More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Welcome to Zombie Egypt, the map where the old pieces of warfare, along with pieces of buildings of the past, come to fade into oblivion. If you don’t know what this means, around the entire map, there are random vehicles strewn around the map. This map is made by GearZ469 and, just for the record, is an improvement on the last map of his, which was the Crazy Place. Well, without further ado, let’s get into the Pros and Cons of this map.

PROS:

Map is spaced out nicely. I personally like how the map is spaced out and large, as it gives off a sense of adventure in my opinion.

Tomb Challenges: the map has a feature I have dubbed ‘the tomb challenges’, which is an area you open, and if you go into it, and you can’t get out of it until you complete the challenge, which is refreshing.
But, no map is perfect, so let’s get into the cons for this map:

CONS:

Dodgy Clips: This map is loaded with terrible clips, resulting in an early grave if you’re unaware of them. Such clips include one little hump in the power room, which, as I was training, I tried jumping over it, and I got stopped, swarmed and died before I could say ‘what the hell?’ Another clip is a little drop-off from the power room platform, as it clearly shows you being able to walk through, only to have you stop in your tracks and just jog in mid-air like you’re on a treadmill.

Weapon sounds are Broken: The weapon sounds must’ve been mistaken accidentally, as the mapper has the map with the 3rd person sounds (what anyone in a multiplayer match hears when a weapon is shot) as the main sounds, and the actual sounds (what you hear when you shoot) as the 3rd person sounds, because all you can hear, when in co-op, is the sound of your friends gun. This only applies to the weapons that aren’t from Black Ops of World at War.

Drops spawning outside the map in Spawn. This the 1st area of the map, the drops would repeatedly spawn outside of the playable area, which, although can be fixed, is still annoying as some of the drops would’ve really aided me and my mates chances, such as a max ammo, instakill and double points.

On a little side note, for me and my mates, whose names I won’t disclose, we found it more fun to get out of the map, than stay inside of it, as it just seemed more interesting than staying within the boundaries.

Final Verdict

Level Detail: 5/10. Although this map is made in the desert, the amount of internal detail could’ve been improved.
Custom Content: 5/10. This map is loaded with custom stuff, but, that doesn’t mean all the custom things are done well.
Fun Scale: 3/10. As mentioned earlier, it was more fun to get outside of the map than stay within it.
Replayability: 2/10. Although this map had some real potential, this map just doesn’t draw you back, unless you want to find more ways to get out of the map itself :lol:.
Overall Score: 15/40

Download Link: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7609.0.html
Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 07:50:02 am by JiffyNoodles
broken avatar :(
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Download link is missing.
Date Registered: 5 February 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Signature
Zombies are the opposites of girls, they do care about your brain

A bit low score for me, even Hijacked got more and that was just ripping off the entire boat frame
Date Registered: 25 October 2013
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I miss her
Signature

Maps:

Too many canceled ones to count

Leningrad BO3

Something else
NINJAMAN829's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
NINJAMAN829's Contact & Social LinksNINJAMAN829DANINJAGAMERNINJAMAN829xg
I personally thought that the map was alright. I would have given it atleast 18-19. Yes some weapon sounds were broken but the map was overall fun to play. Impossible on solo though.

Also you need the score in the title of the topic like this: [15/40]Zombie Egypt - A walk amongst the Pharaohs
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime
Decent review, but I think that you should spend more time on them.

I mean, I appreciate your work, as it's done purely out of your own time to aid the community, but this one was a bit too short and bland.

I feel like I have a refreshing idea for making lengthier and more interesting reviews: instead of doing a Pros/Cons list, instead split your review into 4 categories, 1 for each of the grading criteria. Then you can talk specifically about the detail, custom content, etc, without having to figure out whether to put it under a Pro/Con category.
Date Registered: 25 October 2013
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I miss her
NINJAMAN829's Groups
NINJAMAN829's Contact & Social LinksNINJAMAN829DANINJAGAMERNINJAMAN829xg

I mean, I appreciate your work, as it's done purely out of your own time to aid the community, but this one was a bit too short and bland.

I feel like I have a refreshing idea for making lengthier and more interesting reviews: instead of doing a Pros/Cons list, instead split your review into 4 categories, 1 for each of the grading criteria. Then you can talk specifically about the detail, custom content, etc, without having to figure out whether to put it under a Pro/Con category.

That actually sounds like a good idea. I will double check the guidelines for reviews and see if it fits perfectly. If it does Ill use this style on my next review.
Date Registered: 5 February 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More

Drops spawning outside the map in Spawn. This the 1st area of the map, the drops would repeatedly spawn outside of the playable area, which, although can be fixed, is still annoying as some of the drops would’ve really aided me and my mates chances, such as a max ammo, instakill and double points.

This isn't really a con, the maker(Gear2449) put in the description of the map topic that he did this on purpose, as a sort of troll for people
"Drops spawning outside the map, you just have to play the map correctly :D" is what he wrote
So it's not relevant to this review, but I understand that it is annoying
Date Registered: 26 May 2014
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Mapper and Zombies Player
Signature
Long time custom zombies player
Nathiri's Groups
Nathiri's Contact & Social LinksSkemaj-Skorpio29blazehead
Well it is said yes, but some of the powerups that spawned were inaccessible to obtain when they were in the unplayable area still. Most are obtainable but some are not.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
This isn't really a con, the maker(Gear2449) put in the description of the map topic that he did this on purpose, as a sort of troll for people
"Drops spawning outside the map, you just have to play the map correctly :D" is what he wrote
So it's not relevant to this review, but I understand that it is annoying

killing zombies outside a window is not "playing incorrectly"

and saying you left it in as a troll is another way of saying - it IS just chose not to fix it and justified it by saying "troll" ( btw, troll means to "trick" not another word for "bug"... )

his choice, but i think stuff that makes people instantly assume its a bug is a pretty pointless troll - as your not even getting your point across, and its not remotely "funny"
Date Registered: 26 May 2014
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Mapper and Zombies Player
Nathiri's Groups
Nathiri's Contact & Social LinksSkemaj-Skorpio29blazehead
I see he wanted people the player to play a certain way to get extra powerups, but he should of implemented it better instead of using what is usually considered a bug.
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 7 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

I understand where you are coming from, but if I have a simple list of things (Pros, Cons) than it's a quick read, and I get my point across easily to those short of time.

killing zombies outside a window is not "playing incorrectly"

and saying you left it in as a troll is another way of saying - it IS just chose not to fix it and justified it by saying "troll" ( btw, troll means to "trick" not another word for "bug"... )

his choice, but i think stuff that makes people instantly assume its a bug is a pretty pointless troll - as your not even getting your point across, and its not remotely "funny"

exactly, It is a bug, but he calls that a feature, that is a dog move.

Download link is missing.
Fixed
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(

Since you have all these great ideas for reviews why don't you do some yourself? If there's one thing this site needs it's more reviewers :P

Or are you just the 'map reviewer' reviewer?
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 7 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Since you have all these great ideas for reviews why don't you do some yourself? If there's one thing this site needs it's more reviewers :P

well, his advice is useful, you can't take that away from him, everyone has the right to voice their opinions.
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime

I actually considered doing it before the wave of new reviewers hit. Afterwards, I basically said "Welp, I guess there's no point now."

I might do it in the future, if the flow of reviews starts to slow down. However, I feel like I'd probably end up tearing most maps to shreds, as I can't stand a lack of details and terrible weapon pots.

So in that sense I feel it's better if people who are a lot more forgiving of a map's errors do the reviews, as a lot of people in the community don't seem to mind the same things I do.

In the meantime, I'll stick to giving advice. Besides, reviewing maps will take time away from the map I'm currently making  ;)
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
I actually considered doing it before the wave of new reviewers hit. Afterwards, I basically said "Welp, I guess there's no point now."

I might do it in the future, if the flow of reviews starts to slow down. However, I feel like I'd probably end up tearing most maps to shreds, as I can't stand a lack of details and terrible weapon pots.

So in that sense I feel it's better if people who are a lot more forgiving of a map's errors do the reviews, as a lot of people in the community don't seem to mind the same things I do.

In the meantime, I'll stick to giving advice. Besides, reviewing maps will take time away from the map I'm currently making  ;)
If that's how you feel then that's what reviews are for. Do you think movie critics are being 'mean' when they say a movie sucks and give it 1 star? Is it harsh on the director/writer whoever who spent a ton of time and effort on their film? No. People want to hear the truth in reviews, not some PC 'everything is great' BS, (we get plenty of that from the Youtubers who get sent to these Activision events to 'review' and 'test' out the latest CODs ::) ) to know whether it's a good idea to go see that movie, or in this case go download that map.

Do you have to agree with the critic? Of course not, people should have their own opinions, but I'm sure people would appreciate honesty when reading a critique of something.

On a side note, 15/40 sounds about right for this map Jiffy, I'd probably dock a point or 2 on the detail score myself, but overall a fair score.

Loading ...