Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Alcatraz [WhippyTrout Version] WIP

POLLHOT
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by whippytrout

Poll

Question: If I could only make one, what area of Alcatraz would you want me to make?

The Roof (this was featured in MOTD)
29 (23.2%)
The Infirmary (this was featured in MOTD)
15 (12%)
The Courtyard/Rec area outside (this was not featured in MOTD)
81 (64.8%)

Total Members Voted: 119

Poll

Question: In order for the map to have a circular flow there has to be a quick way to and from the docks. What should I make to achieve this?

Gondola (just like the one in Mob of the Dead)
72 (56.3%)
Ziplines (just like the ones in Call of the Dead)
30 (23.4%)
Truck ride
22 (17.2%)
Some other idea (please leave a comment explaining your idea)
4 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Poll

Question: What do you prefer after defeating the final boss?

The game ends and you win
You get a wonder weapon and return to the map to fight endlessly until you die or quit.
You return to the map, then have a buyable ending to end the game when "you" want to win.
Option 2 and Option 3 combined.

Poll

Question: What kind of build-able system do you prefer?

Where you can only carry one part at a time and drop it when down/dead.
Where once a part is picked up anyone can add it to the bench and cannot be dropped.

Poll

Question: What kind of objectives would you like to see?

Same objectives from Mob of The Dead
Modified objectives from Mob of The Dead
New original objectives made from scratch
Easter Egg style objectives with less obvious instructions

Poll

Question: What should I call this map?

The Rock
Alcatraz
Return To Alcatraz
Escape From Alcatraz
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Kinda like a ghost town now that Black Ops 3 mod tools are out.
I hear ya man, but I'm glad you're sticking with it. I still have an old leaked version of this map from like 3 years ago and I thought it was never going to be finished. Can't wait to see how this one looks in the end man, you are really putting in the time and effort which is so awesome to see.
Date Registered: 24 April 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
whippytrout's Contact & Social LinksWhippyTroutWhippyTrout
I hear ya man, but I'm glad you're sticking with it. I still have an old leaked version of this map from like 3 years ago and I thought it was never going to be finished. Can't wait to see how this one looks in the end man, you are really putting in the time and effort which is so awesome to see.

Hahaha I remember that version too! I have several weird versions of the map but I think that one you have may be the strangest. At that time I was messing around with the Ugx mod I believe.
Date Registered: 18 February 2015
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
whippytrout will only release the map when he will get 200 respect points ... +1 from me
Date Registered: 6 April 2015
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Wallpaper Service
Signature
I'm making a wallpaper for you of you give me the beta of your upcoming map.
_ChaosKevin's Groups
_ChaosKevin's Contact & Social LinkstrytoepicliveTryToEpic
Update pls.
Date Registered: 4 November 2016
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
gooeywreck's Groups
gooeywreck's Contact & Social Links
dont bug whippy lol. he will release it when he thinks its ready.it will be his swan song.
Date Registered: 11 September 2016
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I dare you to come back up...
Signature
Get down and stay down meat sacks!
SmgPlayz's Groups
SmgPlayz's Contact & Social LinkssmgdoesskypeNikolaiBelenskiTheRealOGGamerSmgPlayz
Hahahaha I feel ya man. Kinda like a ghost town now that Black Ops 3 mod tools are out. I've got the list of bugs down to about a half page. As soon as I get those fixed I'll make a new post and release it. I can't really put a specific date because I always seem to find something game breaking or something happens in my personal life. But don't worry It will be released.  :)

Most of the bugs are simple balancing issues for players and zombies. (Can't have it too hard or too easy hahaha)

Sweet man! looking forward to playing it with some friends that are new to custom maps.
Date Registered: 9 May 2016
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Darkpoto45's Groups
Darkpoto45's Contact & Social LinksCTMFTK
Since the time we wait, I hope that easter egg is going to be complicated  :please:
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Since the time we wait, I hope that easter egg is going to be complicated  :please:

Don't worry man its long and hard, and so is the easter egg  :troll:  I sound like Richtofen, "A long schtiff golden rod"

But for real I played through it the other day with godmode and noclip and it took 2 hours to complete and I know everything about the map. So I think people will have tons of stuff to do and figure out.  :nyan:

It won't be long now. Just wait it will be worth it.
Date Registered: 22 September 2016
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
12spiderweb's Groups
12spiderweb's Contact & Social Links
This map looks fantastic! I'm so exited for it to come out :D

I have 2 questions though If you don't mind answering.

1. Will there be a story? If so, will It be shown throughout the Easter egg? (or in the map itself) or will it be shown in the description of the page?

2. If I were to do the Easter egg on this map, is it recommended for me to know the original motd EE steps so I have a general idea of what I'm doing or will it have a brand new steps but with motd aspects? (I know you said the steps will have a twist but I just want to know specifically) 
Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 07:58:48 pm by Lukkie1998
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
This map looks fantastic! I'm so exited for it to come out :D

I have 2 questions though If you don't mind answering.

1. Will there be a story? If so, will It be shown throughout the Easter egg? (or in the map itself) or will it be shown in the description of the page?

2. If I were to do the Easter egg on this map, is it recommended for me to know the original motd EE steps so I have a general idea of what I'm doing or will it have a brand new steps but with motd aspects? (I know you said the steps will have a twist but I just want to know specifically)

The map kinda has a story that plays out in the map. I'll still probably setup the map in the description. Most players don't listen to sound quotes and stuff for the story so I decided to focus on game play and fun instead and leave the story to their imagination (but there is still a story there just to be clear). As for the Easter Egg steps, they are crazy random. I took ideas from Treyarch maps and revamped them so you might notice some similarities on some of the steps but they are all custom. So you won't have to know anything about MOTD going into the map but it might help to know the basics of what to do on it.
Date Registered: 9 May 2016
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Darkpoto45's Groups
Darkpoto45's Contact & Social LinksCTMFTK
But for real I played through it the other day with godmode and noclip and it took 2 hours to complete and I know everything about the map. So I think people will have tons of stuff to do and figure out.  :nyan:

Excellent!  :)
Date Registered: 7 December 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Pure_Pheonix17's Contact & Social Links
OMG i just came across this map and i am so excited...  I've been waiting for a remake of an Alcatraz prison similar to mob of the dead FOREVER.  I cant wait until this is released as i will 100% spend hours looking for this easter egg you speak so much about.:) :rainbow: :rainbow:
Date Registered: 22 September 2016
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
12spiderweb's Groups
12spiderweb's Contact & Social Links
The map kinda has a story that plays out in the map. I'll still probably setup the map in the description. Most players don't listen to sound quotes and stuff for the story so I decided to focus on game play and fun instead and leave the story to their imagination (but there is still a story there just to be clear). As for the Easter Egg steps, they are crazy random. I took ideas from Treyarch maps and revamped them so you might notice some similarities on some of the steps but they are all custom. So you won't have to know anything about MOTD going into the map but it might help to know the basics of what to do on it.

Great! thank you very much, I'm looking forward to the release of this map!  :rainbow:  Hoping it will be released soon enough  :poker:
Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 05:11:08 pm by Lukkie1998
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Great! thank you very much, I'm looking forward to the release of this map!  :rainbow:  Hoping it will be released soon enough  :poker:

I would if I could man but I have to fix 1 game breaking bug. I'm working hard to get it fixed though and then I can release.  :nyan:
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Hey guys! I've been working 24/7 on this map. I've tested it sooo many times with the help of some friends. All is going well so far. Just wanted to keep you guys up to date. Sorry for taking so long but I have to make sure it runs flawless for a fun experience.  :)

Loading ...