UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[33/40] Kino: The Rebirth - This time it's electrical.

broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by tomikaze
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Mapper:
Smasher248

The Basics: Kino der Toten was an old dirty run down theatre. You survived Kino and escaped to tell about it. Since then you've seen many machines of mystery and horror; teleporters and time travel devices, machines that have the power to bring the dead back to life as well as alter history itself. The machines have learned from past failures and have built this new Kino in their image. A high tech merging of metal, wires, cables, electronics and a horde of new zombies stand in your way. "Who will survive, and what will be left of them?"

What We Liked: The map starts you off by setting itself apart with a really cool helicopter ride which drops you right down into the starting area. This time around there is a whole new arsenal of futuristic weaponry with different attachments to add plenty of weapon variety. There are twice as many perks as the original map, but players are still limited to pick their 4 favorites so choose wisely. The map looks amazing with Smasher giving Kino a complete futuristic overhaul along with a few minor changes to the actual map itself like additional drop-down areas to give you a bit more freedom navigating the map and may just save your life if you find yourself in trouble. Not enough can be said about how fun this map looks, it's easy to see that Smasher had a great time making this. The teleporter works great and you'll never teleport back to the spawn area only to get killed off immediately by a crowd of zombies waiting for you which is a nice feature that I'm glad he got right. Lastly, it really does feel like Kino, from beginning to end you have that familiar feeling but with a shiny new look to it.

What We Didn't Like: I've never been a fan of the Black Ops zombie map "Five" and the Pentagon Thief might be my least favorite of the bosses from any zombie map. Here is no different. One strategy you can use on the current version of the map is to keep a claymore in your hands and the Thief will take your claymores for that round and allow you to keep both guns. If the mapper fixes this then just accept the fact that you're going to lose one of your guns until you can PAP a good gun in order to deal with him - I really hate this. Also, the Nova crawlers teleport very quickly and somehow are always right at your feet which is going to lead to more than a few deaths where you may feel like you got cheated.

Final Word: All things considered this is an amazing remake that stands tall beside the likes of Nacht der Untoten Reimagined as one of the few remakes to actually get it right. If you were ever a fan of Kino this is going to feel like a dream come true and you should feel right at home on this map remembering a simpler time when an easter egg was activating a song and we played only for high round bragging rights.

Level of Detail: 8/10
Custom Content: 10/10
Fun Scale: 8/10
Replayability: 7/10

Score: 33/40

Download Link: unavailable on this site at the moment.
Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 08:27:33 pm by tomikaze
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 3 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Signature
The greatest failure is not to try and fail, but is to fail without trying.
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
Nice one tom ;)
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Great review Tom. My only real flaw with the map is also the Pentagon Thiefs presence. I dislike him as a boss in Five also and would have loved to have seen maybe the Advanced Warfare cyber dogs added but I heard it was a difficult task and I do at least feel the thief is a more fitting addition due to the theme than the normal and overused hell hounds would have.

The best thing about this map though, as you pointed out is just how much fun it is to play. You genuinely feel like you are playing Kino, only better looking and with much better features. A reimaging that could actually be considered better than the original im my opinion.
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Ramiabdh's Groups
You don't really get this feel on any remake. This means that the mapper understands in which way people act with the map, and how do they deal with it.

But really, not all people dislike the thief, I mean, I do like the thief, particularly, for his rewards, for example.
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
I like the pentagon thief imo. It fits the futuristic lab feel of the map. only bad thing about the map, imo,  is the teleporting crawlers, they seem to be even more annoying than in moon. Weapons are fun and we'll done, map layout is on point, and it's really fun. Nice job smasher, and cool review tom  ;)
Purple Square Worshipper
Date Registered: 30 January 2014
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Famous User
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Purple Square Worshiper
Signature

donate to purplemanwomen www.paypal.me/bwc66930
Bwc66930's Groups
Famous User
Famous User
Bwc66930's Contact & Social Linksbwc66930bwc66930bwc66930bwc66931dkwithawbwc66930
I like the thief, tho I myself like every kind of boss there is :P

But the Novas in this kino were kinda op
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
cheers guys, but novas arnt that hard, one problem with old kino was that is was too easy, and they were nerfed in the update along with the thief who is now far too easy to kill and much slower than the player
Yea but thankfully you added that one gun to the mystery box where as soon as you grab it it downs you instantly. Gotta keep the challenge up somehow  ;)
The Last of Us
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
Signature
smasher248's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
smasher248's Contact & Social Linkssmasher248smasher248
novas arnt that hard, one problem with old kino was that is was too easy, and they were nerfed in the update along with the thief who is now easier to kill and much slower than the player, apart from that great review: ps the update added an ee and the claymore glitch is patched for all u chancers :P
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
novas arnt that hard, one problem with old kino was that is was too easy, and they were nerfed in the update along with the thief who is now easier to kill and much slower than the player, apart from that great review: ps the update added an ee and the claymore glitch is patched for all u chancers :P
Yea but thankfully you added that one gun to the mystery box where as soon as you grab it it downs you instantly. Gotta keep the challenge up somehow  ;)
Time Travel? ???
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Ramiabdh's Groups
Time Travel? ???

Yeah I realized that, dafuq was happening?
Date Registered: 25 December 2015
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Conspiracy Theorist
Signature
Yes.
NeutronStars's Groups
NeutronStars's Contact & Social LinksPocket_InfinitypocketinfinityNeutronStars
I think this map is pretty good, I do have to agree about the Pentagon Thieves thing though. They are quite annoying. But it does add to the effect of the map!

Loading ...