UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[33/40] Nuketown 1986 - The Nuketown curse is at an end!

broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by NINJAMAN829
Date Registered: 25 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
I miss her
Signature

Maps:

Too many canceled ones to count

Leningrad BO3

Something else
NINJAMAN829's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
NINJAMAN829's Contact & Social LinksNINJAMAN829DANINJAGAMERNINJAMAN829xg

The end is near! The end is near! Of crappy Nuketown remakes that is. Mrhmh199 made history and made an amazing Nuketown remake. This is the best remake so far and is going to be hard to top.

Detail [8/10]

The detail isn't anything over the top outstanding but it is very good. There were a few first time mapper mistakes made, but those are easily forgivable for the rest of the experience.

The mapper paid very close attention and made the Nuketown remake pretty close to scale. The houses feel the same as they did in Black Ops but it has the Black Ops 2 mod implemented so its even better.

Some of the mistakes could have been avoided but those were few and far in between.

Custom Content [10/10]

I don't mean to over exaggerate but everything about the map is custom.

All the guns, muzzleflashes, characters, zombie models and power up voices were all custom. Even the worn out WaW PaP camo was changed to the fresh looking Black Ops 2 camo.

You even have a mini Easter Egg to open PaP and the buyable ending. I found that fun but the sound the bear made never went away when you shot them so it made it slightly harder to find since you almost always heard the sound.

I would have liked a full on Easter Egg but thats just me.

Fun Scale [7/10]

I've found myself coming back to this map again and again even after getting the buyable ending.

I just love Nuketown and I love this remake even more. It has a buried style feel and I personally liked Buried. So thats a win-win in my eyes.

I found it fun to grab different guns and perks every play through and seeing how far I can get.

One thing I didn't like was the central bus/truck camping spot. I found it very easy to hold down with just one way the zombies can climb up. Grab double tap and the remington new model army PaP'd and your set for many, many rounds.

Replayability [8/10]

As I said earlier, even after getting the ending I found it fun to come back over and over.

I find that the replayability of the map is very high due to most people trying to get the buyable ending. I personally found it a bit too easy to achieve since its 35K.

I recommend trying to train the middle instead of sitting on the bus since training adds a bit more challenge to the map as you can get stuck.

Detail 8/10

Custom Content 10/10

Fun Scale 7/10

Replayability 8/10

Overall: [33/40] - I seriously recommend you give this a go. This map instantly feels like a classic. The Black Ops 2 mod makes this map have way more replayability and I would love to see this in future maps by Mrhmh199

Download link: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7930.0.html
Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 01:00:32 am by NINJAMAN829
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
I thought the detail was the best part of the map I'd give it an 8, but I think the mod needed quite a bit of refining so 10/10 is excessive for me, and other than shooting the bears there wasn't really much else to do, I'd give it 7 for custom content (special mention to the gun textures though which were superb). I think all in all 33/40 is fair though.
Date Registered: 5 February 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Signature
Zombies are the opposites of girls, they do care about your brain

Good score, custom content is a bit high but overall good review
Date Registered: 18 October 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Mrhmh199's Groups
Mrhmh199's Contact & Social Links
Thank you sooo much ,,
i'm so happy that you guys loved my map  :nyan: :nyan: :nyan:
Date Registered: 23 April 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Signature
Money isn't everything but everything has a price
Eternal_Fire's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Eternal_Fire's Contact & Social Links
Having so many reviewers has become sort of annoying, not saying that any of you are bad or anything, but you all have different standards when it comes to reviewing maps so the scores vary quite dramatically. Still, nice review :)
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
dont forget, half the reviews popping up these days are not even "by" our reviewers lol  :D

Everyones a critic these days ;)
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
Having so many reviewers has become sort of annoying, not saying that any of you are bad or anything, but you all have different standards when it comes to reviewing maps so the scores vary quite dramatically. Still, nice review :)

Same thing can be said for reviews in general, one review may say the iPhone is the bees knees, the other reviewer hates it and dipped it in Liquid Nitrogen. :)
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Same thing can be said for reviews in general, one review may say the iPhone is the bees knees, the other reviewer hates it and dipped it in Liquid Nitrogen. :)
is that safe??? WARN EVERYONE!!! ;)
Date Registered: 23 April 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Eternal_Fire's Groups
Eternal_Fire's Contact & Social Links

I saw that :please: but this map scored higher than industrial estate, and its a remake  :lol:

Loading ...