  :rainbow:
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
Jesus is everybody a map reviewer now lol.  I would reccomend putting a bit of space between the sections. It just makes it easier to follow and looks better. Other than that nice review ;)
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Jesus is everybody a map reviewer now lol.  I would reccomend putting a bit of space between the sections. It just makes it easier to follow and looks better. Other than that nice review ;)
Yeah, I know right? :please: also, thanks man, much appreciated
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
Congrats on the Map Reviewer status!
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime
Good review! I can appreciate how in-depth you went, although as someone else already said, more line spacing would be very nice indeed.

One suggestion for your pros-and-cons category -- I would've placed the abundance of powerful wallbuys and WW's under "Cons" or a "Neutral" category. That's because you later specifically mention the map being too easy because of the weapons, so putting said powerful weapons as a pro first is somewhat confusing.

In fact, I think that it'd be a good idea to put powerful weapons and easy gameplay in a "Neutral" category for all future reviews because it's a pro for some people and a con for others.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
as a solution to that, (not for this map, but as a idea for others)

I thought we could add a difficulty type mode (not hard to do) and have certain wallbuys disabled/removed/enabled depending on the difficulty you pick

That way, casual and hardcore can each have their own way I guess :)
True Blue Elite
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Good review! I can appreciate how in-depth you went, although as someone else already said, more line spacing would be very nice indeed.

One suggestion for your pros-and-cons category -- I would've placed the abundance of powerful wallbuys and WW's under "Cons" or a "Neutral" category. That's because you later specifically mention the map being too easy because of the weapons, so putting said powerful weapons as a pro first is somewhat confusing.

In fact, I think that it'd be a good idea to put powerful weapons and easy gameplay in a "Neutral" category for all future reviews because it's a pro for some people and a con for others.
Thanks for tips Shotgun, much appreciated, and thanks for the compliments (to everybody)
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Reviews are your own personal opinion. Everything should be in either a pro or con category and then explain why you put it there. If you can't give your opinion with confidence then you shouldn't be a reviewer, you should be a politician instead.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Reviews are your own personal opinion. Everything should be in either a pro or con category and then explain why you put it there. If you can't give your opinion with confidence then you shouldn't be a reviewer, you should be a politician instead.
Too many people are getting Reviewer title these days, you should get reviewer Elite; your reviews are the only ones I can trust :P
True Blue Elite
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Too many people are getting Reviewer title these days, you should get reviewer Elite; your reviews are the only ones I can trust :P
Thanks stevie... :'(
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Thanks stevie... :'(
This was a decent and fair review though I guess, I haven't played the map but from what I've seen it sounds about right.
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime
That's a valid point. However, in a similar vein to what you're saying, I feel like everyone wants something different from reviews.

I (personally) like my reviews as objective and free from biased personal opinion as possible. Simply stating the game/map pulls off this mechanic well, or doesn't pull off this other mechanic well. I feel like giving readers a good analysis of what the thing is and then assessing it based on what it's trying to be/who it's trying to appeal to is better than simply stating "Yeah, I didn't like it because it didn't suit my tastes."

For example, I really do not like RTS games. However, if I had to review one, I wouldn't say "It was boring, slow, and a waste of time." I would instead try to analyze it from the perspective of someone who DOES like RTS games, focusing on the gameplay balance, attention to detail, and game length. These are all (relatively) objective things that would give an RTS fan a good idea of whether it would suit his taste in the genre.

Difficulty is a similar thing. Unless the game is absurdly unbalanced, I don't think that difficulty should be a positive or negative in a review. I've seen map reviews deduct points for difficulty, which always makes me cringe. Just because the map was too difficult for the reviewer doesn't mean it's too difficult for everyone else. Furthermore, difficult maps are made for people who like difficult maps, and these maps often come with a warning on the label saying "This is a difficult/challenging map." Why dock review points from something that's clearly doing it's job for its intended audience?

So yes, in closing, I feel like difficulty and other such things should be considered neutral and readers should be simply allowed to make up their own mind whether or not they want something tough.

And for what it's worth, I have read most, if not all, of your reviews and thoroughly enjoyed them. However, this is simply my personal belief on how reviews should be done. The fact that reviews are often in a highly opinionated tone (and even worse, done by people who don't like the entire genre/style of what they're reviewing) is the reason I very rarely take reviews seriously and stick to raw footage.
Date Registered: 26 December 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Have a disc copy of W@W, which is why steam doesn't display it
WaW: XxIceBearxX
Steam: Nightmare_Pie
Black Ops 3 Emblems
mxtxm's Groups
mxtxm's Contact & Social LinksNightmare_Pie
I agree with this review. Once I got through all the soul boxes, got the 100k door opened, and bought the ending there really isnt anything else to do. Also forget jugg and double tap, you can actually survive only on stamin-up, as it makes you really fast.
Date Registered: 18 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Limits like fear are often an illusion.
Signature
freefire1990's Groups
I take back all my words about you being a map reviewer! Thats what you call a review ;D great job

Loading ...