More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Welcome to Box Map X, the best box map to have seen the light of day in recent memory. This map was made by Chromastone10, who is known for such works including his incredibly successful map, Collingwood Psychiatric Hospital which makes you wonder…

why would a man of such prestige, make a box map?

But then you must realise that this was released on April Fools, alongside such wonderful creations like the Darude - Sandstorm map, where the best thing to do was jam to the classic Techno song most commonly associated with Montage Parodies.

To be perfectly Honest, I am surprised no one has reviewed this map, because it is possibly the only box map ever released to deserve such credit. So, without further ado, let’s get into the pros and Cons of this map.

PROS:
Weaponry is on point: Since this map uses the weapon loadout from CPH, you can automatically assume the weapons are on point, which they are.

The Astronaut from Moon is here: He decided moon was too much for him, so he needed to find a smaller area to patrol and just so happened to stumble upon you. His is a nice addition to the map, making it not as easy as it could be. He also brought the Ascension monkeys for the ride as well, which also add an interesting challenge to the map.

Winnable easter egg: This map features an easter egg which you don’t actually have to buy (I know right? I was shocked as well) which is a refreshing change to the standard save up a tonne of points and buy the ending.
Not one Sandstorm reference: This is perfect

But, no map is perfect, so let’s get into the cons of this map

CONS:
Stopping the Monkeys does sweet f**k all: Apart from a max ammo which you will get regardless, something to reward the player for stopping the monkeys from touching your beloved perk machine would’ve been nice.

Final Verdict
Level Detail: 7/10.This map wasn’t really mean to be a detailed masterpiece, since it was made as an April Fools map.
Custom Content: 8/10. The weapons and majority of the models are custom, but the viewhands and Knife model are not.
Fun Scale: 5/10. It was fun, but nothing too exciting.
Replayability: 3/10. I can’t really say this map had any staying power, it is one of those maps that you can play a few times for s**ts & giggles, and that’s about it.
Overall Score: 23/40

Download Link: UGX-Mods topic is Lost into Oblivion :please: But here is a place where you can download the map.
NextGenTactics: http://www.nextgentactics.com/forum/m/21218942/viewthread/20985020-box-map-x
Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 02:11:36 am by JiffyNoodles
broken avatar :(
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 8 February 2015
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Still Kickin'
Signature

Andy Whelan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Andy Whelan's Contact & Social LinksAndyWhelanAndyWhelan01AndyWhelan
Nice review mate ;)
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 7 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
So....despite being a joke map, it is still better than 99% of other box maps? Wow. :o
True Blue Elite
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
So....despite being a joke map, it is still better than 99% of other box maps? Wow. :o
indeed, hence why it was worthy of a review
Date Registered: 7 February 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Donations massively appreciated: paypal.me/DanT98
Signature
Stranded
Nacht Der Untoten: Reimagined
Encampment
Encampment V2: BO3 Mod

Mapper and Weapon Porter - I release what I can of my work for the community to enjoy :)
ProRevenge's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
ProRevenge's Contact & Social LinksProRevenge
Pretty nice review, agree with most of it. Definitely a box map worthy of recognition as some work went into it.
I must ask, why is a Custom Knife model such a huge thing though?
Senpai
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
arceus's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
arceus's Contact & Social LinksarceusNT
Custom Content: 8/10. The weapons and majority of the models are custom, but the viewhands and Knife model are not.
this should have been a 7 cause of default knife anims
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Can you review Darude - Sandstorm? :troll:
True Blue Elite
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Pretty nice review, agree with most of it. Definitely a box map worthy of recognition as some work went into it.
I must ask, why is a Custom Knife model such a huge thing though?
It's a running joke from my 1st review, which was crypgenic, where the knife model was custom
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Jiffy, I tried on many occasions to write a review for this map. Over and over I'd crumble up my paper until my trashcan was filled with my failed attempts at doing justice to this miniature masterwork. Your review captured it perfectly and revived in me the reason for why we reviewers do what we do. Great job Jiffy!
True Blue Elite
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Jiffy, I tried on many occasions to write a review for this map. Over and over I'd crumble up my paper until my trashcan was filled with my failed attempts at doing justice to this miniature masterwork. Your review captured it perfectly and revived in me the reason for why we reviewers do what we do. Great job Jiffy!
Why thank you Tomikaze, I wouldn't be anywhere without your inspiring reviews.
Date Registered: 29 July 2014
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
This is war. Survival is your responsibility.
Azado24's Groups
Azado24's Contact & Social LinksAzado24Azado24
I agree with Scobalula in regards to the sheer amazement. This was an April Fools Day release (Joke Map) and it's better than 99% of box maps released. Wow! I've seen video playthroughs of this map and I can understand why it receives a good score. Take care JiffyNoodles!

- Alex
Date Registered: 6 April 2017
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
More
JungYongHwa's Groups
JungYongHwa's Contact & Social LinksKorean.sniper.55JungYongHwaJungYongHwaJungYongHwaJungYongHwaJungYongHwaKorean boyJung Yong Hwa
i cant download !! expierd?!!!! :-\
True Blue Elite
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
i cant download !! expierd?!!!! :-\
yeah, might have to update the link, sorry about that mate.

Loading ...