Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Alcatraz [WhippyTrout Version] WIP

POLLHOT
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by whippytrout

Poll

Question: If I could only make one, what area of Alcatraz would you want me to make?

The Roof (this was featured in MOTD)
29 (23.2%)
The Infirmary (this was featured in MOTD)
15 (12%)
The Courtyard/Rec area outside (this was not featured in MOTD)
81 (64.8%)

Total Members Voted: 119

Poll

Question: In order for the map to have a circular flow there has to be a quick way to and from the docks. What should I make to achieve this?

Gondola (just like the one in Mob of the Dead)
72 (56.3%)
Ziplines (just like the ones in Call of the Dead)
30 (23.4%)
Truck ride
22 (17.2%)
Some other idea (please leave a comment explaining your idea)
4 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Poll

Question: What do you prefer after defeating the final boss?

The game ends and you win
You get a wonder weapon and return to the map to fight endlessly until you die or quit.
You return to the map, then have a buyable ending to end the game when "you" want to win.
Option 2 and Option 3 combined.

Poll

Question: What kind of build-able system do you prefer?

Where you can only carry one part at a time and drop it when down/dead.
Where once a part is picked up anyone can add it to the bench and cannot be dropped.

Poll

Question: What kind of objectives would you like to see?

Same objectives from Mob of The Dead
Modified objectives from Mob of The Dead
New original objectives made from scratch
Easter Egg style objectives with less obvious instructions

Poll

Question: What should I call this map?

The Rock
Alcatraz
Return To Alcatraz
Escape From Alcatraz
Date Registered: 24 April 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
whippytrout's Contact & Social LinksWhippyTroutWhippyTrout
Nope its not dead I've just been busy with school and my other map for the contest. Don't worry this map wont be canceled.  :)
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 7 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Nope its not dead I've just been busy with school and my other map for the contest. Don't worry this map wont be canceled.  :)
nice, i'm glad to hear that
Date Registered: 12 September 2015
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Manupipper's Groups
Manupipper's Contact & Social Links
it looks pretty cool so far man, keep up the good work   :)
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Ok guys I know its been a long time but I finally have the time to finish my Alcatraz map.  :nyan:  And what's even cooler is that I get to use UGX Mod 1.1!! I posted some new photos in the original post.

The map is fully playable right now I just need to add more detail and create some fun objectives/easter eggs. That's where I need your help. Please feel free to post cool, crazy, amazing, awe inspiring ideas. I may not be able to use all of them but hopefully they will fuel my imagination. I also added a poll for the kind of objectives you like the best to the top of the post. :D
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
Loving the looks and how you did it . The hells Redeemer is going to be there ? And please use afterlife instead of quick revive :).
True Blue Elite
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Ok guys I know its been a long time but I finally have the time to finish my Alcatraz map.  :nyan:  And what's even cooler is that I get to use UGX Mod 1.1!! I posted some new photos in the original post.

The map is fully playable right now I just need to add more detail and create some fun objectives/easter eggs. That's where I need your help. Please feel free to post cool, crazy, amazing, awe inspiring ideas. I may not be able to use all of them but hopefully they will fuel my imagination. I also added a poll for the kind of objectives you like the best to the top of the post. :D

Aw, why the UGX mod? Why not your own weapons?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Loving the looks and how you did it . The hells Redeemer is going to be there ? And please use afterlife instead of quick revive :).

Yep Hell's Redeemer is included. I've been debating afterlife, I might do it but maybe with a twist.

Aw, why the UGX mod? Why not your own weapons?

The UGX mod has a ton of stuff I could have never made on my own, but dont worry I've been adding my own weapons all day. I'm not just slapping the UGX Mod on my map and not focusing on weapons. Trust me I got a few surprises for ya  ;)
True Blue Elite
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
The UGX mod has a ton of stuff I could have never made on my own, but dont worry I've been adding my own weapons all day. I'm not just slapping the UGX Mod on my map and not focusing on weapons. Trust me I got a few surprises for ya  ;)

Oh, you know I'm already looking forward to this. Mad keen.
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
Yep Hell's Redeemer is included. I've been debating afterlife, I might do it but maybe with a twist.

At least (finally) it an epic looking map including 1.1.

Are ya going to add the Grief map as a survival map in a side mod?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
At least (finally) it an epic looking map including 1.1.

Are ya going to add the Grief map as a survival map in a side mod?

With all of the new game-modes UGX Mod 1.1 has to offer I'm not going to be making the Grief mode. So the game-modes you'll have will be:
  • Classic
  • Arcade
  • Gun Game
  • King of the Hill
  • Sharpshooter
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Chaos Mode

And don't forget the pages of mutators that add more fun to each game.
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
With all of the new game-modes UGX Mod 1.1 has to offer I'm not going to be making the Grief mode. So the game-modes you'll have will be:
  • Classic
  • Arcade
  • Gun Game
  • King of the Hill
  • Sharpshooter
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Chaos Mode

And don't forget the pages of mutators that add more fun to each game.
I Know that but Are you gonna make just the Cellblocks a UGX survival map, not a grief map, in a separate mod?
Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 09:58:39 pm by conn6orsuper117
Date Registered: 16 January 2015
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Lets have a good blasting time
Signature
The good, it's the bad, and the in-between.
NateTheGreat987's Contact & Social LinksCap_FlareCappaFlareGunCapFlareGun
This looks really aweseome :D Motd is my favorite map
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
I Know that but Are you gonna make just the Cellblocks a UGX survival map, not a grief map, in a separate mod?

I hadn't really thought about it. It's no really on my to-do list but if this maps gets a good response then I might make a separate map of just the cellblocks.

This looks really aweseome :D Motd is my favorite map

Thanks Man! MOTD is my favorite map too!
Date Registered: 8 January 2014
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
imreigning's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
imreigning's Contact & Social Linksimreigningimreigningimreigningimreigning
READ EASTER EGG.
Spoiler: click to open...
Collecting supplies from zombie prison guards and there offices (maybe after you kill them) to collect for an escape off altatras island. You gotta collect keys from guards to get into their offices and some secret rooms etc. Get special perks and stuff too, like booze for pain killers but with the bad aim downfall. Also guns can be found from fallen or alive prison guards or in their offices. The escape is You gotta get parts for a hot air ballon. There are a couple problems you got to deal with before you can escape. you got to defeat the beast (boss zombies) which is in a special cell to get to a escape tunnel that he was starting to digg in his cell but you can only see the tunnel if you look at obvious enough clues and writtings on the wall and scratches etc. You also have to have the key to open his cell that you get from one of the ofiicers/offices closest to his cell. There are clues to an escape plan that he was starting to write after all hell broke loose. Says something like this, get supplies to build hot air balloon, dig tunnel build supplies at beach and leave. It is about a tunnel to the beach and an air ballon. (it shows you got to get an emergency raft from the head officers office. and rope from the cave. and a lighter from the wardens office jsut outside beasts cell and gasoline from (somewhere) and beasts special bucket he was making for the escape. it is a bucket with a metal cover and a hole at the bottom. and the beast has been sewing together a sheet for the ballon of the air ballon (also he will drop tools essential for escaping) You got to use the tools the boss zombies drops to continue digging the hole until you find your self at an under ground cave with alot of zombies. (FYI Once you beat the beast you make it so that the zombie spawning rounds end and it spawns all the zombies (ALOT) at the end of the tunnel (in the cave)  because you are making an escape. I guess it could be like a boss round in the scripts just with alot of regular zombies instead of a boss, you will see why i say that. - i thought this out.). Once you open the tunnel the zombies see you and you gotta shoot for you life with all you got and you can runn all the back back up the way you came while you do so. Once you beat the zombies the regular zombie rounds start again from where they left off. and you got to get all the supplies and build the hot air ballon fast! :P . Once you build the hot air balloon you then fly away :) (FYI this is how the hot air ballow works.. the special bucket is to be filled with gasoline for the flame to make the hot air balloon fly and the raft is the floor of the hot air ballon and the ropes tie it all together.)
Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 11:16:15 pm by lukkie1998
Date Registered: 15 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
zombieslayer3's Groups
zombieslayer3's Contact & Social Linksgabe22killab
wow....  :o looks awesome man , wish you luck , and can't wait to try this map out , huge fan of the mob of the dead map , so wish you luck with this project

Loading ...