Poll

If I could only make one, what area of Alcatraz would you want me to make?

The Roof (this was featured in MOTD)
22 (21%)
The Infirmary (this was featured in MOTD)
13 (12.4%)
The Courtyard/Rec area outside (this was not featured in MOTD)
70 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Poll

In order for the map to have a circular flow there has to be a quick way to and from the docks. What should I make to achieve this?

Gondola (just like the one in Mob of the Dead)
62 (55.9%)
Ziplines (just like the ones in Call of the Dead)
26 (23.4%)
Truck ride
19 (17.1%)
Some other idea (please leave a comment explaining your idea)
4 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Poll

What do you prefer after defeating the final boss?

The game ends and you win
You get a wonder weapon and return to the map to fight endlessly until you die or quit.
You return to the map, then have a buyable ending to end the game when "you" want to win.
Option 2 and Option 3 combined.

Poll

What kind of build-able system do you prefer?

Where you can only carry one part at a time and drop it when down/dead.
Where once a part is picked up anyone can add it to the bench and cannot be dropped.

Poll

What kind of objectives would you like to see?

Same objectives from Mob of The Dead
Modified objectives from Mob of The Dead
New original objectives made from scratch
Easter Egg style objectives with less obvious instructions

Poll

What should I call this map?

The Rock
Alcatraz
Return To Alcatraz
Escape From Alcatraz

Author Topic: Alcatraz [WhippyTrout Version] WIP  (Read 41605 times)

Online whippytrout

• - Original Poster (OP) -
  • Perk Hacker
  • Respect: 146
    • WhippyTrout
    • WhippyTrout's YouTube Channel
    • View Profile

Re: Alcatraz [WhippyTrout Version] WIP

« Reply #270 on: March 08, 2017, 09:38:19 pm »
Wow the map looks amazing so far!

Thanks man and those pics are old.  ;)  I'm not even showing the new areas.  ::)
If you like my work feel free to donate: [You are not allowed to view external links. Register or Login to see them]

Check out my Alcatraz WIP: https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7912.0.html
Jigsaw: https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,13563.msg142016.html#msg142016
Christmas with the Joker: https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,1563.msg14836.html#msg14836
Wayne Manor: https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9821.ms

Offline tomikaze

• Zombie Colossus
  • Respect: 355
    • tomikaze777
    • tomikaze777's YouTube Channel
    • View Profile
    • ZomMods

« Reply #271 on: March 09, 2017, 05:27:16 am »
Kinda like a ghost town now that Black Ops 3 mod tools are out.
I hear ya man, but I'm glad you're sticking with it. I still have an old leaked version of this map from like 3 years ago and I thought it was never going to be finished. Can't wait to see how this one looks in the end man, you are really putting in the time and effort which is so awesome to see.
Support ZomMods & the Realism Mod 3.0: [You are not allowed to view external links. Register or Login to see them]

Online whippytrout

• Perk Hacker
    • WhippyTrout
    • View Profile

« Reply #272 on: March 09, 2017, 10:49:30 am »
I hear ya man, but I'm glad you're sticking with it. I still have an old leaked version of this map from like 3 years ago and I thought it was never going to be finished. Can't wait to see how this one looks in the end man, you are really putting in the time and effort which is so awesome to see.

Hahaha I remember that version too! I have several weird versions of the map but I think that one you have may be the strangest. At that time I was messing around with the Ugx mod I believe.

Offline patrickchauvin

• Rotting Walker
  • Respect: 29
    • patrickchauvin
    • sambaby98's YouTube Channel
    • View Profile
  • WaW: patfred12

« Reply #273 on: March 09, 2017, 11:02:50 am »
whippytrout will only release the map when he will get 200 respect points ... +1 from me

Offline _ChaosKevin

• Rotting Walker
  • Respect: 5
  • Wallpaper Service
    • Nerdplayground's Twitch Channel
    • TryToEpic's YouTube Channel
    • View Profile

« Reply #274 on: March 10, 2017, 03:13:53 am »
Update pls.
I'm making a wallpaper for you of you give me the beta of your upcoming map.

Offline gooeywreck

• Fresh Corpse
  • Respect: 1
    • View Profile

« Reply #275 on: March 10, 2017, 09:17:13 am »
dont bug whippy lol. he will release it when he thinks its ready.it will be his swan song.

Offline SmgPlayz

• Fresh Corpse
  • Respect: 0
  • Anywhere but here...
    • therealoggamer
    • TheRealOGGamer's Uplay Profile
    • View Profile
  • WaW: SmgPlayz

« Reply #276 on: March 12, 2017, 09:19:05 am »
Hahahaha I feel ya man. Kinda like a ghost town now that Black Ops 3 mod tools are out. I've got the list of bugs down to about a half page. As soon as I get those fixed I'll make a new post and release it. I can't really put a specific date because I always seem to find something game breaking or something happens in my personal life. But don't worry It will be released.  :)

Most of the bugs are simple balancing issues for players and zombies. (Can't have it too hard or too easy hahaha)

Sweet man! looking forward to playing it with some friends that are new to custom maps.
Popping zombies since 1945 (Black Ops I & WAW) or 1918 (Origins)?

Offline Darkpoto45

• Pack-a-Puncher
  • Respect: 31
    • CTMFTK's YouTube Channel
    • View Profile

« Reply #277 on: March 17, 2017, 10:40:43 am »
Since the time we wait, I hope that easter egg is going to be complicated  :please:

Online whippytrout

• Perk Hacker
    • WhippyTrout
    • View Profile

« Reply #278 on: March 18, 2017, 01:22:23 pm »
Since the time we wait, I hope that easter egg is going to be complicated  :please:

Don't worry man its long and hard, and so is the easter egg  :troll:  I sound like Richtofen, "A long schtiff golden rod"

But for real I played through it the other day with godmode and noclip and it took 2 hours to complete and I know everything about the map. So I think people will have tons of stuff to do and figure out.  :nyan:

It won't be long now. Just wait it will be worth it.

Offline 12spiderweb

• Legless Crawler
    • View Profile

« Reply #279 on: March 19, 2017, 07:33:15 am »
This map looks fantastic! I'm so exited for it to come out :D

I have 2 questions though If you don't mind answering.

1. Will there be a story? If so, will It be shown throughout the Easter egg? (or in the map itself) or will it be shown in the description of the page?

2. If I were to do the Easter egg on this map, is it recommended for me to know the original motd EE steps so I have a general idea of what I'm doing or will it have a brand new steps but with motd aspects? (I know you said the steps will have a twist but I just want to know specifically) 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 10:58:48 am by Lukkie1998 »

Online whippytrout

• Perk Hacker
    • WhippyTrout
    • View Profile

« Reply #280 on: March 19, 2017, 01:15:00 pm »
This map looks fantastic! I'm so exited for it to come out :D

I have 2 questions though If you don't mind answering.

1. Will there be a story? If so, will It be shown throughout the Easter egg? (or in the map itself) or will it be shown in the description of the page?

2. If I were to do the Easter egg on this map, is it recommended for me to know the original motd EE steps so I have a general idea of what I'm doing or will it have a brand new steps but with motd aspects? (I know you said the steps will have a twist but I just want to know specifically)

The map kinda has a story that plays out in the map. I'll still probably setup the map in the description. Most players don't listen to sound quotes and stuff for the story so I decided to focus on game play and fun instead and leave the story to their imagination (but there is still a story there just to be clear). As for the Easter Egg steps, they are crazy random. I took ideas from Treyarch maps and revamped them so you might notice some similarities on some of the steps but they are all custom. So you won't have to know anything about MOTD going into the map but it might help to know the basics of what to do on it.

Offline Darkpoto45

• Pack-a-Puncher
  • Respect: 31
    • CTMFTK's YouTube Channel
    • View Profile

« Reply #281 on: March 19, 2017, 05:08:12 pm »
But for real I played through it the other day with godmode and noclip and it took 2 hours to complete and I know everything about the map. So I think people will have tons of stuff to do and figure out.  :nyan:

Excellent!  :)

Offline Pure_Pheonix17

• Fresh Corpse
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile

« Reply #282 on: March 20, 2017, 04:21:47 am »
OMG i just came across this map and i am so excited...  I've been waiting for a remake of an Alcatraz prison similar to mob of the dead FOREVER.  I cant wait until this is released as i will 100% spend hours looking for this easter egg you speak so much about.:) :rainbow: :rainbow:

Offline 12spiderweb

• Legless Crawler
    • View Profile

« Reply #283 on: March 20, 2017, 07:13:45 am »
The map kinda has a story that plays out in the map. I'll still probably setup the map in the description. Most players don't listen to sound quotes and stuff for the story so I decided to focus on game play and fun instead and leave the story to their imagination (but there is still a story there just to be clear). As for the Easter Egg steps, they are crazy random. I took ideas from Treyarch maps and revamped them so you might notice some similarities on some of the steps but they are all custom. So you won't have to know anything about MOTD going into the map but it might help to know the basics of what to do on it.

Great! thank you very much, I'm looking forward to the release of this map!  :rainbow:  Hoping it will be released soon enough  :poker:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 08:11:08 am by Lukkie1998 »

Online whippytrout

• Perk Hacker
    • WhippyTrout
    • View Profile

« Reply #284 on: March 20, 2017, 11:43:32 am »
Great! thank you very much, I'm looking forward to the release of this map!  :rainbow:  Hoping it will be released soon enough  :poker:

I would if I could man but I have to fix 1 game breaking bug. I'm working hard to get it fixed though and then I can release.  :nyan: