UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[32/40] Dixmor Asylum - Welcome to your worst nightmare.

broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by Scobalula
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links

Dixmor Asylum is a custom zombies map by sevengpluke based off Manhunt 2's Asylum of the same name.

Featuring creepy atmosphere, lots of custom weapons and features, and custom characters, this map is a must for zombie players to try.

Pros

This map, waoh, so much cool stuff to say about it, where to start? From the awesome start to the immersful atmosphere, this maps has many features that keep you playing for quite some time.

The starting of the map is quite unique; it starts with you in the cell and a little girl talking to you, since I don't want to give away too much, I'll let you go from there upon downloading the map.

Many people have said to some degree, the map has some lack of detail. I completely disagree, while it would have been more suitable for the asylum to be broken up possibly, the detail is quite good, the map's design is very good. Layout of the map is also quite well done and feels just like an asylum. +1

This is one of the few cases I get to say weapons were done very, very well, the stats, models and texture maps on the weapons were done to a tee, couldn't have been done better imo.

Last but, most certainly, not least, is the little easter eggs and objectives, from the soul chests to other things, there are many objectives which again keep you at the map.

Cons

There's not much bad about the map, other than I feel there should be some better indication of what to do, while you will get the jist, I feel there should have been some more info on what to do without giving away too much, such as how in Mob of the Dead you understand the final goal is to build and airplane, you know you have to find parts and you get an idea of where they are, but you're not told what to do exactly and what happens once everything is done.

Overall - This map has hit my top 10 maps and has a lot of features and play-ability, I recommend everyone out there give it a go, if I could compare it to a map I would compare it to Mob of the Dead only on a smaller scale in some sense and maybe without the busted-up prison part.

Score:

Level of Detail: 7/10
Custom Content: 9/10
Fun Scale: 8/10
Replay-ability: 8/10

Overall score: 32/40

Download link: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7621.0.html
Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 10:14:00 pm by Scobalula
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
Nice review. I will have to give this one a go.
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Glad you beat me to this one, it's a great review. :D
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime
(Image removed from quote.)
Glad you beat me to this one, it's a great review. :D
Eh, I don't see why two people can't review the same map  ;)

It's actually better that way
True Blue Elite
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Eh, I don't see why two people can't review the same map  ;)

It's actually better that way
Because to me, it'd feel like, for example, if Scobalula had discovered a hidden easter egg in a certain map, and then I come along, and do the exact same thing, it just wouldn't be right of me to do so.
But....
That doesn't mean I won't :lol:
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime
It's not the same thing -- having two different opinions on something is better than a single opinion.
True Blue Elite
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
It's not the same thing -- having two different opinions on something is better than a single opinion.
fair enough

Loading ...