More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Welcome to Hijacked, the Famous Black Ops 2 Multiplayer map that amazed people as to how the Dogs boarded the boat, is now in Zombies. This map was launched into initial love, as people fell for the initial screenshots of the Majestic boat in Action while slaying zombies. Now, let’s get into the pros and cons of this map.

PROS: External design in on point. This map was based of Hijacked, and it definitely show’s off everything that gave the map its well-known look. The boat looks great from the outside, giving off the nostalgia feel of playing zombies on a well-loved map.

Buy-able perk slots: This is a nice change, as it allows the user to easily buy extra perk slots if needed. This can help when you have excess cash that need spending, so you empty your pockets on perk slots and perks themselves.

Unlimited Ammo Drop: Although not an original Idea, it’s nice to see it return once again as it gives people the excuse to run their weapons that don’t have much ammo, such as the Thundergun and LSAT.

But, no map is perfect, so let’s move into the cons for this map

CONS: Buyable perk slots. This is a double-edged sword, as this also makes it too easy for players to have extra perks, maybe if he made where you had to shoot 3 items to earn a perk slot, it would’ve been more rewarding, but as it was buyable, it felt too easy.

Weapons felt weird. All guns that weren’t from either Black Ops 1 or MW2 felt weird to use, as they just didn’t sit right with me. For example, I personally love the SVU-AS, but in this map it felt clumsy and slow and I just didn’t like it.

Interior is shocking. In case you weren’t aware, the Original Hijacked is a modern-day 2025 luxury Yacht, with interior to remind you of that. But not in this version, it appears to have a cross between something that was deemed stylish in World War 2, and modern design, which is pretty disgusting as you can’t simply blend the two eras together and expect good results.

Areas are blocked off/changed from the original. Although this map was an outcry from the community for a Hijacked map, this map just completely ruins the internal layout of the map, for example, in the upstairs room closest to the back of the boat, it is only a 1 room area, when in the original, it supposed to be a room, connected by a hallway to a balcony out the back, overlooking the back of the boat, plus, at the other end of the boat, in front of the helicopter pad and 2 other boats, is meant to be 2 rooms, 1 being separated by a wall, but that didn’t happen either, it just became 1 big room. Another area that was blocked off was the lounge area in the middle (the little room on the side) which I still don’t understand why. And you know what really hurt me, was the fact you couldn’t go beneath the boat into the engine room, As whenever I play Hijacked in BO2, I love running underneath the boat and surprising the enemy, but in this map, it would’ve been nice to possibly gone down there and have some fun.

Gameplay felt slow. In areas, the spawns would be too far away, allowing the player to chill before getting into any trouble at all. For me in this case, I was camping upstairs (in the bridge before the helipad and Boats) and the zombies didn’t really spawn upstairs at all, the only ones came from downstairs in a line that I could just shoot straight without having to move.

Final Verdict
Level Detail: 5/10.external Detail, spot on, internal detail, well, I’ve seen worse, but could’ve been better.
Custom Content: 7/10. One thing this map has going for it, it is loaded with custom content.
Fun Scale: 3/10. After the initial excitement, this map gets boring rather quickly.
Replayability: 3/10. This map lacks any purpose to come back to it, it’s one of those maps you play once, say that you played it, and only play it with your mates when you want to mess around on it.
Overall Score: 18/40

Download Link: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7524.0.html
Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 12:13:09 am by JiffyNoodles
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Nicely written ;)

As usual, these review continue to get me through my intolerably boring graveyard-shift at work lol
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Nicely written ;)

As usual, these review continue to get me through my intolerably boring graveyard-shift at work lol
Thank you, and no worries
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
but im bored again now... get back on the job! lol ;)
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
I think the level of detail score was a bit too high. Most of the exterior of the boat is probably models that he had to piece together and the interior was not even close to the original and it looked like he spent very little time on them. Other than that, nice review.  ;)
True Blue Elite
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
I think the level of detail score was a bit too high. Most of the exterior of the boat is probably models that he had to piece together and the interior was not even close to the original and it looked like he spent very little time on them. Other than that, nice review.  ;)
there's a reason for only 5/10, it all came from the exterior look, the interior, as i mentioned, is completely butchered.
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 4 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Signature
The greatest failure is not to try and fail, but is to fail without trying.
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
Your last review wasn't like this one. I think this one is perfect, good job
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 8 February 2015
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Still Kickin'
Signature

Andy Whelan's Groups
Andy Whelan's Contact & Social LinksAndyWhelanAndyWhelan01AndyWhelan
Colour me impressed. This is a pretty good review ;)
Date Registered: 29 July 2014
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
This is war. Survival is your responsibility.
Azado24's Groups
Azado24's Contact & Social LinksAzado24Azado24
To: JiffyNoodles

I have been waiting for a zombified version of hijacked for a while, just like the rest of the community, but thanks to your review I now know to wait for someone else to try their luck at recreating the map. This review helped me immensely, personally it does not sound too fun (especially when the final score was only 18/40). Take care friend!

- Alex
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Your last review wasn't like this one. I think this one is perfect, good job

Everyone starts off differently, nobody has same style for eternity. Guess Jiffy learned from past, good review :)
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Good review and on the nail with the cons. I love Hijacked (MP) so was pretty excited to see a zombie remake but after watching NGT play it for a bit I was left very disappointed. The detailing is pretty poor considering the actual ship is brilliantly replicated.

Hopefully the mapper brings out a more detailed version somewhere down the line. Would be good to see.
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime
Much better review than your previous two!

I feel like this is an "improved" version of your first review's format, however it lacks the jokes of the second review.

I'd work on injecting some humor into your regular reviews; again, not too much, but a little would go a long way.
True Blue Elite
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Much better review than your previous two!

I feel like this is an "improved" version of your first review's format, however it lacks the jokes of the second review.

I'd work on injecting some humor into your regular reviews; again, not too much, but a little would go a long way.
if you're talking about my NDU review, I only had around 2 little jokes there.
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime
if you're talking about my NDU review, I only had around 2 little jokes there.
I was refering to the desert one  :P
True Blue Elite
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
I was refering to the desert one  :P
rightio, I'll think about it

Loading ...