Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
lukkie litterally warned and then deleted out of map spot i found in a contest map, hope this wont affect the judging process but sharing light on cuple issue in the mapping for a mapping contest is not forbidden i hope or atleast providing information is not ALWAYS constructive criticism however it needs to be done otherwise every map will be broken or ripped off from some place i hope me sharing this personal opinion on the subject is critique enough otherwise this is my last pm rip everyone <3

i will stop typing in forums entirely from now on and the updates for my coming maps will remain IMAGES only so lukkie wont follow me around waiting for smalles misstep now that he took 3 seconds of his day pm me the warning about me linking a "let me google that for you" for darklegion after he linked let me google that for you
your comment may have been removed, but we still have a log of it. Dont worry, they do not get forgotten about

lol Im sure no-one is "following" you man, lets all chill and relax ;)
Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 09:47:49 pm by Harry Bo21
broken avatar :(
JbirdHaX
Date Registered: 12 March 2012
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(_̅(_̅м̅a̅я̅i̅j̅u̅a̅n̅a̅_̅0 ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้
Signature
▒█▀▄▀█ ░█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▀█▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█▒█▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▒█░ ░▒█░░ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█░░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█  ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█▄▄ ▄█▄ ░▒█░░ ▒█▄▄▄
RadimaX's Groups
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha

Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 11:03:40 pm by RadimaX
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
obviously thats not what i meant by we "have a log"

all i meant was - although you and other users may not be able to see what youve said - "we" still have a log of it so it wont be "forgotten" about

I fully respect that a lot of users saying this fix is needed, infact are not using the full limits of the engine. They very well could remove the need for the fix by sorting their memory and other limits better, but there is nothing wrong with the T4M mod. The very fact these maps would either be lacking in features or fail to be released at all just because of "user inexperience" seems a little silly to me. Those that dont want to "mess with their store bought games install" would in theory - not be in a "modding" community in the first place, but despite this, they have the "choice". Those that dont want to use lanfixes or T4Ms - dont have to, they just wont be able to play "that" map

as for your statement previously, seemed a bit unnecesary to me ( light a circle of candles and use a crayon? ), but hey, I wasnt there, so no comment from me. Just be assured no one is "out to get you"
JbirdHaX
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
RadimaX's Groups
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
...stop replying with images of text please lol
yea i was having to log on - with my phone - to even see those lol
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
(Image removed from quote.)

You literally drag and drop 1 file. 2 if you have disc version. :poker:
Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 07:13:21 am by steviewonder87
JbirdHaX
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
RadimaX's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
...stop replying with images of text please lol

sorry i assumed simply sharing a picture with someone is less bannable then having a different opinion from moderators like lukkie and i want to make sure i do NOT break any rules since i don't wish to do so and have no intention of doing so either.
[UGX] Developer
Date Registered: 28 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
[UGX] Developer
Lukkie1998's Groups
UGX Team Member
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
2015 Participant
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
sorry i assumed simply sharing a picture with someone is less bannable then having a different opinion from moderators like lukkie and i want to make sure i do NOT break any rules since i don't wish to do so and have no intention of doing so either.
Why do you keep mentioning my name? There was no official warning given, and this was definately not the first time you could have been warned for spamming. And why do you send a PM to me that you're sorry, but you start complaining about it in public? Kinda low to do tbh.

If you're not agreeing to it, then please sent a PM to the admins.

Lukkie1998
JbirdHaX
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
RadimaX's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
i dont agree, but we can disagree on the forums they are for discussion and that is what we are doing and i said im sorry already but okey tell me a list of all admins i need to apologise to
Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 11:26:14 am by RadimaX
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime
Late again here, but whatevs.

I think the fundamental issue is that there's a line -- as Daedra attempted to point out -- between a friendly community and a circlejerking community. If you need an example of a circlejerking community, look at practically any sub on Reddit.

Now look at a lot of the toxicity in the community. It's towards, you guessed it, box maps and other "proto" maps that clog the release section. We have to ask ourselves:

1. Do we defend the mappers releasing what is, pardon my French, shit? And in doing so, support them in continuing to release crap?

2. Do we verbally abuse them in hopes they'll step it up?

Both are poor options. We cannot have a situation where terrible maps are supported, nor can we have a situation where people are being harassed.

So, I think the real key to reducing site toxicity is to put on some tighter content filters. That means not allowing box maps/"proto" maps onto the site: that also means locking or deleting disaster WiP's that fail to meet proper requirements, before they devolve into shitholes.

Members ought to be upset when people use UGX as a dumping ground for garbage. Some maps are so low-quality and shoddily made/released, I am almost sure that they serve as nothing but Trojans for malware, because I swear I've gotten fucking malware from map downloads before, especially the filth clogging the recesses of ZM.

My point is that we should focus on eliminating high-tensity situations, thus cleaning up the site, but we should still keep watch for personal fighting and what have you.

Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 03:48:18 am by ShotgunRagtime
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
I think the fundamental issue is that there's a line -- as Daedra attempted to point out -- between a friendly community and a circlejerking community. If you need an example of a circlejerking community, look at practically any sub on Reddit.

Or many of the gaming related news sites/forums. Instead of discussing things like adults, people would much rather censor/ban anyone who has even the slightest opinion than the majority or those in power. These "Social Justice Warrior" types don't want people to question them. Just listen and believe(or, more accurately, listen and follow).
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
So, I think the real key to reducing site toxicity is to put on some tighter content filters. That means not allowing box maps/"proto" maps onto the site: that also means locking or deleting disaster WiP's that fail to meet proper requirements, before they devolve into shitholes.

I'm sorry but this is a complete non starter.  I mean, where do we draw the line on what is considered too poor to feature on the site? Also, there is several mappers on this site who started of by posting "shit" maps who are now pretty damn talented, so are we to turn away mappers until they are in line with the standards expected by a select few?

The point of this new policy is to prevent new mappers getting abused by the egotistical members of this site who think they are Gods amongst men and would rather trash than encourage these novice mappers. Besides... even decent maps get the harsh treatment (Daedra's rant on Prison Mission for example) and we are looking to put an end to this kind of bullshit to be honest.

The final straw was having 3 users ask us to delete their WIP threads because some people on here are too toxic to actually try and help people and instead would rather belittle these new users. This site will no longer condone this type of behaviour.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
I'm sorry but this is a complete non starter.  I mean, where do we draw the line on what is considered too poor to feature on the site? Also, there is several mappers on this site who started of by posting "shit" maps who are now pretty damn talented, so are we to turn away mappers until they are in line with the standards expected by a select few?

The point of this new policy is to prevent new mappers getting abused by the egotistical members of this site who think they are Gods amongst men and would rather trash than encourage these novice mappers. Besides... even decent maps get the harsh treatment (Daedra's rant on Prison Mission for example) and we are looking to put an end to this kind of bullshit to be honest.

The final straw was having 3 users ask us to delete their WIP threads because some people on here are too toxic to actually try and help people and instead would rather belittle these new users. This site will no longer condone this type of behaviour.

I agree with all this, and I have been guilty of such stuff in the past I'm not gonna lie. Having said that, what happened to the 'New Mapper' section that was mooted a while back? I honestly think that's the best solution for all parties.
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
I agree with all this, and I have been guilty of such stuff in the past I'm not gonna lie. Having said that, what happened to the 'New Mapper' section that was mooted a while back? I honestly think that's the best solution for all parties.
IIRC that might have been canceled because some people's first maps were actually pretty good and might have not gotten much attention because they were "New Mappers." It's a good idea honestly so people don't get so damn mean over someone's first map.

Loading ...