UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[30/40] Purple Dimension – Still needs more purple.

broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by Koan
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Signature
⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Koan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website
Map created by Bwc66930 (Apex). I know it's been released for a while, but a non-humorous review doesn't yet exist for this map, so I thought “hey, why not?”

Spoiler: click to open...

You must worship the Purple SquareTM.

This is probably the most unique map I've ever played, for obvious reasons, and I honestly quite like it. If you thought this was too purple and BWC-esque, just you wait until Purple Base. What I like about Purple Dimension is that it doesn't take itself too seriously, and it captures what zombie mode should be about – a fun time for yourself or with friends.

I'm also a fan of maps that make you say “what the fuck is going on,” simply because it's funny. I imagine the mapper got quite a kick out of the YouTube players saying that.

PROS:
- There's so much custom content here; weapons, models, effects, skybox, textures, everything! There's very little of anything stock besides perks, and it's all used well. I also really like all the random scenery in the sky, and the crazy clouds and snow effect, it really adds to the craziness.
- Detail is good. Some may disagree with this, but it's not an average map which can be compared to another for the purpose of a review. For the theme the mapper is going for, the detail fits. It feels like you're inside BWC's head (whether this is a positive or not is up to you, lol).
- The map is funny. In my opinion, a sense of humour is sometimes needed when making maps. There's very little harm done when including a joke in the easter egg, or making the perk posters funny. For most maps this isn't needed, and is sometimes detrimental, but I always appreciate a little humour from content creators.

CONS:
- It feels linear, since there's only a few short diversions to take from the main route, and the entire tower and upper area doesn't have much use other than somewhere to put stuff.
- The EE/objective is fairly small. 3 parts to build, then 85k points and you're done. Getting 85k took a while, but it was otherwise unchallenging since the weapons are seriously OP, which is deliberate but still relevant. The map is fun, but I had hoped for more tasks.

MISC:
- The epilepsy maze is funny, but it hurts my eyes...

CONCLUSION:
Purple Dimension is a good map, and if you haven't already downloaded it, you should do so. I'm looking forward to Purple Base, but I'd really like to see more in-depth objectives included next time, to give players more reason to return to the map.

---

Level of Detail: 7/10
Custom Content: 9/10
Fun Scale: 8/10
Replayability: 6/10

Overall Score: 30/40

Download link: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,5078.0.html
Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 01:52:49 am by Koan
Date Registered: 4 March 2014
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
When will Microsoft learn?
theMCjunkie1's Groups
theMCjunkie1's Contact & Social Linkswolfie442WOLF442TheMCjunkie1catpup123WOLF442
Nice Review Man!  :D
Purple Square Worshipper
Date Registered: 30 January 2014
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Famous User
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Purple Square Worshiper
Signature

donate to purplemanwomen www.paypal.me/bwc66930
Bwc66930's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Famous User
Famous User
Bwc66930's Contact & Social Linksbwc66930bwc66930bwc66930bwc66931dkwithawbwc66930

You must worship the Purple SquareTM.

WORSHIP THE TRADEMARK OF THE PURPLE SQUARE

anyway nice review. Even tho I didn't take you seriously at first when you said you were gonna make you in chat :P
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
WORSHIP THE TRADEMARK OF THE PURPLE SQUARE

anyway nice review. Even tho I didn't take you seriously at first when you said you were gonna make you in chat :P

Nice Review; Bad map. :troll:
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
to give players more reason to return to the map.

One does not dare lol

Loading ...