Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Alcatraz [WhippyTrout Version] WIP

POLLHOT
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by whippytrout

Poll

Question: If I could only make one, what area of Alcatraz would you want me to make?

The Roof (this was featured in MOTD)
29 (23.2%)
The Infirmary (this was featured in MOTD)
15 (12%)
The Courtyard/Rec area outside (this was not featured in MOTD)
81 (64.8%)

Total Members Voted: 119

Poll

Question: In order for the map to have a circular flow there has to be a quick way to and from the docks. What should I make to achieve this?

Gondola (just like the one in Mob of the Dead)
72 (56.3%)
Ziplines (just like the ones in Call of the Dead)
30 (23.4%)
Truck ride
22 (17.2%)
Some other idea (please leave a comment explaining your idea)
4 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Poll

Question: What do you prefer after defeating the final boss?

The game ends and you win
You get a wonder weapon and return to the map to fight endlessly until you die or quit.
You return to the map, then have a buyable ending to end the game when "you" want to win.
Option 2 and Option 3 combined.

Poll

Question: What kind of build-able system do you prefer?

Where you can only carry one part at a time and drop it when down/dead.
Where once a part is picked up anyone can add it to the bench and cannot be dropped.

Poll

Question: What kind of objectives would you like to see?

Same objectives from Mob of The Dead
Modified objectives from Mob of The Dead
New original objectives made from scratch
Easter Egg style objectives with less obvious instructions

Poll

Question: What should I call this map?

The Rock
Alcatraz
Return To Alcatraz
Escape From Alcatraz
Date Registered: 27 October 2013
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
adfgdagasdf2's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
adfgdagasdf2's Contact & Social Links
Big Update!

So I've been working my butt off fixing pages of bugs. I think I finally have all of them fixed (fingers crossed). Now I've been adding the little things that make the map feel polished such as ambient sounds, proper sounds for certain things like magic box etc. I just wanted to let you guys know this great news. I know its taking forever but I think it will be worth it. I just want it to be the best it can be. I'd hate to release the map then get a bunch of messages complaining of crashing or g_spawn. That's a good way to kill a good map, you play for 2 hours then all of a sudden towards the end of the easter egg you crash. I don't want that for anyone so I'm making extra sure this doesn't happen. So far so good.  ;)

Thanks for the patience,

WhippyTrout

I'm glad to see the extra precautions, definitely adds to the experience when it's not crashing on you :D
Date Registered: 18 February 2015
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
whippytrout will only release the map when he will get 200 respect points ... +1 from me

I have kept my promise  ;)
Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 10:24:35 pm by patrickchauvin
Date Registered: 9 May 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Signature
"Mod builder lied. Everything isn't ok."
pwman123's Groups
pwman123's Contact & Social Linkspwman123pwman123pwman123
Definitely looks like a year's worth of work! Can't wait to try it out!
Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 05:16:30 am by pwman123
Date Registered: 24 September 2015
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Yesterday, you said tomorrow!
XCyberHDX's Groups
XCyberHDX's Contact & Social Linksdavid.demski56STEAM_0:1:99187672XCyberBladeXXCyberBladeX
Progress Update?
Date Registered: 24 April 2013
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
whippytrout's Contact & Social LinksWhippyTroutWhippyTrout
Hey guys! Quick Update:

So I've been spending the past few weeks optimizing my scripts in order to fix a game crash that happened late in the game. I've had 3 different types of crashing that has occured and I believe now I may have them all fixed. I still need to run some severe stress tests with 3 of my friends to ensure it won't crash anymore.

I hope you all understand that I'm working as hard and fast as I can to make this map run smoothly with no crashing or errors.

And on a fun note, I've changed the Origins characters to 4 new characters. They are the best zombie killing team in the business.  ;)  I can't reveal them yet but I'll try and have either a teaser trailer or some loadscreen images for you guys.

Thanks for your patience,

Whippy
Date Registered: 4 January 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
rivadog's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Hey guys! Quick Update:

So I've been spending the past few weeks optimizing my scripts in order to fix a game crash that happened late in the game. I've had 3 different types of crashing that has occured and I believe now I may have them all fixed. I still need to run some severe stress tests with 3 of my friends to ensure it won't crash anymore.

I hope you all understand that I'm working as hard and fast as I can to make this map run smoothly with no crashing or errors.

And on a fun note, I've changed the Origins characters to 4 new characters. They are the best zombie killing team in the business.  ;)  I can't reveal them yet but I'll try and have either a teaser trailer or some loadscreen images for you guys.

Whippy

I dont think my body is ready  :rainbow:
Date Registered: 11 September 2016
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I dare you to come back up...
Signature
Get down and stay down meat sacks!
SmgPlayz's Groups
SmgPlayz's Contact & Social LinkssmgdoesskypeNikolaiBelenskiTheRealOGGamerSmgPlayz
Hey guys! Quick Update:

Whippy

THE HYPE IS REAL!!!!!! God I can't wait to play this map when it releases. I hope this comes out soon, been looking forward to it... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Hey guys! Just thought I'd post a few new pictures while I get the maps trailer and artwork done.

Date Registered: 22 September 2016
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
12spiderweb's Groups
12spiderweb's Contact & Social Links
Hey guys! Just thought I'd post a few new pictures while I get the maps trailer and artwork done.

omg, you really out done your self! I'm looking forward to this very much!
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
adfgdagasdf2's Groups

This looks glorious. While Treyarch won't remake MotD, we'll have THIS masterpiece! *evil laughter*
Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 12:32:22 pm by PSNtoonjuice
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
This looks glorious. While Treyarch won't remake MotD, we'll have THIS masterpiece! *evil laughter*
would still look better in BO3 tbh ::)
If only, if only...
Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 01:09:18 pm by JiffyNoodles
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
would still look better in BO3 tbh ::)
If only, if only...

hahaha man aint nobody got time for dat!  ;)

Believe it or not Treyarch has stolen so many ideas from my map. Even my friends who beta test with me were saying that. I think they're watching and listening like little Big Brother Leeches! 

But for real, As of now there is no way Black Ops III could handle the crazy stuff I've put into this map. What you gain in nice graphics and lighting, you lose in scripting. Plus I don't want to restart and have to learn it all over again. Plus you guys want to play it as soon as possible right? lol  :nyan:

I'll keep you updated guys,

Whippy
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Great new guys!

I tested the map with 4 players all the way through and we completed the entire map. No bugs, no crashing, no g_spawn, nothing. We even stress tested it by going crazy with wonder weapons and tons of zombies everywhere.

I feel like it's difficult but not impossible map. We beat the entire map with no cheats or anything. So I'm really happy to finally be done with this monster of a project. I've been working on this map on and off for 7 YEARS!! So its a big relief for me.

I'm getting together a loadscreen image and trailer. The release will be coming either the last week of May or the first week of June.  :nyan:

I can't wait to share this map with you guys, I think your going to love it.

Whippy
Date Registered: 4 January 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
rivadog's Groups
Great new guys!

I tested the map with 4 players all the way through and we completed the entire map. No bugs, no crashing, no g_spawn, nothing. We even stress tested it by going crazy with wonder weapons and tons of zombies everywhere.

I feel like it's difficult but not impossible map. We beat the entire map with no cheats or anything. So I'm really happy to finally be done with this monster of a project. I've been working on this map on and off for 7 YEARS!! So its a big relief for me.

I'm getting together a loadscreen image and trailer. The release will be coming either the last week of May or the first week of June.  :nyan:

Whippy
Awesome!!
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
adfgdagasdf2's Groups
IT'S (ALMOST) TIME

Loading ...