More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Welcome to Dixmore Asylum, from a game so controversial no Australian has legally laid hands on it. This map was made by SevenGPLuke with help from people such as Make Cents. This map was a genuine surprise to me, as I have never played Manhunt (Because Australia banned it, as mentioned before). Well, without further ado, let’s get into the pros and cons of this map.

PROS:

Custom Character Models, Viewhands and quotes: This map had custom character quotes, even if was only for player 1. This was a surprising change up from the same old Der Riese quotes and the Verruckt Marine Quotes, as it allows up understand the twisted mind of Danny, as he slays countless undead beings with psychotic delight. Luckily for SevenGPLuke, the other marine quotes basically match up with the dialog from Danny, as it seems to make sense (somehow, don’t ask me how, it just does).

Weapons in General: This was the 1st map to blow me away with weapon ports in a long time (the last map being Project Viking) The weapons are so fluid in this game, it would be seen as shocking to anyone unaware that these weapons are from Black Ops 1 and 2, games released 2 and 4 years after the game they are in now. The Remington R870 was the most mind-boggling moment for me, as I was able to simply rain buckshot like I would in BO2, as the PAP version has the super-fast cycle action, allowing for that wall of buckshot to be amplified. Another hit for me, was the DSR-50, as he put the well-loved iron sights on it, making me fall in love with it all over again (I just love Snipers in Zombies, don’t ask why, it just happened, like North West).

One way Map: This map is a one-way or die style map, which is refreshing, because the last time I had a map like that, was Verruckt (if someone else could inform me otherwise, feel free to do so). This map is ‘open a new area, camp in it til you have enough points, open a new door buy a new gun, repeat’ type map, until you get to the final area, where you train for days.

Must-complete Easter Egg: The button Easter egg is a really fun thing to do, as it forces you to use your mind to remember a button pattern, especially in Solo, but the reward is totally worth it, which is a Ray Gun Mark 2, and the Satchel Charge to proceed with the map. This is the 1st time I’ve seen a must do objective within a map (yet again, new-ish to community, feel free to let me know if I’m wrong).

Perma-Perks as a reward: Enough said, totally worth it.

But, no map is perfect, so let’s move onto the cons of this map.

The Final Area: I have no problem with making the Asylum inaccessible once you drop down, but giving everyone the ability to have all the perks they ever need, and all the wall guns, and a Mystery Box, is so easy, that if you try to go for high rounds, it’s super easy to do, dampening the survival aspect of the map.

Final Verdict

Level Detail: 8/10. Very Good feel to it as it matches as the feel of being inside of an asylum (which I hope never happens to me, ever :poker:.)

Custom Content: 9/10. Everything, literally everything is custom, except the Knife Model (Cryogenic) :troll:.

Fun Scale: 8/10. Definitely fun to do, as CQB maps are the nice type of maps.

Replayability: 8/10. This map has replayability mainly because of the Button easter egg, which changes every time when a game is started.

Overall Score: 33/40

Download Link: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7621.0.html
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 11 August 2014
Last active: 4 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
I have crippling diabetes
Signature
I have a tiny penis.
seanathan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
seanathan's Contact & Social Links
Actually I think the knife model was custom  :troll:
Date Registered: 26 May 2014
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Mapper and Zombies Player
Signature
Long time custom zombies player
Nathiri's Groups
Nathiri's Contact & Social LinksSkemaj-Skorpio29blazehead
Actually I think the knife model was custom  :troll:

I think the knife model was default, but it was a different animation either custom or from bo2.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
worked out thaose buttons in seconds, but kept getting my ass kicked by zombies when i was trying to hit the last one lol

Nice review ;)
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 8 February 2015
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Still Kickin'
Signature

Andy Whelan's Groups
Andy Whelan's Contact & Social LinksAndyWhelanAndyWhelan01AndyWhelan
Welcome to Dixmore Asylum, from a game so controversial no Australian has legally laid hands on it. This map was made by SevenGPLuke with help from people such as Make Cents. This map was a genuine surprise to me, as I have never played Manhunt (Because Australia banned it, as mentioned before).

God damn Tony Abbot (Tabbot) !!!

Nice review, I nearly gave up on playing cause of the code lol
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
God damn Tony Abbot (Tabbot) !!!

Nice review, I nearly gave up on playing cause of the code lol
I dont get why people are having so much trouble with this code?

I worked ours out ( assuming it changes ) right away, was 3 5 1 4 2 ( and 6 if 6 existed, but i kept getting downed hitting 5, but it makes a beep to confirm your hitting the right ones, and the order doesnt change "during" the game as far as i can tell - as i gave it like 6 shots - and yes i know, getting downed at the same point 6 times, is a massive player fail lol )
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 8 February 2015
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Still Kickin'
Andy Whelan's Groups
Andy Whelan's Contact & Social LinksAndyWhelanAndyWhelan01AndyWhelan
I dont get why people are having so much trouble with this code?

I worked ours out ( assuming it changes ) right away, was 3 5 1 4 2 ( and 6 if 6 existed, but i kept getting downed hitting 5, but it makes a beep to confirm your hitting the right ones, and the order doesnt change "during" the game as far as i can tell - as i gave it like 6 shots - and yes i know, getting downed at the same point 6 times, is a massive player fail lol )

I just hated having to go upstairs and the back down over and over and over. Worst thing was I was playing solo so no one else was there to help. I would of played with Jiffy if we could connect but you know the drill... game session is no longer available.
Date Registered: 5 February 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Signature
Zombies are the opposites of girls, they do care about your brain

I just hated having to go upstairs and the back down over and over and over. Worst thing was I was playing solo so no one else was there to help. I would of played with Jiffy if we could connect but you know the drill... game session is no longer available.

Poor Aussies... Did the Kangaroo broke the router? :troll:
The code was pretty easy with 2 players though
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
I hear about this all the time, but have literally never had a problem with it

even when me and hitman tried playing together and he hit 800+ ping lol, still connected

Loading ...